Planning of a Stroy: X'lanthos poll

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.

Which system of Rulership Suits the X'Lanthos

Poll ended at Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:20 pm

A Khanate
No votes
An Imperial System
No votes
A Monarchy
No votes
A Tribal System
No votes
A Tyrant
No votes
A Military Junta
100%

Total votes: 3

Prince Malakev
Now we're getting somewhere...

Planning of a Stroy: X'lanthos poll

Post by Prince Malakev » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi
I have wanted to make a story about the X'lanthos and i was wanting to resolve the issue of how the X'lanthos leaders would procalim themselves as , stuck on earth and in their eternal struggle to conquer it.
Here are the Options:
1. A Khanate- one Khan with every warrior swearing an oath to his cause and will die for him than themselves
2. An Imperial System- An emperor who has complete rulership over the Community and society and has his people slave to make buildings and such
3. A Monarchy- so a King amongst X'lanthos, he who has proclaimed to be blessed by their god and that he has given him the right to rule over all and that anyone who tries to stop him will be struck down
4. Tribal System - A chief who has won the Right to rule by killing the previous Leader by fair combat or competition, who is advised by the spirits and the Elders
5. A Tyrant/ Overlord/ Warlord- Someone who has one the Role of Tyrant through bloody Combat, ruling with an unmerciful iron fist

please Vote this will help me a lot in what to Write about, and if this succeeds there is more to come
Much Appreciated
Prince Malakev
Last edited by Prince Malakev on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

cymruvoodoo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Planning of a Stroy: X'lanthos poll

Post by cymruvoodoo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Interesting question, I voted for the closest option to what I think might be the right one but none of your poll options work for what I think they might do. I think that it is most likely the X'Lanthos try to maintain a military organization in line with whatever their strike force or task group had before they crashed. Therefore, I think the right option would be:

Military Junta - A make-it-work system set up to maintain military rank as far as is possible where command decisions are centralized to a panel of the highest ranking officers of the force with seats apportioned to the different branches of the invasion group and with the commanding officer of the ground forces or naval forces, one or the other, having an extra vote in the case of the panel being tied. The individual X'Lanthos are encouraged to regard themselves as still part of an unbroken chain of command stretching back to X'Lanth.

Lumipon
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Lumipon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:38 am

I have to agree with cymruvoodoo here.

A military junta would be the quickest and easiest to implement in a crisis, as it's just an extension of the existing system.

Though there has been a 100-years or on-and-off fighting with no victory in sight or even a place to retreat to... So the X'Lanthos military might have suffered mutinies and desertions.

Prince Malakev
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Prince Malakev » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:29 am

Well i chose the methods above because i thought it make more sense that the X'Lanthos had degenerated a little bit into these crude societies, due to losing contact with their homeworld and the rest of their race. But i do like your idea and I'll add it to the options :)
Thanks a lot for the ideas
Please, Keep 'um coming :)

Return to “Dark Potential Fan Fiction”