Reclaimers or Corporation?

Discuss MiniWarGaming's Post Apocalyptic Wargame here. NOTE: This game is a work in progress.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
miniwargaming
Site Admin

Reclaimers or Corporation?

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 am

This Poll Is Over - Thanks For Your Votes

Relcaimers: 43% (139 votes)
Corporation: 56% (183 votes)

The two starter sets will be X'Lanthos and Corporation

---------------------------------------

For the first two starter sets I said we would be doing the X'Lanthos and the Reclaimers.

However, I got a lot of people saying they would rather have the Corporation done before the Reclaimers.

So, now is your chance to vote! Use the poll above to tell me what you prefer. I know some of you would prefer another faction altogether, but that is not an option at this point.

ltmechanicus
Gold Vault Member

Re: Reclaimers or Corporation?

Post by ltmechanicus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:53 am

I'm voting corporation at this time based purely on the concept art that has come out up to this time. It seems like reclaimers need more time in the cooker. I know that what we see doesn't necessarily reflect the progress on each of the races behind the scenes but its all the information I have to go on.

Also, I don't think both of the starter races should be "elite" factions (high power low model count). I don't know if X'lanthos are actually such an army, but it is the perception I have gleaned from the forums. The corporation seems like it would add more variety at day 1.

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:54 am

I think corporation, cause they seem more "human" than the reclaimers. people can relate more to them then people in robot suits :P
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

BKBroiler
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by BKBroiler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:07 am

My vote is for Corporation.

If the 14 pages of suggested Corporation names, logos and back stories are any indication, I would say you've already generated a lot of interest in the Corporation. Regardless of what direction you take the Corporation, I think people (myself included) are going to want to see them as a "finished product" per se, as soon as they can.

cymruvoodoo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by cymruvoodoo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 am

I would prefer that the Reclaimers be the second box faction and I think it is not impossible for them to get to the point where they will be ready to go. That being said, I must agree with what I've seen so far - the Corporation seems to be at a much better point for going into production tout suite.

As far as which I would prefer if all else were equal, well, here's my breakdown of the pros and cons:

Reclaimers - Pro: As the most high-tech human faction and the main combatants against the X'lanthos, they are a narrative natural pair with the alien invaders. They have the most reason and opportunity to fight. Their "foreign" perspective on the Earth is going to create a lot of opportunities to show off the setting right from the word "go."

Reclaimers - Cons: As a scientific, high tech faction, their in-game unit numbers are likely to be lower simply because high tech tends to equal lower model counts for balance purposes in points. From an aesthetic perspective, bringing in the Reclaimers later on allows you to appeal to a wider range of buyers as there will be one "fancy" faction with lots of technological gubbins, plastics, and metal and then one "regular" faction which can have more in the way of cloth and similar materials. Otherwise, it'll be human space suits versus alien body armour and all a bit the same.

Corporation - Pros: Earth based human perspective, more access to the daily life on Earth for narrative, fluff, etc purposes, and style is going to be distinctly human and accessible. Less risk of diminishing returns from "awesome" out-there designs. More reason to have terrestrial conflict also.

Corporation - Cons: The corporation might be better suited to bring out with the Animals or Bandits when they get ready to move as a sort of natural pair.

In the end, my vote goes to Reclaimers but I won't be sad if Corporation wins.

KaelisRa

Post by KaelisRa » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 am

hell yea reclaimers for sure
just look at their fluff they're awesome...

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:58 am

KaelisRa wrote:hell yea reclaimers for sure
just look at their fluff they're awesome...
super tall people that need exo-suits and drug to even stand up straight.... yup super awesome :P
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

Kuraba
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Kuraba » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Just tied it up...
:)

I do like the Corporation though.
May your beard grow ever longer, and your enemies tremble at the sound of your guns.
Kuraba

My Armies:
Warhammer 40,000:
Dark Angels - Deathwing, Ravenwing, and 4th Battle Company.
Warhammer Fantasy:
Dwarfs - Karak Eight Peaks
Warmachine: Menoth

Ironclad-Warrior
Silver Vault Member

Post by Ironclad-Warrior » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 pm

lol draw again
Nonsense!

Chaos 7300+
Grey Knights [starting]

trooogdooor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by trooogdooor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm voting purely on the basis of some of the forum fanfiction, which has me really interested in the reclaimers. ^_^ But I'd be ok with either, it's a close fight.

Slinkie

Post by Slinkie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Its going to be close. Already some rivalry between the 2 factions.

Preator_Artanis

Post by Preator_Artanis » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Even tho i love the Reclaimers i voted Corporation due to thinking they are more ready than the Corporation. :wink: Won't mind if Reclaimers win tho.

As a side note lol still tied... Matt will not be happy if by the end it's still a tie :D

MrRabbit1
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrRabbit1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Corporation, they seem more 'human' and down to earth, and i see them as the main backbone of the game kind of like imperial guard and the reclaimers are space marines. the reclaimers should be the 2nd set you do.
maybe check out my corporation logo and fluff submission? its on page 14 of the thread :) thanks
Miniwargaming main - MrRabbit
Miniwargaming forum - MrRabbit1

rainesheppard

Post by rainesheppard » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:18 pm

I just want the Corporation, as that's definitely going to be the most fun to paint...and my second faction of choice all around (First being the scavengers...but that's neither here nor there)

aglanfield
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by aglanfield » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Corporation... I dont see a link to actually click to vote.... am I missing something, or is this the way to vote?