The Fallen Soldier Chronicles Part 3: Safety

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

The Fallen Soldier Chronicles Part 3: Safety

Post by AirborneHam » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Part 1:http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=65487
Part 2:http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=65874

Sven didn’t know how to react. On one hand, these people saved his life; on the other, he was taught all his life that the humans on Earth were barbaric. He jumped up from his seated position and reached for his gun. Before he could even get on his feet, a grunt escaped from his mouth and Sven collapsed onto the floor in pain.

“Did you not hear me? I did surgery, so you might not be able to do some of the things you normally could.” The woman, Katrina, walked over and offered to help him up. “And you probably shouldn’t try or you’ll do more damage than what was already done. You’re body is weaker than a normal human’s”

Sven collapsed back onto the cot and tried to speak. “Who…” He managed to gasp. It seemed as if the one word used all of the air in his body. He tried again with even less success but eventually his meaning came across.

“My name is Katrina Barrowmore, the doctor and herbalist here. The man who rescued you is Sal Winster.” Sven noticed that the man had left. He was nowhere to be seen but Sven could not think of any time that he could have left. “He’s a wanderer. Sal doesn’t care much for people other than himself, so you should feel important. He must have seen something special in you. By now he’s probably left the town, so don’t expect to see him soon.”

Sven spent some time breathing deeply, trying to build up his lungs. Katrina continued to clean her tools and put them away while he took his deep breaths. After what seemed like an hour, Sven took a final breath and spoke. “Where am I?” he asked, his voice faint and rough. It hurt, but he could finally talk.

“The town’s called Chequamegon. Sal found you almost sixty-five miles west of here. You’re lucky you survived the trip.” The doctor smiled a sweet smiled and brought a pitcher and a cup over to Sven. “Here, drink some water. Your body has been under serious stress.”

Sven took the water and took a small sip. He found drinking difficult as it made him stop breathing. Even the smallest amount of holding his breath left him gasping for air afterword. “So,” Sven started, after a good amount of preparation. “How long do you think I’ll be here?”

Katrina turned and a smile grew on her face. “That eager to leave, are you?” She said. Sven thought he might have even heard a faint laugh. “Not even a thank you for saving your life?”

“Thank you.” He said. “So, how long?”

“Probably a week. Maybe more. And don’t think you’re getting free healthcare either. After you recover, your butt is going to be out in the woods hunting and helping the town.”

Sven hadn’t thought of that, he had hoped to start trying to get back to the Reclaimers and serve them, not the people on Earth. The people he had thought were barbarians for the majority of his life. “Once I feel you’ve paid your debt you’ll be free to leave.” Katrina went to a closet and opened the door. “I have your gear in here if you were wondering. And don’t worry, I told the scientists that you didn’t have a power suit. They wanted to do research. I thought it was a little intrusive.”

“Thanks.” Sven replied. He hadn’t thought of that either. These people don’t have nearly as much technology as his society does. There have been whole wars fought to keep it that way. “The name is Sven, by the way.”

“I know.” She said. “Don’t look so shocked, it was on your suit.” Katrina walked over to the cot Sven was in. “Now, you should get more rest. When you wake in the morning I’ll examine your wound.” She helped Sven to lie back down and then walked out the door. “Goodnight,” she said sweetly, and with that Sven was left in the dark room alone.
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: The Fallen Soldier Chronicles Part 3: Safety

Post by AirborneHam » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Sorry it's been so long, School is bogging me down with work, so I can only write occasionally. Anyway, I'm just going to keep writing and hope for some responces later, when the mechanic thing is over. :)
Please comment and critique, opinions are welcome! :D
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

wasaw47
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by wasaw47 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:36 pm

man your stories are awesome! keep going!

Roy-Batty
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Roy-Batty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Great stuff! Didn't expect you to take Sven all the way out here, I like it! Keep it up!
Did you ever hear of the Eris Scrolls?

You can get to know them here:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 16&t=63414

And that's just the beginning.

Don't forget to bring your opinion!