Amael's 30lb Tortur-er, Challenge Acceptance

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Amael's 30lb Tortur-er, Challenge Acceptance

Post by A Luna » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 am

Ahwel... I would have loved to join in their club and paint some stuff for them, but I'm way to far too (Netherlands).

So far, if everyone's doing what they're saying in their topics, things are really working out for them. :)
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:59 am

Hello everyone :) I'm a bit late in posting a Vlog entry, and I shall do that in a bit.

I hope everyone is still doing well with their challenges, because I've not been too great at it recently :} I had a night out at my flatmate's Final Show, where everyone who is graduating this year displayed their artwork. It was pretty good, but one or two pieces stood out in particular.

I've been good(ish) on food and the like, but I've been horrendous on drinking water and exercising a bit. My leg still isn't 100% so I'm going to go and see my doctor next week, and see if I've done something stupid to myself >< I had such high hopes, as well! :( As for the water... my only excuse is that Brita has spoilt me. I have a Brita Filter jug in Sunderland, and otherwise I'm just stuck with Hartlepool tap-water. Now, don't get me wrong, there's no other water quite like it (for all of you who say that water doesn't have a taste, I say your mouths don't work properly!), but that saving grace is also it's downfall. I haven't had Hartlepool Water in over a year, and now I've had 4 days of the stuff. Brita-Filtered water is much more preferable to the tap stuff in this town. Especially seeing as the unofficial tagline of the water company here is "Taste the Radium".

Anyhow... I have definitely had to be on my toes keeping up with these three Horrors. The cats have been equal measures cute and sweet and "Aww", and also little spawns of Satan. I have had to fight them off any time I even think of making my breakfast, lunch or dinner, and Gods-forbid I should even go near the drawer that the cat-treats are in for any reason. Add that to the Children-of-the-Corn-style Stalking of me that they do, and I'm a bit 'narked with them. Please, forgive the North-East British slang.

It's just down-right disturbing to look up from the computer/xbox/miniatures and see them all sitting there in a little line, staring at me... not meowing or moving at all... just focused... must... kill... mice- NO! :shock: Your Hive-Mind-Tricks will not work on me, Vanguard Organisms! I swear that whoever came up with the idea of Tyranids first MUST have at least 3 cats in their home. They act like Genestealers, even to the point of Outflanking me :?

Ah well. Time for a late lunch, before recording a Vlog and then hopefully getting on with my Tyranids without being disturbed :)

Keep up the good work!!!

PS: I forgot to weigh myself last night, so I shall be doing it tonight about 19:00hrs GMT (I think that's about 12:00hrs for anyone in Canada... Not sure though :))

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Amael wrote:Hello everyone :) I'm a bit late in posting a Vlog entry, and I shall do that in a bit.

Ah well. Time for a late lunch, before recording a Vlog and then hopefully getting on with my Tyranids without being disturbed :)

PS: I forgot to weigh myself last night, so I shall be doing it tonight about 19:00hrs GMT (I think that's about 12:00hrs for anyone in Canada... Not sure though :))
I had good intentions. Please, know that... :(

Basically things have gone wrong. Somewhere between not exercising as much because of my leg and not being as on-the-ball with my food and the like, I've managed to gain a few pounds. I weighed-in last night at 106.9kg, or 235.67lbs...

Alongside this, I haven't even touched my Tyranids, nor have I recorded a Vlog entry.

For the weight-gain, I can only use overconfidence as my defence. Obviously I saw the loss before as a great achievement, and it bred weakness into me. This changes now.

I will be doing a hell of a lot of walking today, because I have an interview to go to (not a good 'get a job after this' interview, but a 'Why aren't you working yet?' interview at the Job Centre. Because being berated for trying my hardest is why I go there, don't you know! :} ) and also because I'm going to Newcastle-upon-Tyne to stay with my girlfriend for a few days. I will be on my own a fair amount of the time there, so I know that for breakfast and lunch, it's only me that can source the meal and if I want ANYTHING then the stores are at least 5-10 minutes walk away. Unless I make a conscious effort to go to a further-away one (which I will) which are at least 20-30 minutes away.

So, I am failing. My total weight-loss has gone from 16.3lbs to 9.8lbs. I fail at life...

But I will change that.

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:50 am

This isn't so much of an update on my current situation Weight-loss-wise as it is a small discourse into the steady decrease of Sanity amongst the people in charge of our countries.

Now, forgive me, but I don't know much about the Canadian Government or infrastructure, barring that you (like us here in the UK) have a Nationalised Health Service. Beyond that, I'm stumped. However, I'm fairly sure even this will bemuse you as well as the Americans (and other Nationalities) that might read this entry.

About 30 minutes ago, I attended an interview/meeting at my local Job Centre Plus. These buildings are in every city and town in the UK and provide a hub for people who are out of work through recession, laziness or illness to claim their Benefits and thus get a bit of cash to pay bills and what-not. Or get drunk, whatever is highest on their priority-list at the time.

In this meeting I was informed that my name was on a scheme that will start very soon, and runs for 40 hours per week, every week, for 2 years. Minimum. Unless I get a job first.

This scheme basically has Classroom sessions devoted to teaching me Interview Techniques, CV Writing Skills, Basic Numeracy, Literacy and IT Skills, as well as Job Placements with the local Community Service agencies; these placements involve working alongside ACTUAL criminals doing the jobs that people won't do even if you pay them, and also some other basic fun stuff like picking up trash from roadsides, sweeping streets with brooms, trimming park hedges, etc.

Oh, but it's okay, because I get to do all of this for the following;

My normal Job-Seeker's Allowance, which is less than the National Minimum Wage and is just barely enough to pay for groceries each week. Oh, and I still have to go to the Job Centre once per week in order to "Sign-On" and actually get the Benefits. If I miss any sessions (all of which are mandatory) then I lose what little money is given to me to allow me to exist.

Also included in the mandatory sessions are Pilates lessons, as well as various other healthy-body-and-mind happly-clappy things. Which dock my Benefits if I miss them.

And to think, over here in the UK, we say that the American Government is, at times, stupid and ill-concieved...

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 am

Weighed-in today at 106.8kg. I've only lost 1lb since last week, but it's better than gaining again!

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:37 am

Weighed in today at 104.0kg :D or 229lbs :) Only 4.1kg away from getting below that 100kg threshold! :D

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, come the morning (it's 23:31hrs here in the UK) it will be time for my Final Weigh-In for the Wargamer Weight-Loss Challenge. I haven't kept up with the blog or vlogging, which I am sorry for, but all in all any weight-loss is an improvement, and some progress is better than none.

Now, on Wednesday morning (the 24th) I weighed-in at 101.7kg. This evening after I watched Matt and Dave's final weigh-in, I checked and I was 101.9kg (although you have to factor in that it's 14 hours after I usually weigh myself and I'd had dinner and all that, so... -shrugs-)...

So, I'll update quickly before I get ready for work tomorrow with my exact reading before 07:30hrs GMT, then head out...

Oh yeah, I never mentioned that; I got a job in the Back Office department of a Customer Contact Centre re-calculating incorrect Gas and Electricity bills for people. It's not GW or MiniWarGaming, but it's better than 'Signing-On' every fortnight... :)

Anyhow, we'll see what I weigh in the morning. I hope everyone has done really well, and even if you've only lost a couple of pounds you've still done well! :D Lets see if we can keep it up and carry on down the line... :)

WELL DONE WARGAMERS!!! :D

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 am

Okay, here we go!

Beginning Weight = 111.3kg - 245.37lbs
Goal Weight = 97.69kg - 215.37lbs

FINAL WEIGHT = 101.1kg - 222.89lbs
Total loss = 10.2kg - 22.49lbs

So, nearly there... Not quite as good as MWG Dave did, but I'm still happy with it :D I've got a continuation plan in the works as well, as the Contact Centre I work in has a free gym for employees, so as soon as I'm out of the training for my job (in another 6 weeks :( booo!) then I'll be finishing work just as the gym calms down and everyone leaves it bar the actual gym staff :) That should help me lose a bit more, but I'm already walking more and eating less than I was. I am not sure how I compare to my previous pictures, but I think I look about the same... Although having said that, I bet MWG Matt and MWG Dave both thought they hadn't really changed appearance-wise until they saw their pictures again :S

Congratulations everyone, any progress is still progress, and keep up the good work :)

Amael

KieTHJaCk
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by KieTHJaCk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:31 am

I managed a few spoonfuls of Pro-biotic yoghurt before the press-ups and what-not. I think I managed about 3 litres of water for a change too, not just a single glass of it and Gods-only-know how much over-sugared juice...