Bandit fiction

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
slaughtergames
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Bandit fiction

Post by slaughtergames » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:12 am

hey guys, the holidays have started here, and I'm a bit sick, so I had (quite) some spare time. not to say that this is bad though. (even though I'll let you guys decide)

The story below is about a group of bandits. as far as I know, there isn't really much established fluff on them, so I had a good go at this! enjoy!
"i buy me new deffkopta!!"
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"

slaughtergames
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Bandit fiction

Post by slaughtergames » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:12 am

‘So why didn’t they work together to survive pap?’ Brian asked. His father grunted. ‘Huh?’ Recovering, he formulated a thought. ‘Well boy, not all people are as nice as you and me, you see. They ask to borrow your gun, and then, well, never come back. They pretend to be nice, if you give them what you want. If you don’t, that’s when they go dangerous.’

The car they were in apparently drove over a large rock, because Brian, who had been sitting, was flung forward by the sudden, fast tilt. He pulled his face off the long broken windscreen and, through a starting nosebleed, grumbled: ‘Darn seatbelts! Must be a hundred years old.’ Holding up the belt, which was no longer attached to anything, he looked at his dad, who said: ‘probably more. It’s a wonder that anything in this car still works!’

They were now nearing ‘home’, a collection of shacks and sheds that was surrounded by sparse trees and a perimeter of guard houses. Driving past one, the guard called out: ‘stop there you! Inspection!’ dad didn’t heed it much: ‘oh don’t waste our time! I’m taking my man to the medical, before dropping of my loot! If I bring in something dangerous you just shoot me dead when the time comes!’ and the reply sounded: ‘that’s a deal! Carry on!’

---

A couple hour past, and from the outside of the shack the voice of the leader rang. ‘We’ve spotted some o’ those aliens! I want every combat-capable man on the square! And hurry up, or I’ll personally come kick your butt!’ Such was the rule of the people, who outsiders referred to as bandits. This leader was in no way official, or assured of his position. He was the leader, because of his charisma, and his capability to indeed ‘come kick your butt’. Luckily, he was also more than a bit intelligent.

When hearing of the aliens, Brian always shivered at first, but always recovered, thinking of the golden rule: you kill, you loot. These aliens were dead silent already, killing them just meant they stopped shooting you, as far as most people were concerned. The only problem so far, was that they didn’t die easily. He stood at the door. ‘hayo!’ he called, an old joke-greeting of him and his dad, who would now stay home. He was just forty years old, but in this world, lifespan was only fifty.

On ‘the square’, not more than a square-shaped patch of dry soil between some trees, fighters were organized into groups: one, two and three: seventeen men in total. Indeed, this society did not count many people. The leader, casually referred to as Harman, now ordered: ‘group one, with me. Two and three, stick to Bjorn and gun-Harrick. And don’t waste time, ‘cause we’ll be walking.’ This was unnecessary to say, walking was the routine for these jobs. Noisy cars only served to scare X’lanthos away. Or get wrecked by them for that matter.
Brian had been assigned to gun-Harrick’s squad. They got to do the fun part: burst out of the canopy and blast the crap out of the aliens with any guns they got. The other two units would swoop around the side, starting a crossfire and cutting off retreat. Of course, this went wrong.

When they sprang forth from the canopy, they set their enemies ablaze with their guns, only to discover, moments later, that they had been shooting holograms. That noise of their guns blazing had nonetheless been long enough to cover up the screams from group three, as they got plasma’d to death. Startled, gun-Harrick yelled ‘Something went wrong! Get yourself some cover! Make a perimeter! Reload your guns! Now!’ they made a bit of commotion, because Harrick never lost his nerve like this. Another bellow came from him: ‘shut up dogs!’ they fell silent, and heard the guns roar from group one. Another order: ‘Go ladies, Go!’

They got there quickly, and found most of the group with bad scorch-wounds from the plasma. Harman was wrestling both the two remaining X’lanthos at once, his knife stuck in a third one, dead. Along with the others, they launched themselves at the aliens, while Harrick used his massive machine gun as a club. Their enemies soon lay bludgeoned, bleeding, and very, very dead in the mud.

They looked at the mess of bodies. There were six dead aliens here, along with five gravely wounded men. Harman counted: ‘… Four, five, six… we have six men who are not wounded! Right, form a line!’ they stood in a line, and Harman divided it in two. To one half he gestured ‘Go get the casualties from group three. Bring them here, maybe some will survive this.’ The other half he ordered: ‘don’t stand and look, go get the cars, so we can take these poor bastards home.’ “the cars” referred to the only two cars that stood in the camp, and still functioned properly. Before the three men left off, he pointed to the aliens. ‘Don’t dare to forget the loot-trailer!’
---
"i buy me new deffkopta!!"
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"

Sanchez Storm
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Bandit fiction

Post by Sanchez Storm » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Not bad. I enjoyed reading this. I like the end when the leader tells them not to forget the loot truck :D
Lotr sbg : Easterlings 650ish points
Dwarves 700ish points