Plot device question/idea

Discuss MiniWarGaming's Post Apocalyptic Wargame here. NOTE: This game is a work in progress.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
panhead49
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Plot device question/idea

Post by panhead49 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey Matthew,
As a plot device why not use the X’lanthos in this manner.

1) The X’lanthos, an ancient race that long ago mastered Dark matter and created dark portal technology.

2) Over many centuries the X’lanthos expanded across the cosmos creating a thousand civilizations over thousands of worlds.

3) Each X’lanthos civilizations was distinct and diverse, some valued thought and study, others strength and stills others aggression and expansion.

4) So it was that an aggressive sect of X’lanthos found humanity.

5) In there haste to cleans yet another world the X’lanthos failed to see how much the human DNA resembled there own and the consequence that followed was that the very weapon used against humanity lead to the destruction of there own. In a single year a thousand X’lanthos civilizations on a thousand worlds vanished.

6) Now the survivors of the X’lanthos race fight to survive and rebuild, each pocket of peoples distinct and diverse from each other but with a common ancestry and technology base to draw from

Using this plot device would-

Allow X’lanthos Vs X’lanthos conflicts
Explain why and advance race would be at the same “level” as the other races/faction in the game.
Allow players to add there own flavor
Give a creation story and keep Dark portal creation as a lost technology

Thanks for reading
<3

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: Plot device question/idea

Post by miniwargaming » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am

I definitely like those ideas.

The X'Lanthos' history is definitely still up in the air. We've come up with different ideas, but even still I'm not 100% sold on any of them.

These ideas that you gave actually add another great idea to the pool, which I will most likely pull from.

Thanks!

panhead49
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by panhead49 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks for the reply.
as you can tell I really enjoyed your Vblog. It inspired me to create a few Ideas/posts and I hope they are usefull to you

trooogdooor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by trooogdooor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:31 am

Me too. For whatever the reason, I like the idea that the X'lanthos have bloody schisms, fracturing them into a number of extremely dissimilar factions - and that this feeds into the exterminatory pursuit of the Changers by the X'lanthos faction in question (the Monoculture Collective).

I imagine that this isn't the first time that X'lanthos MC have been horribly sabotaged by Changers rebelling, like they totally crippled the XEF with their bioformer taint. Changer bioterrorists are incredibly dangerous.