A suggestion for Earth's Vegetation

If you have a direct question to ask Matthew about Dark Potential, ask it here.
Atsute
MiniWarGaming Beginner

A suggestion for Earth's Vegetation

Post by Atsute » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 pm

I just recently got into you concepts for Dark Potential and in it I saw your concept art for the world (post apocalyptic). I understand your thoughts as it going very green and nature like. I understand your thoughts and agree that it would have much more nature than our current lifestyle.

My thought is that although this is a time where the human population is very small, giving a lot of room for nature to retake the planet I would think that on earth there would be much less vegetation than had previously been. The reason why I am suggesting this is your idea to help combat the Global Warming problem was to have plants that consumed more CO2. The problem for Earth only (I assume) is that there well be little to none fossil fuels and far less humans to produce the CO2 to sustain the plants especially the ones that would need the larger amounts of CO2.

Again this is just a suggestion and you may do whatever you want with it. Keep up the good work and I hope to be able to contribute however I can.

slaughtergames
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: A suggestion for Earth's Vegetation

Post by slaughtergames » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

- watch this: (if you have the time) it's 'life after people'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtHICMmDJk
it showes how darn quick plants take down buildings without maintenance. you don't really need many of them.

- the question is wether the plants consume more CO2 because they CAN or because they NEED TO. that would be the difference, and in the latter scenario, you would be right.

- i also think those plants that consume lots of CO2 would not replace trees. (though they might??)

though it is nice that you put some thought into it and help the community etc.
"i buy me new deffkopta!!"
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"