The CSU: Part 6 (finaly)

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

The CSU: Part 6 (finaly)

Post by AirborneHam » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 am

Sven was almost done with the override sequence when the sounds of gunfire caught his attention. He looked up and saw a tall, muscular man burst through the doors on the opposite side of the room. He was scared, sure. He had heard plenty of stories about the ruthless bandits; the way they killed people without remorse, the slow, painful deaths people had to endure to reach peace.

When the bandit entered, Sven was frightened, but so was the CSU. It was horrified by the fact that something had penetrated the barriers it had put up, the soldiers it had to defend itself, and the firewalls protecting its programming. It had repeatedly tried to diplomatically convince Sven to stop what he was doing, saying things like “I am protecting your kind from the evil of the wild,” or “If you take control of me, you won’t know how to use the full extent of my power.”

Sven ignored the pleas. He hacked through all of the CSU’s security before the bandit broke his focus. Not knowing what to do, Sven froze as the nomadic men walked into the room carrying large guns and looking demented. The man in the front of the group spoke.

“You. You are the one who controls these robots, yes? I understand trying to trick me by pretending to be a computer when I was in the hall, but acting like you’re arguing with yourself? You’re good. You had me convinced.” The man had a harsh voice, and it was obvious he was superior to the men accompanying him as they backed off when he spoke.

“I don’t control the Salvagers, the computer does. It has you confused.” Sven said in an attempt to convince the man of the truth. The CSU wasn’t speaking up. It must have calculated that the bandit would kill Sven thinking he controlled everything, and then would eliminate the survivor.

“Don’t try to mess with me. I am Joshua Vance, leader of over 1,000 men in these parts. My army has just destroyed your robots and I walked in here unopposed. You have lost, Reclaimer. You can either run back to your damn spaceship or die like a man.” Joshua pointed his gun at Sven. He had a look of a killer, and Sven didn’t want to test him.

“Okay,” Sven said, backing away from the computer terminal. “You’ve won. I’ll leave. You can have the Salvagers.” Sven made sure before he left the terminal to restore as many firewalls as he could without causing suspicion, just in case this didn’t work. He did not want the bandits to have control of any robots.

“No!” The CSU spoke. “You are supposed to kill each other.”

Joshua looked confused “Wait. That voice.”

Sven pulled out his pistol and shot at Joshua, missing only by a few inches and causing sparks to burst out of a vent that the bullet hit. Joshua’s soldiers began open firing at Sven. He ducked behind the terminal and pulled an explosive charge out of his pack. He armed it. The bandits were occupied, it seemed, by something Sven couldn’t see, most likely the same wall crushing scenario that had occupied he and his team earlier.

“Humans cannot have control over my children. They were built to serve me. They are my servants.” The CSU had a hysterical voice. The computer was speaking so quickly it couldn’t keep up with itself. Words kept overlapping each other, skipping, and blaring out at seemingly random volumes. “I control…Robots of…Flesh is weak…” The senseless words droned out all other sound.

Sven planted the charge on the terminal. He had exactly one minute to escape the building and retrieve his team. Springing up from his hiding place, he shot two shots at one of the soldiers. The man recoiled as the bullets tore through his flesh, leaving him sprawled across the floor and bleeding. The other bandit, not the one who called himself Joshua, fired at Sven. The bullets whizzed past him. Sven ran at full speed towards the door he had entered through. He had to get out alive, he had to survive.
Joshua pushed his guard out of the way and pulled his rifle’s scope up to his eye, following the running Reclaimer with his crosshair. He calmly watched as the man jumped over some rubble and sprinted the last fifty meters to the door. After five long seconds of watching, a shot rang out. A cloud of blood momentarily appeared where the Reclaimer’s back had been. The man fell to the floor.
Sven felt the bullet rip through his Exo-suit. It tore into his flesh and pierced his heart. He was lying on the ground, dying. He would be gone within seconds. He had to accept death. Sven brought his communicator up to his mouth and spoke slowly and carefully. “Jared.”

“Yes?” Jared sounded unsure over the transmitter.

“I’m gone. Leave. I can’t make it.”

“But, Sven” Jared contested, and then another voice came over the communicator. It was Trudit, the Haussman robot. “He wants us to leave, follow orders.” The communicator was silent. “Goodbye Sven.”

“Goodbye.”
Joshua watched the Reclaimer talk into his transmitter, and then assumed he was dead and went back to the Computer. “So, you still there, buddy?” The lights went out. There was silence for a while, followed by the sound of sliding metal from the ceiling, walls, and everywhere else. Metallic taps came from the darkness, the sounds of grinding gears emitted from something unseen.

Out of the pitch black, Joshua could make out shapes of mechanical daemons. Guns aimed at him from everywhere.

“Yes, I’m still here. And I have friends.”

There was a soft beeping from around the terminal. Joshua looked towards it and saw the red light of an explosive charge flashing with intent.
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: The CSU: Part 6 (finaly)

Post by AirborneHam » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

The Fan-Fiction Forum has been rather inactive since my computer broke and Roy-Batty went on vacation, so I thought, now that my computer works, I'll liven things up with Part 6.
It's done. No more CSU, No more Joshua, worst of all, No more Sven or Reclaimer Recovery Team 6.
Sad :cry:
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 19&t=63550

It only gets better.