The Animals

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
TheUnknown
Now we're getting somewhere...

The Animals

Post by TheUnknown » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:17 am

Alright, I have been around the miniwargaming site for about a year now, and just now realized that this whole game concept has been set in place. Now i have only recently made an account for this (five minutes ago) and hope to help expand this fantastic idea.

The one faction that really stuck out to me was this faction, the animal faction. I have only just scratched the surface on what people think about this faction and what matthew thinks about this faction, but i would be willing to help with what i can.

Now some ideas i have heard and think would work would be the story that the ship crash lands on the planet. Now what i could put into the pot is some story behind that theory. So i guess i'll start off with the first sighting of "the animals"

----- Xeno Biologist's Hologram found from the ship wreck-----
Journal Entry #1 Date: March 3, 3495 AD..... Dr.Seth Strong.......
We have landed on one of the last planets that has a livable environment for humans, they call it Planet #2455 or Planet "Chloros" meaning green when translated from the Greek language, and rightfully so, it looks like this planet doesn't have a bare spot at all. my god, I am glad we got assigned to this planet instead of some other one.

Journal Entry #56 Date: July 20, 3495 AD...... Dr.Seth Strong......
It has been awhile since i have last taken notes, but there have been more pressing matters like exploring this planet and taking samples of everything i can get my hands on. But i have some very good news to share! First we found out that like all of the other colonies there have been artifacts here that look far more advanced than anything us scientists can comprehend. Also i should not forget to mention that there are animals here, and if the rest of the planet is like the hundred kilometer perimeter we have established there may be thousands of species here.

Journal Entry #435 Date: January 15, 3499 AD.... Dr.Seth Strong.....
Today we have found the most extraordinary thing yet on this planet, semi-intelligent lifeforms. They seem to be able to understand each other somehow, but we have yet to identify how. Also what is most remarkable is that some of the predators are smart enough to herd their food into a place where there is no escape and strike then sort of like prides of lions or something of the sort. Also there seems to be alpha type animals, which of course was to be expected, but unlike most animals that we know of, they control a vast area with around 2-3 packs of their own species.. Oh, also, before i leave i must add that they use some of the smaller animals as a bait of some sort if they want to catch other predators that are smaller than themselves.

Journal Entry #3411 Date:(month unkown)3504 AD...... Dr.Seth Strong.....
I am here today with a most urgent message, an alien species with vast technology attacked one of the colonies close to ours and the scientists there have proven that their technology matches that of the abandoned structures. Which has put us to the conclusion that we may be next and that we should take some of the species and go back to earth so if they do attack Planet Chloros all of its remarkable inhabitants won't suffer the fate of death so soon.*background noise* somebody get through to Command, we need to know if we should move on with our plan.

Journal Entry #4001 Date:March 24, (3510-3554 depends on what matthew wants.) AD...... Dr.Seth Strong
Well we are finally on our way to Earth, the center of the human race. I havn't been there in decades, ha, i can still see myself as a young ambitious scientist ready for anything and openminded to everything. Well anyway we managed to get most of the intellegent species off of the planet. There is over five different vessels that will be carrying the animals back to earth because Science as a whole group decided that these were the most intelligent beings from any of the 50 colonies. Of course we lost many souls like getting them aboard, i mean would you leave your home for a reason you can't, at the moment, comprehend. But alas all is fair in love and war..... and abduction.

Journal Entry #4125 Date: November 18, (will vary)
The stupid soldier doomed us all. I have noticed how the intelligent animals used others as bait, and i have never been able to grasp how exactly until now. One of the Chloros born soldiers was on duty,the only one might i add, and he walked a little to close to the alpha's cage for a reason beyond me and i am still unasure of how it happened but the other soldiers who came out of the barracks to see what was happening saw him go over and open up several of the cages unleashing the outraged predators who quite quickly torn him apart. They then tried to kill them and as you can gues died and now i am stuck in a room with about five other scientists, the captain of the vessel, and about five ship crewmen waiting for them to break open to the door and be aten for... what would it be late lunch? anyhow i must tell who ever gets this, i mean if anybody gets this that these animals are more intelligent than we ever thought and that when provoked can cause quite litterally hell. *they are breaking through!" well i have to make these quick, i will launch......*Entering Earth's Atmosphere, thirty seconds until impact* well, this is unfortunate, I won't be able to study these animals further.... Captain make sure no matter what happens this ship goes down well enough so as to not hurt the an....* this is the Earth's Defence System, redirect your course or be shot down.* *the journal is put down* "they got through" *a series of screams.* *CRASH*

Now this is just kind of a rough draft of what could be a option for this faction, i would also like to know what people think about the faction as a whole and other stories or fluffy stuff.

srg2006

Re: The Animals

Post by srg2006 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

i think it sounds cool you should write more i think you got something

TheUnknown

Post by TheUnknown » Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm

I have been gone for awhile, but i can write more soon.

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Curahee!

TheUnknown

Post by TheUnknown » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm

One question before i write more, has the animal concept been finalized or is it still open for changes?

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by AirborneHam » Fri May 11, 2012 6:16 pm

There is nothing set in stone about the Animals other than that they are Animals. I've basically taken artistic freedom with them in my writing, so you can basically do anything right now with the Animals.
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

TheUnknown

Post by TheUnknown » Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm

ah ok, as i have been gone for awhile, what is your current approach to how the animals became the animals? I'd like to know so i don't step on anybody's feet by making a story.

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by AirborneHam » Sun May 13, 2012 7:28 pm

The current basis for the animal faction is based on troogoodoor's Lanthoformers thread:http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 15&t=70003

My piece I used to help explain the animals, using troogoodoor's basic concepts is right here:http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=71576

Hope that helps.
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

Ravenss

Post by Ravenss » Wed May 30, 2012 9:31 am

Love it, though I would have steered away from the Jurrasic Park kinda thing (animals escaping and eating people) And gone with a 'they were freindly at first, but when we attempted to remove them from the ship to the planet, they went insane and ran off' kinda thing :D

Just the way I wouldve done it, no problem wiht your way, still awesome.

Return to “Dark Potential Fan Fiction”