From our playtests I definitely like the changes made to cover. However, the Armour became too high for all units, so they have all been reduced by 1.
I also added a new scenario based on an old one we played before.
You can download the rules here (Version Beta 0.1.3, updated January 18, 2013):
- added a scenario!
- removed reference in Falling to choosing which model gets killed
- removed rule that stops movement after Jumping
- removed reference to cover in AOE weapons
- added rule for cover penalty to AOE weapons
- reworded cover penalties to cover bonuses
- removed Smoke Grenades providing Level 2 Cover
- changed so that Smoke Grenades cause a -1 penalty to Energy Weapons instead of -2
- corrected error in example for stacking anti-gravity mines
- added rule for Flash Grenades that causes a Morale check on units hit that don't have any Command Points
- added clarification that grenades/mines can be placed before Overwatch activates if the unit has performed a Tactical Manoeuver
- added revealing rule for Stealth bases with Flash Grenades
- removed Cover Penalties from detecting Stealth Bases
- added extra rules for squads and Perception tests (i.e. other members can do something else)
- updated Dug-In rule with new cover rules
- removed reference to Cover in the Guided weapon special rule
- reduced all units Armour by 1
- added Infrared Weapon Special Rule
- updated Targeting Scanners to have the Infrared rule
Thanks in advance for your help!