First post ever, let's make it a good one!

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
joshoftheforest
Now we're getting somewhere...

First post ever, let's make it a good one!

Post by joshoftheforest » Tue May 24, 2011 10:50 pm

As previously stated, this is my first post ever on these forums! I've tried for a long time to loose weight, but have never really committed to it... maybe this will finally be the motivation i need to get in shape!

When I was really good with my eating and exercising, I was around 190 pounds... this summer I want to get back to that! I don't want to jiggle when I tap anymore!

Ok disturbing imagery aside... My sister has taken control of the washroom for the evening, but I will weigh myself as soon as I can, and be able to present for you all a more concrete goal!

My first step: no more soda! I drink way too much of that stuff... also, try to cut back on my munching by being out of the house more!

Reward:
-Um, a box of Stormvermin I guess? Idk if I can really afford anything...
-Feeling better about myself, of course!
Alright! I will be completely truthful, seeing how this is my first post and all... In my video responses I have made no secret of the fact that I have a huge crush on Joe, he's just so cute! :oops: Sorry, just had to get that out there! :oops:

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: First post ever, let's make it a good one!

Post by Amael » Wed May 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Good luck with your challenge :) My first post was for the Challenge too :P

joshoftheforest

Post by joshoftheforest » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Ok, so two weeks down... and little to no progress :P
Not that I wasn't trying! I've been trying to find something that I know I can stick to, even when I (hopefully) start working full time... and I think I found it!
In desperation i went to watch some of the weight loss vlogs MWG has been putting up... and I found Dave's, which I realized I hadn't watched yet... I liked the sound of his push-up plan and decided to give it a try, starting today, with a few minor modifications...
Every time I did the push-ups, I would do 10. However, I would also do 15 sit-ups at the same time. After I did both of these I would immediately get a glass of water, because I know I don't drink enough...
And how did it work? Well, by the time of the writing of this post, I have done 110 push-ups and 165 sit-ups, just today! I'm starting to feel a little sore in my shoulders, but otherwise, not too bad! And this was in addition to going for a 2 mile walk and moving two dressers and a bed from the second floor to the basement of my house!
I'm also going to attempt to have half of ever plate that I eat consist of salad, for lunch and dinner at least, and for the other half to consist of something with protein. Also, no eating after 10pm, 9pm if I can manage!
So, what I feel was the official first day of my weight-loss challenge has been completed! So curious about how I'll feel tomorrow and if I'll be able to keep all of this up!
Wish me luck!
-Josh

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Welcome to MWG! Ity sounds like you have an awesome start to your program! Keep up the good work and if you're sore tomorrow, it's a good sore!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

WillCarter

Post by WillCarter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:22 am

Keep it up buddy, you can do it.

joshoftheforest

Post by joshoftheforest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Oh my goodness, I was so sore yesterday! I woke up and I could barely lift my hands up to shoulder level! It was crazy!

I only managed about 70 push-ups and and 105 sit-ups... which is still pretty good!

This morning I was still sore, but I took a hot shower and an Advil and I slowly loosened up :) Over the course of today I've managed 100 push ups and 190 sit-ups... and the day isn't over yet! Thank you guys for all of your kind words! It helps so much!!

-Josh