GBXXVII: VOTE

This month's theme: Modulation Triplication. No idea what that means? Then click here to find out!

Who built the best modular build?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:35 am

feddog's Tri-Piece Reactor
61%
DavicusPrime's Three Piece Hill
39%

Total votes: 23

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

GBXXVII: VOTE

Post by Blue » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 am

You know what to do!
Theme: modularity

feddog's Tri-Piece Reactors

DavicusPrimes Three Part Hill

New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Tmb
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Re: GBXXVII: VOTE

Post by Tmb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 pm

I voted for feddogs reactors cause in my opinion, overall it looks better.

Also DavicusPrimes hill... looks like a hill... it doesn't really pop to me, it just looks like a hill. Although I do like how it can be used as one, two, or three hills, I like that feature
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

DavicusPrime
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Tmb wrote:I voted for feddogs reactors cause in my opinion, overall it looks better.

Also DavicusPrimes hill... looks like a hill... it doesn't really pop to me, it just looks like a hill. Although I do like how it can be used as one, two, or three hills, I like that feature
Fair enough. I designed the hill to fit in with the look and feel of the rest of my "Wilderness Terrain" set. So yeah, it's generic, but it was generic by design. For me, the difficulty of this project was it's scale. It's bigger than any of my previous projects due to my desire that there be plenty of usable playing surface on each of the three parts when divided up. And eventually to become the perch for other terrain pieces I design to go on top of it.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:20 pm

While the hills look playable and cool, I have to go with the reactors. At first I didn't like the concept of stacking them all up on each other, but after thinking about it, I think they would look awesome in a hive-city setting just like that, and they'd also work well as independent pieces in most other industrial settings.
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

feddog
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by feddog » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:29 pm

WOOT! :shock:
Necrons - 2000
orks - 2250

Only a true man dies fighting, I for one run away.

jbrown1214
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by jbrown1214 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Feddog: am I mistaken, or did you take some pictures...in your bathroom? Must...resist...toilet ...humor... :D

JRB
New! I have a YouTube channel!

Warriors of Chaos: 4,500-ish points (95% painted)
Chaos Dwarves: 3,000-ish points (85% painted)
Bretonnia: 3,000-ish points (25% painted)
Imperial Fists: 1,500-ish points (40% painted)

Updated 1/7/2014! - WIP here

Clabbage
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Clabbage » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:10 am

Voting for Davicus Prime's hill. I really like how much modularity it has with all of the optional details and being able to be split into 3 pieces. Great job.
I feel like my one ribbon really represents who I am as a person...

Quit changing your avatar/names people! It's so hard to keep track of! ;)

LeGrandStefan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesGroup Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9

Post by LeGrandStefan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:17 am

Davicus Prime. The hills fit together perfectly! That is very tough to make.

DavicusPrime
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 am

LeGrandStefan, Clabbage,

Thank you very much.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Really like the hills, I know how hard it is to make good looking natural terrain, yet I find that man made structures are much harder and, for that, I'll go the other way, but great job you 2 on completing last month's GB.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

DeadLead Jp
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by DeadLead Jp » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I really liked both of these projects I know how hard it can be working on a large piece in only a month, I mean heck I didn't even get to finish mine unfortunately, so I have mad props to give to DavicusPrime. But in the long run I love the texture, the feel, and the attention spent on detail on Feddog's reactors, so in the long run he ended up getting my vote.

Return to “Group Build XXVII (27)”