maps

Post images that you think represent Dark Potential here (i.e. not Concept art).
jiko
MiniWarGaming Zealot

maps

Post by jiko » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 pm

maps always help add character Image
Read the forum before you comment on the forum.

Understand the forum before you comment on the forum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: maps

Post by saltinerunner45 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 am

wow that is one huge map... I LOVE IT! lol
as for earth, i figure that because dark potential will be in the future, all of the tectonic plates will begin to shift, and i guess that the earth is eventually going to look like this.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 66&bih=643
i know it dosent have any real bearing on gameplay mechanics or anything, but maybe it could determine where things will take place, and which of todays superpowers will border others (ex: it looks like Egypt will border England)
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only static grass." -Smurfyk
2000pts Tyranid

jiko
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jiko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:32 am

What kind of timeline until the plates move that far it looks like millions of years.
Correct me if I'm wrong but in a couple of thousand years. The plates would have moved at about on average
1 to 12 inches a year depending on the plate your talking about. Would not be that signifigant of a shift.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:33 pm

jiko wrote:What kind of timeline until the plates move that far it looks like millions of years.
Correct me if I'm wrong but in a couple of thousand years. The plates would have moved at about on average
1 to 12 inches a year depending on the plate your talking about. Would not be that signifigant of a shift.
What Will the World Look Like in 250 Million Years?
:roll:

Although some stuff may look different in a thousand years...Global warming will change coastlines (unless tech has solved that) and even before the 100 years war, it's been predicted for a long time that there will be
an earthquake that will flatten some cities in California due to them being near that fault. Scientists have also predicted some super volcano erupting at some point, possibly the one in Yellowstone, which, would be
like those Icelandic volcano eruptions a few months back that stopped European air travel, only on a far, far larger scale...If nothing else, the events might make interesting pieces to throw in as bits of mysticism
in the different populations, like a group of corporation members find archives of one such super eruption and starts believing faction X is the source of it or a group of bandits live in one of the calderas and worship it.

Oh, and global warming because even if dark potential is clean and stuff, they still had a further 100-200 years of dirting the atmosphere from where we are now and with earth's population expanding/places getting
further industrialized, global warming could only exponentiate in severityin those 100-200 years
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm

maybe the reclaimers are looking at a city around yellowstone like we did pompeii. they are looking at the technology we have now and trying to reverse engineer our technology?
also, i must admit that i was far off on my maps timeline, my bad. doing the math the plates would have no more than a 5km shift from today at 2000 years in the future
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
2000pts Tyranid

jiko
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jiko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:27 pm

5 km shift could also block some of the currents in the ocean making it warmer
or colder for the sake of the game we could say. Much warmer to suport alll of
The greenery that matt is talking about. Erope could be much colder while. North america gets hoter and weter to
Support all of the. Life in the game

jiko
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jiko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Also I think if yellow stone goes up there will be no pomeii by yellowstone new york might look like pompeii
but anything close to yellow stone will be destroyed Utterly although it is tempting to get
Rid of most of the USA.

One giant ash dessert

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 am

damn that is one HUGE volcano lol, but that ash desert will need to be inhabited by some hardy animals in the future lol. maybe the bandits would take some kind of animals from there to use in a similar way that arabs use camels?
also (if i remember correctly) matt wanted the area to be centered around Canada. if this volcano did erupt in a way such as this, and if the currents changed the climate, it may allow Canada to be surrounded by a desert wasteland to the south and perhaps even colder climates to the north. perhaps if the bitterroot mountain range somehow protected the redwoods from the eruption (unlikely because the rotatinon of the earth will cause them to loose the sunlight because of the smog created and die out anyways) with the warmer climates they would expand into western Canada and Alaska, giving another climate for (huge) creatures to evolve in.
2000pts Tyranid

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 am

i tried to get the forest to follow the left hand side of the mountains.
sorry for the awful job, but i did it in paint....
2000pts Tyranid

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 am

2000pts Tyranid

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 am

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad20 ... merica.png
here you go, i cant get the picture up, sorry guys
2000pts Tyranid

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 am

I wasn't suggesting anything quite so extreme as ash wastelands, just saying somethings that hadn't/might not have been considered.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

jiko
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jiko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 am

I was thinking that mabe the mediteranian was cut of and the atlantic was widening and that the atlantic current moved from warming europe and the mediteranian
To warming eastern canada coupled with this warm wet weather from the east and the warm wet climate from the west
The whole of canada turns into huge carboniferous forests jungles and swamps with a little help
From alien flora and fauna .
As for the ash dessert instead of one big blot
I was thinking more of a long cone shape heading from west to east and south
In the less ash covered areas like canada this could act like fertilizer further enhancing
The total coverage and rot of canadas citys in the absence of humans of course this would have to happen
In the near to or before the discovery of other planets future (maybe 500 years ) to give humans time to recover and let canada become the global power of
North america building huge citys and with the influx of people from the states that were quick enough
To evacuate the US leaveing much tech for the later reclimators to sift the ash dessert for lost tech
Also if it happened right before or right after the first discovery also we need names for these new worlds
And colonys then it would be incentive to migrate from earth and create the necisary motivation
To leave the over crowded an in hospitable earth.
The mass exodus.
Giving company's billions of passengers to grow ritch off of not to mention
They are already quite rich and it might just be the thing to give these company's
The power to overtake countrys as the leading powers buying up most of the land mass of the planets
And fighting amongst themselfs for more control.
Up until the point that the x'lanthos arrive when most of the companys get destroyed
Refuseing to unite. The human race puts up a huge fight thus the 100 years war.
Their attempts to colonise the planets thwarted and mostly deafeated x'lanthos
Snaches vitory from the humans by wiping them out with a bio mechanical nano virus
That then dies out . Unable to return home the x'lanthos fleets land on the planets
Only to suffer the same fates as their human enemys infighting starts amongst. The x'lanthos
Over their predicament causeing more loss to their tech and populations.
The small fleets left in orbit around the planets launch a huge salvaging operation.
Unable to maintain the massive effort the haussman gene is given massive ai mainframe
Upgrade to work autonimously. the x'lanthos seing another oportunity. capture these
Salvaging units and weaponise them. In an attempt to destroy the remaining humans
And destroy their now x'lanthos enemys too (due to the infighting) this also backfired
As the salvagers being now free to harm and provided with a very inteligent mainframe
Attempt to clean up not only the salvage but destroy the inhabitants of the planets.
Shatered and broken the survivors try to pick up the peices fueled by the hatred from
One Hundred years of fighting each faction bent on the destruction of the rest