Red9's Fat Crusade

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
Red9
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Red9's Fat Crusade

Post by Red9 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Since middle school I've been slowly packing pounds. And now that I'm 21 and in college, I think its about time to shave off all this brutal weight that has been plaguing me nearly my entire life.

I'm 5'7 and of korean ethnicity. My daily schedule usually calculates to me sitting at a desk or on the bed sleeping. I never leave the apartment unless I have a place to go (never to just get up and 'take a walk'). My diet consists mostly of snacks, take-out and fast food. So yeah I'm in quite a bad spot, haha.

My goal is to lose 40lbs. Seems like alot, but I'll have three entire months to work at it. And I'll follow these rules to help me get to that weight goal..

#1 Thou shalt not indulge in junk foods.
Going to give up chips, cookies, cakes, chocolate, cheesecakes, candies, fast food, and whatever else foods that common sense dictates is bad for you. I don't think I need to worry about drinking unhealthy beverages; never was a fan of soda or any carbonated drinks. But just to make sure, I'll also make it a rule to avoid these drinks case the urge rises.

#2 Thou shalt not skimp out on workouts.
I plan to do a sort of exercise everyday. Be it walking, running, weight lifting, anything. Also I promise that the exercise has to be sufficiently straining, so as I don't lie to myself that 2 and a half push-ups count as the day's worth of exercise.

#3 Thou shalt watch what thy eat.
Some foods that are said to be good for you, can actually make it harder for my body to lose fat. So I will have to watch for carbs, saturated fats, and natural sugars. But the rule of thumb is to eat in moderation, never over-indulge.

#4 Thou shalt keep track daily of exercises and diets
By writing down my progress, it should help me keep track of what I eat and how much I exercise. Also should be a damn good motivator, imo. :D
But I'll post here everyday with a summary of what I have done and how to progress comes.

Weight at start of challenge: 190lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs
Time Limit: 3 months (5/27- 8/27)

Rewards:
-Honestly? Being able to feel great and look it too is the best reward!
-And a 'Realm of Battle' board will make that epic. :twisted:

Goodluck and godspeed to all challengers! The Emperor watch over you!
Last edited by Red9 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial Flak Armour, outdated since 1932.

Youtube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/TigerBrewed

Eyegowja'z Badmoonz
Wins: 62 Losses: 14 Ties: 16

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Red9's Fat Crusade

Post by Amael » Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Good luck Red :)

Red9
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Red9 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks mate!

Well I think its time for an update. Yesterday and the day before I was called in by Warner Brothers to help test a game title they have been working on for a few years now. But that means they'll be providing lunch for us in those long seven hours of testing. Ended up having pizza and greasy burritos all weekend, sad to say.

Now I rounded back around to 190lbs.

-Red9
5/30/11

Eyegowja'z Badmoonz

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 pm

what game XD
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 am

Any jobs like that, pack lunches for Red... It's a real problem with various jobs that they just go for cheap options, or maybe it's even part of your job!

I've done a few Mystery Shops through a couple of companies where I had to go and at least try various meals from fast food chains, and yeah, true, I didn't have to eat them, but the times to go and check service were always at meal-time hours and most of the time I had to sit-in for 30 minutes. Try not eating it then! :P

Hopefully you'll get back on track. Just remember that a treat now and then won't ruin you, but if they're too often it'll start showing. Fingers' crossed for you fella!

Lore20
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Lore20 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Good luck!!
I don't have enough money for a reward :(
Honestely I don't understand. The world is screwed because
1.Natural disatsters are everywhere
2.PSN was hacked
3. Halo 4 is coming out
4. Mat Ward still has a job writing codexes...

They see me rolling with Nurgle... They think I'm all death and plague

Red9

Post by Red9 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 am

Sweet tips amael! Will be sure to think ahead and pack the om nom's ahead of time.

As for this update, I've lost a steady 4 pounds :D.
I have been carefully watching what I eat, especially sweets. My exercises haven't been consistent, mainly due to terrible weather down here in Seattle (thus the nickname rain city). And living on the 5th story of a shaky wooden apartment, I'm limited to pushups and situps due to their 'quietness'.

But making progress nonetheless! Slow but at least I'm getting somewhere =3

Eyegowja'z Badmoonz

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am

I highly recommend the Evil Russian Push-up Regime that A Luna posted :) I've been following it and went from 15 push-up maximum in my first week (after 3 days of struggling to do 10 to get me used to exercising again) to a 40 push-up maximum in my second week, and I don't know how many I'll end up doing on my next 100% test... :D You can do it with sit-ups too, which is what I'll be doing once I can hit 100 push-ups in a set... :) Once I can do that, I'll follow MWG Dave's random-push-up-regime for a while, interspersed with Sit-ups as well :)

Red9

Post by Red9 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Sounds good! I'll take a look at his post. Thanks!

Eyegowja'z Badmoonz

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Welcome to the Challenge Red9! Sounds like you're off to a great start so far. Keep it going :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Red9

Post by Red9 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 am

So here's the update!

My weight hasn't budged from the 186lbs mark.

But today I started the Evil Russian workout regime, and I could not start until I cleared out and figured out my schedule. But anyways, my total pushup came to a mere 14. I bet I make girl scouts look meaner than me, hahaha.

But looking forward to seeing some serious results! I have good faith in this workout. I'll keep up the posts!

Eyegowja'z Badmoonz

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:37 am

Hey Red, don't worry about the push-ups...

Basically I started, could do 15 at first, and then carried on until I hit the 2nd test, where I did 40 as my 100% test. I was so happy about it!

Then about 3 days later my girlfriend pointed out I wasn't doing 'proper' push-ups, then did what she said and only managed 10... and then the next day I could only do 5. I felt awful about it, and have since re-started the entire cycle all over again :} I'm currently taking a break from the exercise (bar walking) because of my leg being a pain :} But soon!!! SOON!!! I shall start again, and hopefully keep the weight I've lost so far off :)

It's a slow process :P But maybe you're doing enough to maintain your weight, and just need to either exercise that tiny bit more, or to drop that extra little snack or whatever at meal-times :) Starting the ERPUR, though, should push you into weight-loss instead of maintenance :)

Red9

Post by Red9 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Haha right on. Didn't think all these pushups would be so intense on my abdomen. But yeah its going nicely so far!

Hopefully I'll keep my pounds off doing this, and take off alot more. :D

Eyegowja'z Badmoonz