Should we make the Reclaimer Starter Set? - Updated

Discuss MiniWarGaming's Post Apocalyptic Wargame here. NOTE: This game is a work in progress.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.

If we hit $80,000, what should we do?

Poll ended at Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 am

Make the Reclaimer Starter Set
35%
Make the Salvager Starter Set
52%
Expand the existing X'Lanthos and Corporation lines
13%

Total votes: 301

instinctual
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Should we make the Reclaimer Starter Set?

Post by instinctual » Tue May 01, 2012 11:09 am

I'd tend to agree with the reasons posited above for doing the third starter set. I think it would be a stronger opening for the game, and having three factions to battle with instead of two will draw more people into the initial game offering. I don't know if we have time for $80k, but lets shoot for the moon, no one thought we'd get to $70k after all :)

ltmechanicus
Gold Vault Member

Post by ltmechanicus » Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 am

I'm lining up a last day donation myself. Matt has earned it.

Morcac
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Morcac » Tue May 01, 2012 11:14 am

I agree with Kiryurules. To add to that I would say that another faction would get the people holding out for that specific one to buy in, meaning that there would be more cash to expand upon all of the factions and make new ones faster. People probably won't hold out for just another squad of models that would be bought separately anyways. I will play X'lanthos, but I think another starter set would help the game as a whole progress faster... There are my two cents.
"Wounds for the Dice God!"

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue May 01, 2012 11:23 am

The poll has been reset as I added a new option. Please vote again.

ShalinorOz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ShalinorOz » Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 am

Woot - first vote (on new poll) :D

I think the extra starter option allows more potential people starting up and I personally like the salvagers more than the reclaimers.

grenndal
Silver Vault Member

Re: Should we make the Reclaimer Starter Set? - Updated

Post by grenndal » Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 am

to be honest the salvagers concept was what really interested me in this game from the start. I love robots :) (of course I play necrons) I think if you get the salvagers started it will create a better variety for the player base to choose from.

from what I understand you have the Xenos with high tech and a human with low tech already. the Reclaimers are just humans with high tech. sort of a combo of the 2 already made factions. I know it is not that simple.

Then again you got my money already :) I donated the first day you were up. I will be happy with my Xenos and then be ready to by the salvagers when they come out :)
Grenndal
my blog:Xeno For the Win

Tyranidmaster27
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Tyranidmaster27 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Expand on x'lanthos and corporation

I think it will be cool to personalize your army/force more.

khsrio621
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by khsrio621 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm

I feel it would be best to have am even spread of affiliations. Human, Anti-Human, and Neutral would provide a better range of options than Human, Human, Anti-human.
In other words, consider voting Salvager.
Last edited by khsrio621 on Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wanklesmissfits
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by wanklesmissfits » Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 pm

yes, make the reclaimer starter set
wanklesmissfits

Phaedros
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Phaedros » Tue May 01, 2012 12:32 pm

I require more Humans targets, make the Reclaimer starter. =)
Warning! I have posted on your thread!
I'm not a Troll, I'm just lacking in the tact department, also, I tend to wield the English language like a really big sledgehammer. No offense is usually intended.

parker781
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by parker781 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:15 pm

I'd like to start out just saying that you'll probably get 80K. The incentive that this topic and decision is enough to drive more people to contribute. Also I for one still havn't contributed but definitely will, I am a big fan but have chose just to wait until the end, who knows why.

I think that expanding on the armies you plan to make would be good. I also think that making another faction would be good. I think in the long run another faction is a better choice. My first point is that a good looking starter set is cool enough to reel in a player rather than total selection of models. If you have another starter set you would also have a 3rd chance to reel in a player who might not bite the other two armies. That means if you do sell in commercial game stores you'll be more likely to get new players. In the future of the game you also have to look at two options, coming out with the new armies and expanding. If you were to come out with two more expanded armies now, what will you do in the future? It would probably be a while until the next army.

So having more models in the two factions would be cool, better selection or larger games. But I think overall there is way more benefit to have a third army. More army selection, bringing in more players, more competition, more balance, and not forgetting that this third army could be hella fun to play with, rather than another troop choice or two that has 1 better stat number or whatever.

Now I have to convince you to pick the salvagers.

I'll be honest the reclaimers are cool but they aren't original or unique yet. They look like SEALs in diving suits, or haloish players, splinter cell, havoc suit? It needs some work, but it is the right direction.

The salvagers however look pretty awesome. I also think that lore would be awesome for them, and art work. They can also be the 'nids of DP and I think people would love them. Have more throw away models and be as swarish as they can be for a skirmish game. Can't ignore that the more cool and swarmish the army is the more money it'll bring in.

So I vote Salvagers.

Arkadiusz Klinicki
Silver Vault Member

Post by Arkadiusz Klinicki » Tue May 01, 2012 1:37 pm

I agree with above.
I vote for Salvagers.

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Tue May 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I would love a Reclaimers starter set (I voted for them instead of making a Corp starter set) but I think it makes more sense for now to just expand the Corporation and X'lanthos ranges so you can field a full army
Curahee!

LepperGod
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by LepperGod » Tue May 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Reclaimers are boss

Foid
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Foid » Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm

The reclaimers were the set i was most hoping for!!!!