20 pounds by August 7th.

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
nickg73
Now we're getting somewhere...

20 pounds by August 7th.

Post by nickg73 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 am

Hey Guys, this is my first post on MWG Forums,

I've been watching and following MWG for about three years ever sense they got started putting up videos, after about a year of watching their video's I picked up my fist 40k army and started playing. I basically got involved in the game by watching MWG and bluetable painting videos, so I owe a lot to the MWG guys.

Also about five years ago I graduate HS and enrolled as in College, I played offensive line in HS and though I would play in College but it didn't really work out, but I still weighed about 280 pounds. After my freshmen year I decided that I had no excuse to have so much weight on me. So I started a pretty serious workout regime and diet program and in about a year I was down to 205 210. I was able to keep most of the weight off until i graduated and entered the real world. I've struggled having a real job that doesnt allow me so much free time to work out and diet, and I've packed some extra pounds

So as I was about to start my weigh loss push I noticed that Matt and his wife put up a video, and decided that this was a sign to start a forum topic and maybe a Vlog sharing with them my weight loss push.

So starting numbers
235 Goal to be at 215 by my birthday
How Im going to do it
-Workout five days a week, but make sure I focus on good efficient workouts, not the lasy one's ive been doing when I get off work, I may decide on a specific program, more details to follow
-Use my fitness pall app on the iphone to track my calorie and food intake, its been really helpful I can search any food and it can usually find it, which allows me to see how many calories I've had for the day and how many more I need
-BRING FOOD TO WORK I work in a residential setting and we cook a lot of frozen food, changing that will help

IF i meet my goal.....I'll get a storm raven.
Also no more buying models until I do.

Just wanted to thank Matt and Holly for inspiring me to start this and be focused
Also wanted to Thank Matt, Dave, Joe, Dan, and all the other guys at MWG for getting me involved in this great hobby. Thanks guys!!

nickg73

Re: 20 pounds by August 7th.

Post by nickg73 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 am

Hey Guys

Im just writing a little mid week note, everything is going well, Been following the diet sense monday, and the gym routine is going good, I feel a lot better more energetic.

I was just had a few questions for anyone out there reading this.

1.) any type of workout programs you would like to recommend?

2.) what to do about food cravings, What I've typically done is reserve one day a week to responsibly cheat on my diet, have the cheeseburger and single slice of pizza, but I'm just wondering what other people have tried out.

Thanks guy!

Nick

nickg73

Re: 20 pounds by August 7th.

Post by nickg73 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

Second week and time for the second weigh in.

233 down 2 pounds, I know I am a day early but I have a long day tomorrow at work and I didn't want to miss out on a post.

Again thanks for reading guys and I am welcome to any tips.