Animals

Submit your fan-made concept art/stories/etc. here!
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas / artwork without compensation.
Rlyehan
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Animals

Post by Rlyehan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 pm

I have more animal stuff to put up and sketch, it and other faction concepts will go up next week. I just have to finish some "real" work, believe me though I would rather be working on this if I didn't have these pesky bills, or a stomach.

C_Moons
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by C_Moons » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Quick render
"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave. - Brancusi"

C_Moons
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by C_Moons » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:16 pm

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave. - Brancusi"

Roy-Batty
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Roy-Batty » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:30 pm

This looks great. I especially liked the chart of different types. Now that you rendered them a bit further, I would like to tell you what comes to mind for them:

- Big Guy and Fast: Love them. As a basic model they are outstanding. They match the type they represent perfectly and have enough face character to hide intelligence.

- Avarage and Brains: Not so much. The model is fine, but seems too familiar. Like I have seen these many times before. A bit boring. A question that comes to mind is, why would any of them be "average". Animals are usually highly specialized so average seems a bit too un-animal like. Same goes a bit for the spitting attack. Fine as a basic idea, but seen it before.

Please note that I have nowhere near your graphic talent and I admire your work. This is exactly the reason I want to share my opinion, because if these become any better, this would be a faction I would consider playing. :)
Did you ever hear of the Eris Scrolls?

You can get to know them here:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 16&t=63414

And that's just the beginning.

Don't forget to bring your opinion!

Caramel Khan
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Caramel Khan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:08 pm

The brain face reminds me of a baboon :D
White Scars-2000ish points and handle bar mustaches FTW

White Scars: Your Primarch got lost in the webway ? LOSER! You still think he might be alive after 10,000 years? LOOOOOSER!

I hate it and think its hilarious at the same time!

BigMekScraptech
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by BigMekScraptech » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:56 pm

I like these. They fit well with the one that was first posted (do to having no fur and smooth skin), look like they could have evolved from soothing, and are somewhat original. Good job!
Down with Greedy Workshop! Up with the newcomers!Down with Greedy Workshop! Up with the newcomers! Down with Greedy Workshop! Up with the Newcomers!

Sabet
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Sabet » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 am

Im loving the wolf design - however it doesn't fit "leader" to me. To me i feel it represents a basic trooper. A pack of them charging would be brilliant! Though I feel they need to be beefed up a bit for regular troops.
The Beasts are rising...

Cyrmuvoodoo deserves a reward for the massive contribution to this game