Group Build XXVII (27)

This month's theme: Modulation Triplication. No idea what that means? Then click here to find out!
Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: Group Build XXVII (27)

Post by Sebell » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:52 am

Man i should never have built that full base for the 2nd build i did....
Raven Guard: 2000 and growing
Painting eyes are the bane of my existence.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

DeadLead Jp
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by DeadLead Jp » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Blue wrote:
lupusj wrote:So is that a yes, or a no to interlock? I'm going to assume that if they slot next to each other, and match to make a single larger object, then that meets the requirements of "interlock". If I have to make them so that they slot together more intricately, I think that's going to reduce the flexibility in making them modular.
Well... I suppose that's the point. Finding the balance between playability and modularity.
When you see the word interlock don't think of a puzzle. It's not the bases that need to interlock necessarily.

A quick example would be a military facility. The majority of the facility can be on the base. You could then make a removable smokestack or water tower that's fits onto/into the facility base. Add in some standalone barricades/fences/watchtowers/gun emplacements and it's modular.

Another thought is referencing DeadLead's build. The holes in his 'main' base could be filled with spiky pits or pools of water. That way when the Cd's are separate from the base, the base could still be used.
lol blue you stole the idea right from my head. I had something in the works around that same idea for the cd "trays" when they were not in use.

Incursus
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Incursus » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:31 pm

I have an idea for this. Whether or not I'll do it depends on if I can get the stuff I need. I've looked at a few past group builds, but I've never actually participated in one.
"Darn you Incursus and your ninja ways! Darn you straight to Heck!" - TheSinisterUrge

sorienor
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by sorienor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:11 am

If anyone needs a bit of inspiration, here is a modular set I did a couple years ago.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/mo ... rk-terrain

Death Dragon
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Death Dragon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm up to it :D i'm thinking something on the lines of a prison outpost, something that would hold penal soldiers, with barracks, watchtowers that can be removable, and the classic prison courtyard.
-Black Templar 2000 pts
-Imperial Guard 1000 pts
-Chaos Space Marines 1500 pts

"Livestock have hooves, Tau have hooves. Time for some greater good hamburgers.

feddog
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by feddog » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

This sucks....I just Finished some Terrain that would have totally fit this
Necrons - 2000
orks - 2250

Only a true man dies fighting, I for one run away.

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sebell » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 am

Mwahaha, after trying to think of several ideas to come back to this build I've finally figured out the starting point for my build for this group build. Time for me to dust off my build after that aborted field house i was working on.
Raven Guard: 2000 and growing
Painting eyes are the bane of my existence.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

Return to “Group Build XXVII (27)”