Dark Potential Corporation Renaming Contest

Discuss MiniWarGaming's Post Apocalyptic Wargame here. NOTE: This game is a work in progress.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
DavicusPrime
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Dark Potential Corporation Renaming Contest

Post by DavicusPrime » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Name: Scintech UNiversal (SUN)

Symbol: Stylized Sun... Art Later.

Background: A multinational/interplanetary conglomerate with holdings in multiple industries. And prewar, had multiple colonial ventures as well. In some cases the company provided the majority of employment for entire communities. In those cases, SUN became a defacto government in itself.

What allowed the corporation to continue following the Earth's demise was the fact that they had multiple research facilities across the globe as well as orbital and colonial. Some with highly protected environments due to their research into various dangerous chemical and/or biological technologies. Enough survived the viral and conventional attacks that the corporate structure was able to be sustained despite the horrible loss of life and property.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

ltmechanicus
Gold Vault Member

Post by ltmechanicus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:58 pm

I was going to make an entry to this competition but I don't think I can beat the name Psicore. I REALLY REALLY love the symbolism and the relation back to the theme.

I also like SOME of the aspects of that backstory but ultimately didn't really like where it was going.

I dont feel comfortable plagiarizing the name and ideas from the backstory to come up with my own, so I guess I will just be sitting out of this. :oops:

Best of luck to everyone :D

CeresBane
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by CeresBane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:06 pm

1. MWG

2. A simple logo-take a wild guess.

3. -what it stands for no one in the game knows (but we do). The current generations merely side with it because they always have been on this side. It's the life they know, bred for and live for (clone army?). What the corporation did or meant has ceased to hold meaning. It's what they do that matters and the objective of the corporation, conquest and survival.

In this canon MWG were privy to experimentation and manufacturing (get it? coz thats what MWG is actually doing) and rare weapons and gear tend to have been made by the corporation eons ago in the golden age. As a conglomerate though it did have business in other areas, including many patents for the great scientific discoveries of the golden age. Today they hold a standing army (clone army idea was from dr who) and manufacturing much (stress this) of the weapons used in the game. Many of which were either modified, replicated or stolen by other factions.

SobieFett
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by SobieFett » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Ananke Corps

Named after the Greek titan of inevitability. The Corps was a military technologies contractor. This would enable them to do medical research and weapons tech. For the most part it fits due to most military functions being quick fixes until better help can arrive. Their meds aren't cure alls but it will do the job. Their weapons are constantly being tested. And it lays a ground work of backup systems in the event of a large scale disaster.

mitton22
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by mitton22 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Name: The New Dawn Consortium. (the NDC)

@Nyxium
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by @Nyxium » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:27 pm

1. H.C.S| Hyde & Coburn-South

2. Image
Decal| Corp Text | Corp Text detail

The Early years of H.C.S was marked by the ownership of the Hyde family had invested heavily into mining and construction. The dynastic leadership brought a great manner of stability to the company in the years to come.
With the expansion into space Hyde Corporation followed suit with a joint-venture with Coburn-South, a private military company.

The Hyde&Coburn-South venture signified a change for the governments of earth as they along with various other cooperatives began staking claims on far reaching worlds. During the _1 incident the _2 set into motion regulations which severely restricted the claiming of worlds and moons of non-sovereign corporations and organizations. In the interim-years Hyde&Coburn-South to become one of earth's largest weapons manufacturer and private military firm.

_1 name for the reigning in of corporations
_2 pre-war/virus governmental body
I have a signature but you probably haven't seen it before.

elmersnutz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by elmersnutz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:34 pm

The name I gave to the Corporation is GLOBAL TECH. My symbol is just a globe with The Americas showing.

Global Tech used to be a company with its hands in everything from toys to weapons. With many factories around the world Global Tech was a very well known company. Global Tech tactics were to produce an allready used item cheaper than the company that originally produced it. By doing this GlobalTech would wait for the competitors company to fall and they would then buy them out. GlobalTech was also knowen to supply the worlds Armys with hi-tech ballistic weaponry.
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t47 ... altech.jpg

There are many Global techs on the internet.
Last edited by elmersnutz on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Destroyer of Worlds

miniwargaming2
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by miniwargaming2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Name: Mega-com

Logo:Image

Background:

Mega-com was one of the last companies to still be running during the last stages of the war. They originally specialized in computers, but then moved to take over other areas of business, which ultimately succeeded in crushing other big names in business. Their name is derived from the Greek omega and company, Omega meaning the last and best in a set, company meaning company.
2000 Points of 40K Orks
2000 Points of Fantasy Orcs and Goblins
? Points of LOTR Moria Goblins
500 Points of Fantasy Dwarfs
500 Points of 40K Chaos Marines
50 Points of 40K Tyranids

Preator_Artanis
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Preator_Artanis » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Name: Aseira Industries, but when talked about casually Aseira is just fine in my oppinion. :P ( not sure how pronounciation goes in english that well, but when spoken i think it would be Asira, but not sure :) )

Logo: Here is the basic logo: http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... 223905.jpg

And another one for concept art-ish purposes because i was in a drawing mood <3: http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... 224108.jpg
P.S i know im not very good at drawing :-p

Story time!!!: Before the war Aseira Industries was a large construction materials manufacturer that took raw materials such as wood,iron,titanium etc. and made it into usable materials for constrution companies among others. Due to their know-how and possession of such materials they quickly overcame others in forming a community that could survive the harshness of life after the war.

Tyranidmaster27

Post by Tyranidmaster27 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:00 pm

My submission:

The Defence Of Sapian

Logo:

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u51 ... DSLOGO.png

Name reasoning: This is because they are designed to represent and defend man (Homo Sapians)

The Defence Of Sapian (shortened to DS) were the defence of every country before the war. Originally the military, The DS had access to to all kinds of high-tech weaponry, collosal battle tanks, steam-powered robotics and even gigantic monstrous creatures from the other colonies just before the 100 years war. It was also made up by hundreds of infantry men, all extremly strong. As time went on, The DS developed stronger weaponry.

saltinerunner45
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by saltinerunner45 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:06 pm

The name of the corporation is "Ko Korp Ink" (Ko Korp for short) and the logo is suppose to look like an "i" and a "c" combine into a "k".
Prior to the war Ko Korp was just another arms manufacturing company. After first contact with the x'lanthos though, they focused on reverse engineering DP technology. After struggling for many years, Ko Korp reached their goal an became able to mimic the x'lanthos technology, vaulting Ko Korp to the top of the arms manufacturers and expanded their reach to become a well known name.
When the outbreak occurred, the leaders of Ko Korp realized the potential of providing shelter and protection to the masses and let those who survived the virus in to their warehouses. To the common man there seemed little rhyme or reason behind the x'lanthos, war, virus and monstrous animals now inhabiting the planet, so the citizens turned to the founders of Ko Korp for leadership. These founders ruled for years within their protected warehouses and estates, but the population is growing and resources are diminishing. The masses are starting to grow hungry and the weapons are in desperate need of fuel sources. For the first time in a long time Ko Korp is expanding their reach again.
saltine runner thanks you for reading this post, and is sorry for his ramblings.
"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only static grass." -Smurfyk
2000pts Tyranid

BubbleChaser

Post by BubbleChaser » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Equilibrium

Before the war they were the biggest corporation known to man. They had their hands in everything. From research and development in both military and medical aspects, straight up military force that can be hired by the highest bidder, to the best legal team anyone could find. Equilibrium is run by a six member executive board, 5 of which are responsible for one of the five main "firms," the last member being the head honcho, whose main responsibility is to keep the company moving forward and keep the other five members in check. The five "firms" include Research & Development, Medical services, Justice (legal department), Military (to include basic training aspects, recruitment and black ops training), and acquisitions (which are in charge of acquiring other companies, with the help of the Justice firm, and resources to further the goals of the other firms). Equilibrium's soul purpose is to provide a reputable business that strives to have "equilibrium" in all aspects of its business. The executive board has a strict code of conduct that all must follow plus their own individual codes to keep each of their respective "firms" in check. They strive to be the best at what they do, to always move the company forward, and acts severely to anyone who either puts a mark on their reputation or directly fights against their goals.

This is the symbol for chemical equilibrium, thought it was nice and simple symbol to go with the idea above.

ninjaed13

Post by ninjaed13 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Just watched the film brazil so why not "Central Services" I'm thinking they basically were in every field of buissness before the apocalypse. Logo, a simple CS.

Rowaan
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Rowaan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Name: I-Link

Story: The company first started to make a name for itself when it invented something that could psychically connect two or more people, using adavanced bio-engineering and technology gathered from a crashed alien spacecraft (of which the public did not know about). It gained enough money and wealth to become one of the richest and most powerful companies alive.

Until it received bad press from someone who discovered that I-Link had the ability and was using the ability to listen in on the conversations between people, especially dangerous as most armies made it compulsory for their troops to have one installed and connected to everyone else in their squad. As I-Link had already gaines enough power and wealth, it had had previosly it bought its own private army (consisting of over 1,000,000 troops. ten times as much for any force to be oficially considered an army (any lower and its called a defence force).

After the apocalyptic mess that went on its armies still loyal to I-Link they continued to wage war to the enemies of the only surviving founding member rumored to have used more of his technology to keep his brain alive while transferring it to a robotic exoskeleton to make himseld immortal, named Mr price he (really his minions) fights to regain control of Earth from his secret headquaters.

Logo: A black "i" surrounded by two red semi-circles: one on the top and one on the bottom.

ChaosRaptor
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ChaosRaptor » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Name:
The Ωmega Organisation

Logo:

History:
Before the 100 year war, the Ωmega Organization rose to power in the field of biological development. It’s ruthless and immensely successful business plan was to employ as many scientists as possible on as cheap a budget as plausible. This resulted in a vast output of mediocre research that met the basic needs of the global population. As time progressed, the Ωmega Organisation began various other financial ventures, including what became the world’s largest bank. It’s board of directors became extremely influential across the world, with personal contacts in most of the powerful governments. Although not considered ‘evil’, the Ωmega Organization is well known for it’s priority towards profit. During the war, the Ωmega Organization turned it’s vast funds towards weapons development and the retention of law and order across the colonies. It developed a sense of pride and loyalty throughout every branch of it’s business. It simply became the ‘human’ company... One that tried to keep our world together. After the fall of Earth, many who were left retained this pride in unity. They believe that humanity can be reunited and rebuilt with the correct regulation of resources to where they are needed.

Notes:
I think the logos would look better if they were actually raised on the models. That way, we can paint them whatever colors we want,
Last edited by ChaosRaptor on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.