30 Pounds in 90 Days - Challenge Accepted

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: 30 Pounds in 90 Days - Challenge Accepted

Post by Amael » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 am

Please don't post any of you in a dress. I will allow a Kilt if you are of Scottish lineage, but that's it :P Hehehe

Flame'n'Snow
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Flame'n'Snow » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

Day 43 True:

Delayed medical update!

So, here's the fun part. Got weighed at the doctor's, found my self to be 233 and 6' 4 1/4". That's a 2 pound drop from my own weigh-in, but kind of comforts me because it says my scale has been in the ballpark. The humor of it all, though, is that what I think should have made me feel great became a very sad note when I asked my doctor to double-check my weight from last visit. Apparently, even though I've dropped a good 22 pounds this challenge, I've only dropped about a pound since last summer.

However, the good news is, I've managed to erase most of my doctor's fears about my cholesterol... Other than to give him a new one. My cholesterol dropped from 205 to 135 (or so). With, for those who don't know, 200+ being in the danger zone. Would have been great, if it wasn't that my good cholesterol dropped down to 38 (should be 40+). But, the most important thing is, I'm healthy and my doctor entirely approves of me continuing as I've been doing.

Best of luck to all!
Flame'N'Snow

Flame'n'Snow
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Flame'n'Snow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 am

Day 48 True:

Well, looks like I may have hit a plateau. Or, it might just be a side effect of last week's large jump. In either case, I didn't lose any more weight this week. Still sitting at 235. Now, since that means I'm roughly at where I was last year at this time, I'm really thinking I'm down to a more "normal" weight for me. So, what does that mean? Well, firstly, that means I've got 30 more pounds to go until my wedding goal weight. Secondly, that means I've only got 8 more pounds to go until the end of the challenge. Lastly, and most importantly, I get the sense this means I'm going to need to start really exercising if I want to shed these last pounds.

However, thankfully, I know I've managed to shrink my stomach. I simply can't handle some of the large meals I use to be able to down and still have room. So, at least, I'll be able to keep this weight at least at this point without any trouble at all. Dropping lower will require work! Work work work. And thus, I can do.

Best of luck to all!
Flame'N'Snow

Flame'n'Snow
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Flame'n'Snow » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Day 55 True:

Hey all, just checking in real quick. Not gonna toss up the graphic this week cause it's honestly kinda sad. I've been sick most of this week, which you'd think means I would lose a lot of weight. Well, for me, when I get sick I tend to eat more to try and keep my body temperature up cause I get chilled REALLY easily. So, I actually spiked all the way back up to 240 at one point over the week. That being said, for the weigh-in, I'm back down to the 235 I have been for the past two weeks. If all goes well, I'll be dropping once more for the final weigh-in during July. However, even if I don't, as long as I work hard throughout August, I'll still be set for the 30 point weight loss as the end of July goal is 236, meaning I've already beat that by a pound.

8 pounds to go and 5 weeks to do it in! Crunch time!

Best of luck to all!
Flame'N'Snow

Flame'n'Snow
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Flame'n'Snow » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 am

Day 62 True:

Well, we're now coming to the end of July. In fact, my twenty fifth birthday is tomorrow, horray! And what better way to prepare for my birthday than with another weigh-in report. Well, it would be worse if it was a major weight increase, but still. Behold, the all powerful weight loss graphic:

Yep, it seems my body is through the plateau of the last three weeks. Really haven't been doing much differently, which leads me to suspect it was just a matter of my body refusing to let go of its weight due to a slightly lowered intake. Amazingly enough, it was a 4 pound drop as well, down to 231. But anyways, to date, the overall numbers look like this:

Starting weight: 257

End of May Goal: 255
End of May Actual: 255

End of June Goal: 245
End of June Actual: 242

End of July Goal: 236
End of July Actual: 231

Final Summer Goal: 227
Final Summer Actual:

End of August Goal: 224
End of August Final:

End of September Goal: 212
End of September Final:

Final Wedding Goal: 205
Final Wedding Actual:

All this adds up to the fact that I now sit 4 pounds away from my goal for the summer with four weeks to go. That's an amazingly sub-par 1 pound per week. Of course, as previously stated, I'm going to be extending this out another 2 months with the hopes of dropping another 22 pounds on top of my summer goal weight. Plus, once I get back to college, things should get better as I won't be working insane hours. Mondays and Fridays I start at around 9 and am over by 11, Tuesdays and Thursdays I start around 9:30 and am over around 5 (though I'm intending to do some Warmachine / Hordes gaming on Tuesday nights), and then Wednesdays I start at around 9 and am over around 4 (though I'm intending to do D&D Encounters on Wednesday nights as well). The important part about said schedule, though, is the fact that I'm not involved with work, or driving to and from work, from 10 in the morning til 11 at night. I'll actually have the time to be out biking in the hills of Virginia, which should, in turn, help me reach my goal weight of 205 for October. We shall see. Worry not, everyone. I'll keep you up-to-date. The graphic should be updated to show the weight loss all the way out to October for the next update.

And, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the monthly tally marks now include an August and September goal, as well as the final wedding goal. It's worth pointing out, due to my interest in symmetry in all this, that the final wedding goal is set to be measured on October 19th, though the wedding itself will be October 22nd. So, I do have an added few days to make that goal if I don't hit it... Just saying.

I also want to point out that my weight loss rate is actually going to have to increase for those months... The 30 pounds in 13 weeks resulted in a required weight loss rate of about 2.3 pounds per week. These additional 22 ponds in 8 weeks results in a required weight loss rate of 2.75 pounds per week. So, every pound I shed before I go into overtime will be a welcome break and allow me a healthy rate (actually just hitting 223 - 224 for the end of summer rather than the end of August will put be at a 2.3 pound per week rate for overtime)

Best of luck to all!
Flame'N'Snow

Flame'n'Snow
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Flame'n'Snow » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 am

Day 76 True:

Hey guys, sorry I missed last week. Work is being a bit evil of late, not in the sense that I've been working too much but just that when your work week is Wednesday to Sunday, it's a bit hard to convince yourself to make your weekly blog posts. Anyways, graphic time! Now updated to the end of my overtime:

Almost there... ALMOST THERE... Weight this morning was 228 pounds, summer goal weight is 227. I have two weeks to shed that last pound for the summer. I actually think that I broke my goal over the course of this week, but a higher than normal ingestion of alcohol as well as candy has cause an every so slight increase to my weight. No matter, the important thing is that my weight is dropping and I've done very little unsustainable things to make it go down.

The 22 or so pounds for overtime will be interesting to drop. My newest friend is insisting that she's going to make me healthier (I don't really eat greens) once we're both back up at school so, hey, who knows, I might even drop a bit more. But, as long as I make my 205 by the wedding goal, I'll be REALLY happy.

Best of luck to all!
Flame'N'Snow