What I picture Earth looking like after the war

Post images that you think represent Dark Potential here (i.e. not Concept art).
the-unfallen
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: What I picture Earth looking like after the war

Post by the-unfallen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:21 am

soooo kind of "I am legend" sort of background scenery?

with grass and vines covering skyscrapers and looks like the amazon shifted 2 the cities?

rachaelneco
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by rachaelneco » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:22 am

So I really enjoy this type of setting and have picked up picks as I go along in life, here is what i got for ideas of how earth might look

I think the most important thing to remember is that even with humans out of the way there will sill be things like earth quakes and large storms to destroy buildings as well as winter to brake the rocks of any large building that is not cared for. So in the summer time it might look like a war did happen due to the elements just doing what they do to ever thing

DavicusPrime
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 am

If the timeline is supposed to be several centuries after everything went to heck, then most metal structures and anything made of wood are going to be gone all together. Concrete will have weathered down and crumbled. The only things that would have remained somewhat intact would be natural stone structures. And everything will have been grown over. No pavement would have survived without having been overgrown and crumbled by roots. For the most part, modern structures would be completely replaced by wilderness.

And as mentioned above, you also have to contend with floods, earth quakes, wildfires, and the like, which would just accelerate the deterioration.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

ANTIGRAV
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by ANTIGRAV » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Enslaved: journey to the west has tons of great stuff. (pic heavy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOP6KQ_ugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8puPKA7IiWI&NR=1
lots of environments and also some possible salvager ideas in there.

Hugs-for-the-Hug-God
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Hugs-for-the-Hug-God » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:04 pm

what year is this set in?
Hugs for the hug god greets you!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him on your
(")_(") homepage and help him on his
way to WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Yeah, im 12 beat THAT :P

Korsarro-Khan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:19 pm

i think all these pictures look excellent, some brilliant opportunites for terrain making, however im not too keen on the floating rock/islands

to be honest, i havent really read that much of the Dark Potential stuff, but i am starting to get really into it

BigMekScraptech
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by BigMekScraptech » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:39 pm

What year? Have you even been paying attention? 4100 :roll:
Down with Greedy Workshop! Up with the newcomers!Down with Greedy Workshop! Up with the newcomers! Down with Greedy Workshop! Up with the Newcomers!

Meade
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Meade » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

I'd like to hear some direction on what kind of architecture/structures humanity built before the war. There are some cool possibilities:

A. Large, floating ruins that were originally resorts or homes for the wealthy, the idea is that DP tech was used to manipulate the matter so that it would float, and create high-value real estate kind of like a high rise penthouse, by making large floating 'bases'. After the E-day, they are adrift, vast floating ruins populated by various factions that have developed airpower, and flying animals of course. But more protected (and sought after) than a ground location. I guess depending on their tech they might use airships to float around, I'm guessing airships because it would be too expensive to have larger ships that float using dark potential tech? In any case, with the whole coolness of Dark-potential's messing with gravity, that ought to be exploited. Also it is a little more original than the floating Pandora islands, while retaining the coolness. Not to mention the coolness of an airship participating in a battle, carrying a guy that's sniping out of it :)

B. Large, subterranean cavern-spaces. There are many science fictions that explore the possibility of humanity expanding under the ground in the future, and if we have unlimited energy and the ability to manipulate gravity, it would make it far easier to excavate vast spaces under the earth for cities, also the light them and power them, making it a lot cheaper to expand real estate under the earth, combined with the neccessity of having tougher eco-preservation laws and crowding on the surface. So in the future we expand under the ground significantly. After E-day, these spaces are utterly dark and no longer capable of producing food, however it may be that alien species that are adapted to these spaces can flourish here and provide a food source for humans (along with the occasional surface raid). There may be some functioning light sources and machinery as well, hidden away from the surface dwellers. Also, perhaps a few would have caved in from neglect, producing huge sinkholes that reveal decaying cities underneath, and also a portal into them. The humans that live there would probably make good raiders, kind of like evil Molemen! They could have their own culture and everything.

C. Floating derelict sea cities (or even small countries). This should be explored as well, the ocean makes up for most of the surface on earth and in the future we are very likely to expand into it. If not mutants, they could be populated by aliens, animals or robots that are more or less aquatic and air-breathing at the same time, not to mention your pirate-scavenger characters, a bit like waterworld.

D. I see from the concept art that there exist colossal large tower-shaped cities or structures, also some should be shaped like pyramids. A bit like the decaying skyscrapers, these structures would be a bit like a vertical jungle, as well as decaying dangerously, a bit hazardous for humans to live in.

alton
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by alton » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 am

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :P :lol: