HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu May 26, 2011 8:42 am

I just wanted to throw this out there:

If you're not familiar with how to safely and effectively lose weight, please consult your physician (or if you're a minor, at the very least, your parents) and discuss any plans you have for weight loss/increased physical activity with them. None of us want to see anyone hurting themselves in any way because of this challenge.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS

Post by Amael » Thu May 26, 2011 10:16 am

Very true. I attended both regular gym sessions and diet classes through the NHS about 9 months back, but after I got my job (which ended 3 months ago) I didn't have time to get to the gym sessions, and the diet classes ended. I was walking a lot for the job, but never ate properly and ended up putting weight on. I'm still not as heavy as I was, but I have all the info to fall back on and would gladly scan them in and email them to anyone who wants them.

grumhelden
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by grumhelden » Thu May 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Its worth mentioning that starting a program of physical exercise and weight loss has to be done carefully and within your limits. Trying to move a mass thats really too heavy for your skeleton anyway faster than you usually do is a great way to get injured.

Take it slow and stay goal-focused!

There will be highs, lows, weeks where the weight falls off and weeks where it goes up, but the goal is at the end of the period you set, not during! Dont let a "bad week" kill the whole thing.

Sunstar
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sunstar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:07 pm

It is also worth to mention that you can qualify for Ohip covered weight loss cliics. I am going to one myself. they will give you tests to determine what you are burning at rest and at "play". and then work with you to find a meal plan.

apparently I am 55lb overweight :/
"Yes, right. You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehical mode when he could have flight." -Starscream