The Fallen Soldier Chronicals Part 2: Rescue

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

The Fallen Soldier Chronicals Part 2: Rescue

Post by AirborneHam » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Read Part 1 Here:http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=65487
Sven tried to gasp a word, any word that might save his life, but all that came out was a cry of agony as his wound began to reopen. The stretching of his skin was overpowering the regrowing flesh. His grip was weakening and one by one his fingers began to let go. Just as his last two fingers began to slip away he felt a hand around his wrist.

“I got ya.” The man said reluctantly, pulling Sven to safety. Sven dropped to his knees and began wheezing, he could feel his lung collapsing. The pain was that of a dagger being driven through his chest, slower than the pain of the bullet he had felt not hours earlier. “What’s wrong with you?” Asked the man, his voice drawn out and casual unlike the short precise dialect of the people Sven had grown up knowing.

“Shot,” Sven gasped through the pain. “My lung, colla…. collapse,” He couldn’t endure the pain anymore. He had been running on pure adrenaline before but now he was drained.

“Calm down.” The man bent down to Sven’s level. “I know a woman that may help. I’ll take you to her.” That was the last thing Sven heard before he blacked out.

In his dreams he saw the faces of his fallen comrades; Commander Mark from his first mission to earth who had died to let the team escape, Derek, whom Sven had known since they were children and whom he shot once infected with the X’lanthos virus, and the many others he fought with but knew only by face. He saw the team that he had commanded for the last few months and had lost in the failed mission to attack the CSU in Superior. He saw the faces of the only surviving members of that team; Jared, the trained Potentialist, and Trudit, the Haussman enhanced robot that also had the ability to control Potential energy.

Sven had been personally responsible for each of their deaths or exacerbated future. He had led each of them to a horrible fate and he somehow survived. Was his life worth so many others’? Sven didn’t think so.

His eyes opened to a brightly lit room and the reality of the situation came back to him. His chest wailed in agony as he breathed and Sven coughed causing the feeling of all of his nerves stinging with pain. A voice from somewhere in the room spoke to him.

“Don’t try to move, it might hurt.” It was the man who saved him. Sven turned his head, enduring the pain to see the man and a woman in the room with him. The man scratched his beard and, removing his hat, said, “You won’t die, don’t worry. But you might be out of action for a couple of weeks.”

The woman turned to look at Sven. Her curly ginger hair fell into her eyes as she smiled. “Good,” she said. Her voice was soft and caring, almost of a different language than the man’s harsh speech. “I didn’t know if you could be saved when Sal first got you here. Lucky for you, you were unconscious upon arrival and I could perform surgery immediately.”

Sven now saw that the woman had been cleaning blood off of sharp instruments and medicinal tools. “You might have trouble breathing for the first few days while your body adjusts to using a single lung.” It was obvious that the woman saw Sven’s shock and confusion on his face. “My name is Katrina," she said. "You’re safe here.”
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: The Fallen Soldier Chronicals Part 2: Rescue

Post by AirborneHam » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Part 2 is here, and like always, please leave comments and opinions, they really help me to improve my writing and motivate me to actually write. :wink:
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.