How much "sci" and how much "fi"

If you have a direct question to ask Matthew about Dark Potential, ask it here.
Dark Crescent
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryParticipated in King of the Hill

How much "sci" and how much "fi"

Post by Dark Crescent » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 am

The concept you seem to be going for with DP is generally based on Real and Theoretical Sciences eg. using Gravity/Mass to Speed up and Slow down time.

I was just wondering, as a general ratio how much "Science" to how much "Fiction" you are going for? (apologies if this has been asked)

If your going more towards science these DVDs may help you and the guys helping on the forums with ideas:

THE ELEGANT UNIVERSE by Brian Greene
it is a little bit preachy on the M(string) Theory side of things but it does simplify Quantum Mechanics, Worm holes, Gravity, Strong and Weak Nuclear forces and Electro-Magnetism.

WONDERS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM by Brain Cox
Talks about how Gravity, Light, Fusion, Nucleosynthesis and the atmosphere works and how Life, Stars and Planets are made.

INTO THE UNIVERSE by Stephen Hawkings
Talks about "Plausible" Time Travel (moving at the speed of light and using super massive black holes to slow down time), Alien Evolution, Space Travel and how the universe started and how it all got to where we are now.

All three help explain everything and they are a lot quicker and easier then sifting through Wikipedia.(I found that out the hard way)

Cheers

Dark Crescent
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryParticipated in King of the Hill

Re: How much "sci" and how much "fi"

Post by Dark Crescent » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:07 am

Sorry Guys I just found the Getting Started Again video

(Currently feeling like a tool)

Apologies again

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: How much "sci" and how much "fi"

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 am

No problem.

I'm actually reading a lot of theoretical science books and watching DVD series in the topic as well, in the hopes that I won't sound too much like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I want there to be a strong science background (at least according to what we currently know now), but there will be a lot of fiction as well.

In fact, the entire premise of dark matter, dark fusion, and field manipulation will be far more fiction than science, but only because we know very little on the subjects.