Some Scavenger Drawings

Submit your fan-made concept art/stories/etc. here!
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas / artwork without compensation.
robther0b0t
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Some Scavenger Drawings

Post by robther0b0t » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:41 am

Had a few hours and thought it would be fun to doodle some robots.Nothing too completed, more just putting ideas on paper. More worried about designs than silhouettes or anything. Tried to vary the designs as much as I could. Hope someone out there likes them.

Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Some Scavenger Drawings

Post by Kris Knives » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:40 am

Hmmm I like these but I like the ones that look less human a lot more. J, I, G, B E are the best in my opinion. I'm not sure if Matt really wanted them to look animal like, (The drawing Matt showed seem to be more boxy and strongly geometric.) however I personally like the bug sort of look to their designs we see here. When I imagine the Scavengers I always imagine something like the Big Dog Robot from Boston Dynamics or a Hex Pod and these designs remind me of both but with an original dynamic flair!

robther0b0t
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by robther0b0t » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks for the dynamic flair comment.

I wasn't a big fan of the reference Matt showed in his vid, and was never really planning on posting these so I went n a bt different direction. But then I figured that someone might like them so I posted them anyways lol

Brush4Hire
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Brush4Hire » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Where were the official concept drawings for the bots?
Brush 4 Hire Commission Painting Service
http://www.brush4hire.com
brush4hire.minis@gmail.com

Kris Knives

Post by Kris Knives » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

tupenzero wrote:Where were the official concept drawings for the bots?
No, just some examples Matt shared to give a general idea of what he was thinking. No official concept art of any sort has been released as far as I know,.

LLeRRoux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by LLeRRoux » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:20 pm

If you ask me, A B F and G look pretty cool. I love a bug-like build for scavengers.

robther0b0t
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by robther0b0t » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks for all the comments :)

Brush4Hire
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Brush4Hire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 am

Kris Knives wrote:
No, just some examples Matt shared to give a general idea of what he was thinking. No official concept art of any sort has been released as far as I know,.
Oh ok. Then where are these examples if you please?
Brush 4 Hire Commission Painting Service
http://www.brush4hire.com
brush4hire.minis@gmail.com

IPlayThisGame
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:59 pm

I like them all except B and H because they look too humanoid; and I like F and G but have reservations about them. Their bodies are fine I just think legs look too spindly. Other than that, they're amoung my favorite concepts I've seen here yet.

Fingon888
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Fingon888 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:53 pm

tupenzero wrote:
Kris Knives wrote:
Oh ok. Then where are these examples if you please?
I think they were in a video.
"Here they talked of revolution. Here it was they lit the flame. Here they sang about 'tomorrow' And tomorrow never came." Les Miserables

Raymeous
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Raymeous » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 pm

After hearing some of the fulff ideas for this group I agree that "humanoid" doesn't really fit.

The first thing that came to mind is that these guys are, or were, merely equipment. Heavy machinery. Look at a construction site and think about all those cranes and lifts etc.. Catapiller yellow definitely springs to mind here.

Things like tank tracks and dozer blades work, but maybe so do C-3PO's. Even in an automated build site a human forman is going to desire some sort of "comfortable" way to communicate with the plant, so maybe a humaniod "manager" type of droid does make sense. :? Threepio does work for an HQ type of character, while his "troops" would be some sort of more interesting "lifterdroid". I'm not saying literal cranes and such, or Transformer Constructicons, but I think these guys definitely need to maintain a boxy style to adhere to their original functions. They would not have been designed to be pretty, merely funtional. Wall-E

I like your drawings a lot. :D

anderluk
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by anderluk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:52 am

(I) looks alot like how I picture X66572-4 from my short story