Contest: Dark Acoustics: Prologue

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
Xefa01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Contest: Dark Acoustics: Prologue

Post by Xefa01 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Forward:
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a quick little preface before letting you jump into Act I. I wanted to thank everyone for the amazing fan fiction that’s been posted so far. It’s all been a great read and I feel even closer to the universe than I thought possible. At this point I would be utterly devastated if this project didn’t happen, and I want to thank everyone for giving me something new to be excited about!

If I could I would thank every poster of every forum topic for giving me so much inspiration but I feel like that would be a bit boring to read.
Instead I did want to give a shoutout to a few posters that have given me so much inspiration that I now intend to “steal” some of their ideas for the telling of my own little corner of the world.

Trooogdooor: Thanks for all the thought you’ve put into everything, the ideas you present are both exciting to think about and terrifying to know I have to compete against them! I only hope that my idea can stand up, and I hope you’ll forgive me if I rip you off every so often!

Roy-Batty: Your Eris Scrolls have given me a ton of ideas and an even higher volume of inspiration, I thank you for your efforts and I hope you have no plans of stopping the flow of literature!

AirborneHam: I have to thank you for being the first story I read for Dark Potential and as such, it alone is what got me excited to read everything else. With your permission, I wish to relate my storyline to yours in parts as a tip of my hat to that fact.

About:
The following story is about the discovery of a new form of technology that was found in the Canadian wilderness, in what used to be the Mingan Archipelago National Park. A strange journal was dug up on a recent expedition to earth by a Salvage Recovery Team that alludes to a theory pioneered by a French physicist named Dr. Olen Bombardier. He hypothesized that with the correct applications of Dark Matter, using the quantum harmonic oscillator function as a basis, one could manipulate the potential energy of harmonics, vibrations, and sound. The consequences of such a find provided the fundamental grounds for the assembly of an elite team of warriors by the Reclaimers to seek out the facility of Dr. Bombardier, a facility alluded to in the journal but the whereabouts of which are currently unknown.
Our heroine, Katy Blanch is one of those soldiers…

P.S:
Following your acceptance of this story, I plan to write a new installment every day up until the contest deadline. Please give feedback AND criticism…I welcome it all. THANKS!
Last edited by Xefa01 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Science fiction writers foresee the inevitable, and although problems and catastrophes may be inevitable, solutions are not."

-Isaac Asimov

Xefa01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Dark Acoustics: Prologue

Post by Xefa01 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:04 pm

"Science fiction writers foresee the inevitable, and although problems and catastrophes may be inevitable, solutions are not."

-Isaac Asimov

Xefa01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Contest: Dark Acoustics: Prologue

Post by Xefa01 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:21 am

I've decided to also provide a "Codex" supplement to go with the Dark Acoustics story. The idea is that as new gadgets and concepts are introduced, I can add to the index so that followers interested in the specifics of everything can read a more elaborate and explained description of the toys and settings present in the story.

As you read along, certain terms will have an * by their name. This means that the item can be found in their relevant codex.

Thanks!

Codex: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=73684
Military Index: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=73755
Naval Index: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=73756

-Isaac Asimov

Xefa01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Xefa01 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:13 am

Hey everyone, I made another index that you can catch here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=74158

It's just a short one on my thoughts around Reclaimer physiology, utilizing some of the stuff I've touched on in the series.

Thanks again for reading!

-Isaac Asimov

Chief
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Post by Chief » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:37 pm

+1

The vote has been cast :twisted:

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by AirborneHam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:48 pm

+1
You have my congratulations on such a popular series. Good work.
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

LepperGod
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by LepperGod » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 pm

+1

Xefa01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Xefa01 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 am

Wow 3 votes...I'm through the roof, thank you guys so much! I'm thrilled that you liked it! :D

-Isaac Asimov

trooogdooor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by trooogdooor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 am

+1

Xefa01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Xefa01 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 am

Thanks Trooogdooor!

-Isaac Asimov