Reclaimers short story

Post your fan-made fiction here!
Forum rules
By submitting anything on this forum you agree to allow MiniWarGaming to use any or all parts without permission and without compensation.
cj rex
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Reclaimers short story

Post by cj rex » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:34 am

The mission was simple. But in reality, they had an up hill battle in front of them.
The mission: sweep an unexplored part of town. If any tech found gather. If any rare tech found to secure it and call for an emergency evac.

As captain Rex looked over his men, he sees that they are eager and ready. Under his command, two four man squads, a forward observers, and two redeemers. He looked at mark, his forward. "Mark you keep squad two in sight just to be safe. We don't know what's out their." "Yes sir" he answered. They felt the ship shudder as it landed and changed gravity to match earths. " Charlie, watch Mark and keep him safe." Charlie, the squad leader of squad one, stood up and grabbed his Particle Rifle. "Of course captain" he said and followed Mark out of the transport. "Squad one fall in" he snapped before he fully exited. They left the ship. "Corey, cover the redeemers, I will be close to everyone." As Corey stood up he looked at the redeemers, they where brothers, Kyle and Sam "yes sir, you guys ready?" He asked them. "Yeah, ready when you are" Kyle said. "Squad two form up on me." He said and walked out with the captain. "Sir do you know what they want us to look for out here?" Corey asked. "Because nothing has been seen around here the last three months. They think some one is driving them out. Or it's dry, but keep your eyes open you never know." He replied.

"Sir, good news and bad news, which you want first?" Mark came over the com. "Bad then good" "bad news, X'lanthos are here, I see two squads of four." Mark said as he sat behind the ledge on the top of an apartment. "Good news?" "Their is a building they are guarding, it's chained and it looks like they just got here." He replied. "Where are you I'm on the way." " cardinal road, its a right off of opits boulevard." "Got it," he cut the com off "squad two on me we are on the move to cardinal, up two blocks. Move!" He said aloud and sprinted off up the road. "I sir we will get to a good spot and let Mark know when we are ready." Sam said on the com. "Let me know when your ready" he replied.

"Mark we Are set up and ready let us know what to light up." "Got it" he replied. "Sir the redeemers are ready let me know when and what to target." He told Rex. As the captain came up on the X'lanthos, he noticed their commander was not in site and the chains where cut but one squad was still out side. "Target the squad, aim for the squad leader." "Yes sir" he said as he aimed down his sight and marked which one he thought was the squad leader. Before he could say anything he heard the rockets let loose. He watched them trail up and then curve just anuff the zip down and blow the squad sky high. "Clear sir and I have life forms coming out of the building I thi. . . ." He cut off mind sentence, "sir the the corporation, I'm guessing it was one of their stashes." Rex stoped and felt the burn in his side where a vibro knife stabbed him. He went to go look around the building but gun shots rang off of the wall next to him, "sir three, no four sentries are out front hang tight"
So you mean to tell me you don't fear the things that go bump in the night? While you're in the woods? Foolish.

cj rex
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Reclaimers short story

Post by cj rex » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Part 2

He aimed down the sight, he marked the four turrets, and again he heard the rockets go to the sky, two turrets went down. "Sir you have a squad moving to you. I'm being targeted, have to move and get squad one to spot two." "Roger that we are moving back and getting ready." He told mark. He turned to Corey "tell everyone to get behind something, because when we have a a visually we open fire." With out saying a word Corey turned to his squad and the dispersed and hid behind some cars and waited for the signal."

Smoke grenades rolled in to the road and hissed as they let the smoke fill the air. Rex was in a door way to the left of Corey, he held a gravity mine and waited for them to come in to sight. He saw the shadows in the smoke and threw the gravity mine down it was set on increase. The squad walked right in to the mine and stumbled to the ground, "now!" Corey shouted and opened fire along with his squad. "Keep low, they know we are here" Rex said to his squad. Right then a shot rang out, and one of the squad members dropped. "Sniper!" They all ducked down, "Mark, find that sniper. I want he gone." "On it boss" he responded.

He sprinted to the edge of the roof he just got to. "Squad one watch it we are close to the warehouse if they find us prepare for a fight." He scanned for the sniper and after the sniper shot again he found him. He aimed down his sights and marked the sniper and he heard the rockets take to the sky's again. But the sniper moved just in time and lived. "He's out of your hair sir, but he's not dead, keep your head down and eyes open." He didn't wait for a reply and told the redeemers to move up and get cover.

Another squad came in to the ally way and opened fire on the squad behind the cars. Corey grab something off of his chest pulled then pin and let it fly. About mind way the object let off a flash and blinded the squad long anuff for the Corey and his squad to duck in to the building. "Move, top floor now!" Rex barked out and started up the stairs to where Mark was. "Everyone form up on the building rooftop on the corner of Opits and Maple, we are striking while the iron is hot." Rex barked out over the comm.

Kyle, Sam, Charlie and squad one moved to get to Opits. "Why are we moving from here? We are safe back here." "They need our help and they might be afraid to lose Mark so bringing you two in will make us hard hitting." Charlie replied to Sam. Suddenly, the comm bursted with chatter, "move top side now!" Charlie and everyone with him stopped as they listened to the comm. They could hear gun shots and suddenly silence. "MOVE! We need to be their now!" Charlie barked and started to run towards Opits. They got to where Rex had told him, Opits and Maple. "Which buil. . ." More shots rang out before Sam could finish. "That one" Kyle pointed to and the squad moved up.

What do you think keep going? Should I stop or change anything?
So you mean to tell me you don't fear the things that go bump in the night? While you're in the woods? Foolish.

Tryg2
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Reclaimers short story

Post by Tryg2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Not bad. I like it overall, but I would say it needs more clear transitions when you change viewpoints, etc.