Sloths Concept Art

Submit your fan-made concept art/stories/etc. here!
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas / artwork without compensation.
Slothofslothen
Now we're getting somewhere...

Sloths Concept Art

Post by Slothofslothen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Well I decided I might as well pitch in some concept art, I'm just gonna concept some units and vehicles, maybe weapons but I don't think weapons are my slice.

I'll be updating, sorry if I don't have much to start with, I wanted to make this on look clean.

So without further delay, I give you the FAT-002. FAT stands for Fast Attack Truck

This vehicle, although not completely sharing the characteristics of a truck, is the same size. It is a fast attack vehicle featuring a large cannon on the top which has a angle adjuster that can move at up to a 45 degree angle. The cannon is belt fed from a ammo container latched on the rear end of the vehicle. The vehicle has one side cannon on the right side of it, the side cannon cannot adjust itself in a direction though. Both weapons are ballistics and do not feature explosive ammo capacity without a weapons modification or variant.

The main weakness of the FAT-002 is the fact that since it's ammo crates for the cannon are shielded on the rear part of the vehicle to reduce possibility of any explosive hits, it's two large fuel containers are latched on the sides, exposed to enemy fire, making this vehicle, despite it's heavy armor, easy to dispatch if caught under heavy enemy fire or a accurate shot.

Suggested stats:

Low armor, long travel, +1 or +2 to explosion or wreck when shot at?, cannon uses a flamer plate (?) due to it being basically a immense shotgun in essence? Cannon can only shoot once every two turns due to reload but packs a higher punch

Here are the variants I've come up with, by variants I mean colors anyways.

Wasteland Scorpion Texture.

Jungle Cobra Texture

Night Shadow Texture

I haven't thought up any specific faction for them. They might possibly be universal maybe? They don't seem to expensive or advanced.

I might work on more, I'd really like some requests or ideas on what else to concept, I know I'm not all that great, but I still want to contribute however I can.
The turtle beat the rabbit with patience, but the sloth beat the turtle with awesome

Slothofslothen

Re: Sloths Concept Art

Post by Slothofslothen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Bump/ Update for 4/16/2012

Alright, I got some concepts done, I don't know what faction would fit into this but I would imagine it would be the Bandits.

The idea of it was a low-tech heavy unit, I had the bandits specifically in mind here but I'm sure with a few color swaps this could fit as a weaker unit in another faction.

The turtle beat the rabbit with patience, but the sloth beat the turtle with awesome

Slothofslothen

Re: Sloths Concept Art

Post by Slothofslothen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 pm

4/18/2012 Bump

I got more work done, here's a few more

Critiques anyone?