Playable Faction: Dwars

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
aNukklehead
Now we're getting somewhere...

Playable Faction: Dwars

Post by aNukklehead » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 pm

I would like to try and create a playable faction for Dark Potential.
Here is what I've come up with so far.

The Dwars on Earth

The Dwars are an Alien race of Humanoids that have long since moved on from their home planet in search of rare minerals and metals to fuel their energy fusion ships.
One of these ships crashed on planet Earth somewhere during the Human X'lanthos War. The survivors of this ship were forced underground by the waring factions. Since the crash they have lived under in the Mongolian steppe lands and northern China and southern Russia in hope of getting home. Unfortunately the rare alien element, Crobite (which powered their crusier) is not found on our planet. In result the Dwars are stuck here along with the countless other species grappling for survival on the planet Earth.
The Dwars attempts to substitute various Earth elements and minerals have been met with limited success. When mining for the Crobite they never found they stumbled along Uranium. Uranium somehow interacts with their anatomy differently than us and completely sustains the Dwars when they consume powdered Uranium.
For this reason the Dwars have tried to cease what ever Uranium refineries remian standing on Earth.
The Dwars were able to salvage enough of their technology from their cruiser to establish small mining operations (mostly in Northern China and the Mongolian Mountains and plateaus along with some in southern Russia).
The Dwars have been able to construct light tanks as well as some repulsor lift vehicles and various mechs (mostly used for mining).
Dwars and X'lanthos are bitter enemies. This is because the X'lanthos were the ones that shot down the Dwar's crusier in the first place. They constantly war with each other and try to wipe each other off the planet. Fortunatly for the both of them they are both to little in number and to spread out to accomplish this.
Dwars hate Scavengers and veiw them as a menance. The usually destory them when they find them or maim them horribly.
Dwars get along tolerably with humans. They haven't tried to kill eachother yet, but since the Corporation owns various amounts of Uranium relation ships have been steadily improving.
The Dwars get along well with most other Factions in the Dark Potential Universe.

Dwar Anatomy
A Dwar's anatomy is much different than a human's. They sort of resemble a generic Grey type Alien. A Dwar has nothing in its stomach area except for muscle. The chest holds all the vital organs along with a stomach that surrounds them. Their heads hold their hearts (They have three small ones) along with an extremely actue sense of hearing. This makes them very susceptible to sonic attacks which can some times kill them out right. They have absolutly no teeth and almost no lips. They cannot breath Earth's air because it is highly toxic to them. Oxygen is their Carbon-monoxide. Because of this Dwars wear gas masks and bio-suits whenever they are out side. A Dwar's skeleton is extremly flexible. They almost have twice the amount of bone in their bodies that we do. Though because of Earth's higher gravity they move much more sluggashly than they would on their home planet of their spaceships. For some strange reason their bodies have not become stronger in result of higher gravity even their young haven't changed to accommodate. Some human scientists speculate that they may have genetically altered their bodies so they cannot evolve or adapt.

Dwar Technology
The Dwars have based almost all of their technology on magnetics, repulsor lift and energy weapons. They have precious few projectile weapons in their aresenal but boast an extreme amount of energy and laser weapons. Their Vehicles are all repulsor lift vehicles and their mechs would topple with out their repulsion systems and magnetic stabilizers.

Dwar way of life

The Dwars believe that everyone must know how to fight and to mine. This is so everyone can positively contribute to the community. After a year of each service they go off to become what ever they like. There are very few Dwars that pursue the arts though. They all seem to believe in hard work and building.
They do keep a tradition of telling stories about their home planet and ancient history. Each mining clan has three Elders that are in charge of keeping this stories and histories safe. These Elders are each in charge of the histories and stories of the three main parts of Dwarian life: Engineer, Soldier, and Miner. These Elder sometime accompany their Class to their jobs to inspire confidence in times of trouble. These Elders have an almost god-like status.

That is my Faction for the Mini War Game Dark Potential.
Constructive Criticism is welcomed please tell me what you think!
Thanks for taking a look at the Dwars!
Last edited by aNukklehead on Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stickmaster97
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Playable Faction: Dwars

Post by stickmaster97 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm

If you are really serious about this I would think of bringing it to Matt's attention via email, and you can work out the kinks together.
Corrupt A Wish
"And looks like stickmaster is the official welcoming committee."
-Joe

Warhammer 40,000:
Storm Guard (Space Marines) : Just starting.....

Phaedros
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Phaedros » Tue May 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Good write-up, but I'm sorry... the stunties shall not inherit nor inhabit DP whilst I breathe. ^_^
Warning! I have posted on your thread!
I'm not a Troll, I'm just lacking in the tact department, also, I tend to wield the English language like a really big sledgehammer. No offense is usually intended.

stickmaster97
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by stickmaster97 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Phaedros wrote:Good write-up, but I'm sorry... the stunties shall not inherit nor inhabit DP whilst I breathe. ^_^
You got a thing againts short peoples!! Huh?!! Just cuz they are small and stuff doesnt mean you can be racist against them!!?!

haha im just kidding yo. I have a few short friends (best friend is short) and I love em.

Please don't attack me with flames of the X'Lanthos! I'll bring cookies! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Corrupt A Wish
"And looks like stickmaster is the official welcoming committee."
-Joe

Warhammer 40,000:
Storm Guard (Space Marines) : Just starting.....