Undead?

If you have a direct question to ask Matthew about Dark Potential, ask it here.
LoneHero2008
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Undead?

Post by LoneHero2008 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 am

When Mini Wargaming was working on Primal Horrizon (not sure if they are still but yeah...), I made a suggestiong for a faction: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 74&t=45438

Anyway, is there any chance of undead mutants or such showing up in the world of Dark Potential? We have aliens, mutant animals, bandits, robots and so on, so the idea of a faction of undead, or mad scientist creating undead, wouldn't be to far fetched right?
Space Orks - Big Mek Azak Mostdakka's Warband - About 470 Points
Space Marines - Blood Ravens - 500 Points even
Wins: 8
Loses: 15
Draws: 3

slaughtergames
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Undead?

Post by slaughtergames » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Well, in either the first or the second DPDD, Matt stated he didn't want drugs, ZOMBIES or prostitution or other dark (fallout) things. (if i'm not completely mistaken) And, undead aren't very far from zombies, now are they?

But, reading your post, i actually quite liked it, but i'm 95% sure that Matt's going to say: "it's not the feel i'm going for with dark potential."

and remember DP is meant to be 2000 years in the future. (give or take some)
it's about real people, just in another point of time. now, aliens kill 99,9999% of ALL humanity. Does it make sense that a MAD SCIENTIST survives, AND has the technology, complete and working, to make zombies?

no offence, but i'm not really sure how this would fit in DP. maybe an expansion.

remember i'm not trying to make you feel bad, i actually love the fluff, if it was in another setting (maybe something like borderlands - a PC game)

so final answer: No..
"i buy me new deffkopta!!"
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"