Reclaimers

Submit your fan-made concept art/stories/etc. here!
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas / artwork without compensation.
Chapter23647
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Reclaimers

Post by Chapter23647 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 am

Wow reclaimers look awesome, keep up the great work you guys!
The man who has nothing can still have faith. -Imperial Code of Decree.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean6/ ... rHwKG3.png

joeman45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by joeman45 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:14 am

I just don't like the helmet, but the rest is awesome. I always thought the Reclaimers had more like Masterchief style helmets.
Money can't buy happiness...but it can buy Warhammer, which is the same thing.

Skragskull's Silva Slayas - Orks, ~1500 pts.

Soli
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Soli » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:32 am

So far, I have seen many good and interesting ideas for the Reclaimers exo-suit, but they all have a tendency for them to lead towards a military-supersoldier-combat suit and not a life support system. Now some good things to have would be:

Reinforced Spine: Since this is a very critical part of the body and is prone to being stressed over time from exposure to regular gravity, it is very important that the suit keep the spine from damage from the increased gravity and from the more rigorous work of combat and salvaging.

Oxygen supply: Since the Reclaimers are not immune to the virus, they must have complete protection from either being infected or bringing it back to the ships, so no open parts of the suit. There must either be a recycler for air, or some for of filtering unit to keep the human inside alive.

Shock Absorbers: If a regular person were to trip heavily over a brick, we would get bruise, or at worst get a concussion, but the Reclaimers have very weak bodies and thinner bones, so they must have some form of shock absorbing surface or substance in or on the suit to keep the human from being injured from impacts.

Bionic Muscles: Even though the Reclaimers work out and prepare their bodies before they go on a mission, they will never have the strength of a human that has dwelled on earth. Because of this, the suit must incorporate some form of artificial muscle to let the human work for extended periods of time. This should not make the Reclaimers stronger that an average human, but should put him up to par with them.

Any further improvements to the suit would be great, such as thing to allow potents to use their abilities, jump packs, and built on weapons.

Well that's all I wanted to say, and I must admit that the suit already shown is very good.
Organics fear us. We wish to understand, not incite.

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 am

soli, i feel that all of that can be incorporated into the suits fluff, and dosent need to be shown on the model itself. i mean if any of these are on the outside of the suit then im sure they are more likely to break or malfunction.
the reinforced spine could be on the back like you said.
the oxygen supply could just be a filter on the suit, you wouldnt even notice it on the model.
shock absorbers could be something as simple as a layer of water in the suit, to creating the suit out of a kinetic absorbent material
and the bionic muscles i picture as a hydrolic system, something that should be within the suit itself so that nothing jams them.
but again, thats just my opinion, i like the sleek look the picture shows.
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only static grass." -Smurfyk
2000pts Tyranid

fred2437
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by fred2437 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:20 pm

The reclaimers suit would also need an high tech and expansive HUD. They wold also need to be a bit bulkier because they look like they are almost skinnier than the corporation soldier.
Cadian 5th 1500 points
Going through hell? Keep going.
If at first you don't succeed, shut up, succeed.
My D-Day terrain board: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... =7&t=66185

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:33 am

fred2437 wrote:They wold also need to be a bit bulkier because they look like they are almost skinnier than the corporation soldier.
but... they are lol. actually i should fix that statement. "i think they are" lol. they are weak from the lower gravity so would have frail bodies and look stretched out.... IMO at least lol
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only static grass." -Smurfyk
2000pts Tyranid

EternitiesEnd
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by EternitiesEnd » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey guys, so I found this little number on the Dead Space wiki while researching a Halloween costume, the suit itself might suggest a non military Reclaimer, but the helmet in particular really caught my eye. sort of a cool original SciFi look, anyways here it is.

More images here
http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Standard_Astronaut_RIG

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 am

I like the idea of the suit (and agree that a lot of that stuff you wouldn't really see in a well designed and safe suit) though I think it should be a little bulkier. Then again, thats probably just me playing waayyy too much Halo........
it seems there is a lot of controversy over the helmet. I agree. It has to look cool and still work for a miniature......I personally like the less human like helmets, but maybe a cross between the two. I can't help with the mouoth portion as I hate mouth pieces, but the eyes could be a slimmer version of a Vizor like Halo (again, too much Halo >< )
everything else I like.
ok. I couldn't hit submit without saying something about it. It was said somewhere here that the drawing is 7ft-ish right? If it's taller because they're on the moon which has a lower gravity than Earth, then he should be a lot taller.....meh. theoretically. science doesn't have a lot of actual planets to base it off of......ok now I'm happy.
-BB
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Blademeister
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Blademeister » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 am

Rlyehan wrote:
Those look awesome imo.
Check out my WIP thread!

Space Marines - 7000 points
Sanguinary Guard - 1750 points
Necrons - 1500 points
Imperial Guard - 2000 points
Bretonnia - 4000 points
High Elves - 3500 points

niclebel
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by niclebel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Dude, I have to say, your concept art is AWESOME. I love the slickness of it, almost pristine. I have some ideas to address the people's concerns.
Soli wrote:Reinforced Spine: Since this is a very critical part of the body and is prone to being stressed over time from exposure to regular gravity, it is very important that the suit keep the spine from damage from the increased gravity and from the more rigorous work of combat and salvaging.

Oxygen supply: Since the Reclaimers are not immune to the virus, they must have complete protection from either being infected or bringing it back to the ships, so no open parts of the suit. There must either be a recycler for air, or some for of filtering unit to keep the human inside alive.

Shock Absorbers: If a regular person were to trip heavily over a brick, we would get bruise, or at worst get a concussion, but the Reclaimers have very weak bodies and thinner bones, so they must have some form of shock absorbing surface or substance in or on the suit to keep the human from being injured from impacts.

Bionic Muscles: Even though the Reclaimers work out and prepare their bodies before they go on a mission, they will never have the strength of a human that has dwelled on earth. Because of this, the suit must incorporate some form of artificial muscle to let the human work for extended periods of time. This should not make the Reclaimers stronger that an average human, but should put him up to par with them.
Reinforced spine: I'm thinking something that looks like or is inspired by a necron spine. I think they look really cool and could be incorporated well into your suit without being a knock-off. Combine that with some broader shoulders and you have a seriously menacing looking sexy badass from space.

Oxygen supply: Diferent gas masks between units. Some could be tubes and others could be facial filters. I think tubes are fricking scary, but alot of people don't like them. Also, the "empty eyes" look of a gas mask would fit well with the sleek / suave / polished look of your dudes.

Shock Absorbers: I think some pistons, springs or sliding sheets of metal on the legs would do the trick, or maybe something like the long fall boots from Portal. I wanna say wider legs could be cool, but they'd look like space marines, which would ruin them I think. Tall and thin seems to suit them.

Bionic muscles: What if they didn't something like that, but rather everything would be handled by the suit. they step in and are "linked" to the suit. The suit is powerful advanced machinery and/or microtech that allows them to brave Earth and accomplish what they must.

ashan46
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ashan46 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 pm

a pretty cool idea of wat the Corporation and reclaimers are like. They gave me some ideas on some designs for the faction i'm trying to propose to the developers, the Highlanders.
Check out some of my descriptions for it.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 16&t=79335

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I was just browsing through the forum and I think a good idea for the type of ammunition used by these guys would be an energy pulse. The mechanics of the weapon draw in molecules and turn them into a propultional round of energy. This would burn through most armor and different types of molecules and environments would affect the results of a round.
Eldar
Win:7
Draw:1
Loss:1
"Pain is temporary... Honor is forever"

Gobbo
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Gobbo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 am

I have to agree that the helmets look wrong. The dead space style is better.

Nightfang
Silver Vault Member

Post by Nightfang » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:29 am

man this gives me some ideas for vehicles, very nicely done drawings, I wish I knew if they were adding vehicles to the game however