Total Isolation Cube Report 03 - Last Minute Rescue of Socks

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
trooogdooor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Total Isolation Cube Report 03 - Last Minute Rescue of Socks

Post by trooogdooor » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:29 am

FROM: Admiral Batou Earthborne Teller, Lunar Defence Force, High Command
TO: Professor Adolf Remus Xin Cheng, Lunar Academy, Xenolinguistics Dept.
AD 1798-12-29 ∇ 10:55 Lunar Standard Time (LST)
AD 3714-01-04 ∇ 14:20 Earth Standard Time (EST)

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
TRANSMISSION BEGIN

Stop swooning at it, you idiot.

It didn't choose to make friends with you. We have recovered the aliens wrecked dragonfly-class scout, and there was no air left. None. This thing was loitering out there for weeks, presumably hoping for X'lanthos extraction. It only approached the Lunar Authority base on its last tank of air. They live forever, who knows how many from our side it has already refused surrender. For that matter, who knows what kind of mission it was doing in the area, before it was downed by god knows what. It was likely a target pinpointer. Or a saboteur. Or a damn thief. Look at the notes, the thing is clearly stunned and overjoyed that we haven't killed it yet.

It happens to be the case that I don't care what you answer to this particular question. Go ahead and quote the Beatles. But you'll run further interactions with the POW henceforth past Admiralty Science Officer Skarsgaard, who will be assigned to accompanying you. Henceforth and throughout. If the POW asks a question of any consequence whatsoever, it will be told to ask a different question. If it refuses to answer our questions, we will punish it. This is a POW interrogation. If it forgets, we shall remind it.

And doctor, let me be very clear: if I find that you have detained some poor servicemans cat, you will be publicly flogged. X'lanthos digestion is just as omnivorous as ours, and that faceless spidermonkey will be getting the same slop as the lowest prisoner in the brig.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
TRANSMISSION END

Phatty
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Total Isolation Cube Report 03 - Last Minute Rescue of Socks

Post by Phatty » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

the part about the cat made me lol

i like how each one of these has its own distict tone of voice. form the rambling doc, to the all business commander

trooogdooor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by trooogdooor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:56 am

Yeah, Socks got lucky. Let's see how long he can evade the professor.

Zenadirith
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Zenadirith » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:15 am

You are writing these so fast I don't have time to comment on how much I like them. Keep it up I am interested on what happens next.