Solo Explanation

If you have a direct question to ask Matthew about Dark Potential, ask it here.
AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Solo Explanation

Post by AirborneHam » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Sorry about making two threads but they were different questions and I thought about this one like 5 minutes after posting the first thread.

So my first question is, are you planning on having the solos named characters like Warmachine or just elite units like a good sniper? I really like the named character thing personally, it gives the army a feel of awesomeness fighting with a famous soldier. On the other hand, I also think the ability to customize a elite guy to your purpose like you can with Ork Warbosses (maybe others too, I just play Orks) is nice because you can develop your own unique force with it's own fluff.
So maybe a combination would be nice.

Another question, if the solos are named characters how do the animals deal with this? I was thinking maybe there are legendary creatures with distinct features that are in stories and legend. So to be unoriginal, "A beast that towered ten feet tall and had a large scar in place of it's right eye. It was well known in the Corporation as the destroyer of Vargas, the city that has been desolate for decades." Just that kind of creature for solos.

Anyway, now that I've ranted, a thank you in advance is due.
Thank You. :wink:
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: Solo Explanation

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 pm

AirborneHam wrote:So my first question is, are you planning on having the solos named characters like Warmachine or just elite units like a good sniper?
Both.
AirborneHam wrote:If the solos are named characters how do the animals deal with this? I was thinking maybe there are legendary creatures with distinct features that are in stories and legend.
That works.

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Solo Explanation

Post by saltinerunner45 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 am

ham if worst comes to worst, you can always create your own force and just say "my 'Sargent Destruction' has the same stats and ability's as 'Captain Awesome'"
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only static grass." -Smurfyk
2000pts Tyranid

Return to “Ask Matthew a Question”