GBXXVII: Sharkvictim's Jungle Ruins

This month's theme: Modulation Triplication. No idea what that means? Then click here to find out!
sharkvictim
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

GBXXVII: Sharkvictim's Jungle Ruins

Post by sharkvictim » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:46 pm

I want ruins. I want vines. I shall have them.

The plan is for a 'corner' tower that is two stories, three counting the top of the tower. the bottom floor will be open on two sides, with a pillar in the corner between them, and the other two 'outside' walls will be closed. The second floor will be open on all sides with a pillar in each corner supporting the flat roof. the downstairs will have grating inset in the walls to act as windows to shoot from.

the second piece is a longer wall section with stairs at one end. the 'inside' of the wall under the stairs and all the way across will have an inset room that can connect up with the tower bottom floor.

The third piece will be a large stone fountain, possibly with a statue in the center. I haven't quite decided on the statue, but i'm thinking the skink priest with the shield and sickle. there will be six flagstones around the fountain you can turn the centerpiece to point at, to act as a rounds counter. I'm thinking it'll be a blood fountain. I run chaos. Blood fountains are good.

The whole thing will tie together (and fit snugly in place) as a ruin, and the three separate parts will all be usable as well.

But wait! How can you get into the upstairs of the tower without the wall section and stairs?

Welcome to my glorious vines. When the whole thing is connected the vines will be decoration only. When they are used separately the vines will be climbable. I plan on putting wines all over this bad boy, because vines are cool looking. The climbable sections will be denoted by their lack of poisonous flowers which will mark the unclimbable spots.

Time to get to work!
My Painted Mini's and Conversions

Wu-Tang Wargaming Knowledge
"I gotcha back, but you best to watch your front" - GZA

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: GBXXVII: Sharkvictim's Jungle Ruins

Post by xand » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes! I really want to see those hot-glue vines!
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 am

Sounds good dude, eager to see some what you come up with!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

sharkvictim
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by sharkvictim » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 am

Sorry guys. There is no way I'll be able to get this one done. I've barely started as it is and I got bit by the painting bug and have been churning out hqs. I'm definitely going to come back to this terrain piece, but it won't be any time soon. Good luck everybody. I'm still going to see what you guys come up with this month.
My Painted Mini's and Conversions

Wu-Tang Wargaming Knowledge
"I gotcha back, but you best to watch your front" - GZA

Return to “Group Build XXVII (27)”