All the cool kids are doing it!

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

All the cool kids are doing it!

Post by Ashran » Tue May 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Joking title aside, I feel like this might help me get into the next stage of weight loss.

Since around november, maybe october, I've pretty much totally reversed my dietary habits. Before then, I was around 210 (none of it muscle). I had a moderate/moderately high calorie intake and absolutely zero excercize, walk from place to place at school, come home and sit. Despising the feeling of excercize (sweat, ache, everything, but, mostly the sweat) I had to change my diet instead, pretty much everyday except weekends I have a bowl of honey nut cheerios in milk for breakfast (I never drink the left over milk either), a gatorade (now changing it to gatorade water at least) and an apple for lunch, and for dinner some type of baked/grilled chicken, normally with baked potatoe wedges (no salt, only pepper) and normally a cup of chocolate milk for desert. I also was able to quit all soda cold turkey and didn't even get a craving for soda afterwards, ever.

From around october/december to last month, I went down to about 160 pounds, but, it's still 100% flab, no muscle. The hardest part has been getting my parents to help, they constantly stock the pantry and freezer with junk food even when I explicitly ask them to stop doing so because that's when I get the cravings. Anyhow, to counter act my parents' obstinance, I have decided I unfurtunately have to take up at least some of the dreaded excersize.

Along with keeping with my normal diet, I will use the excercize bike between 15 and 20 minutes a day (pretty much the only easily accessed equipment in my house) and once my pool becomes warm enough to get in, getting in it at least 3 times a week. I'm not hoping to get a six pack (can you even do that with these excersizes?), but, I do just want the pudge in my stomach to become flat and help my legs a bit (I have a bone condition that makes it easier to break bones and up until the last couple years, it has been fairly prohibitive because just falling used to break/fracture my leg or my arm, and I wish to keep it in the state I'm currently in where that doesn't happen)

Reward myself: Mostly for my own good, I have too many models already, but, I do get some wierd pleasure out of the fact that we as a species seem to pride ourselves on self denial that other creatures would gorge on without a thought to it and needless physical excersion that doesn't prove our dominance and only serves to tire us out...

I did about 15 minutes on the bike right before making this post and all I have to say is thusly; It sucks.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: All the cool kids are doing it!

Post by Smartah » Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm

I got on my bike for the first time in 3ish years today. I feel ya on the suckage, but I felt good after (mentally, not physically) so it's totally worth it. :D
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

The Airman
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by The Airman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:16 pm

The Off Topic believes in you, Ashran. If you want to work off my weight for me, feel free.
Clearly Superior.

'Airman, a winner is you. :wink: '-commando_jim
'I <3 you Airman!'-dreadlord
'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin
'I agree with Airman 100%'-Ashran

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Wed May 25, 2011 4:41 pm

The Airman wrote:The Off Topic believes in you, Ashran. If you want to work off my weight for me, feel free.
I want nothing to do with Texas, I mean they have fried beer, fried butter, fried cookie dough...Egh >.< Thanks for the vote of confidence my off topic representative.
Smartah wrote:I got on my bike for the first time in 3ish years today. I feel ya on the suckage, but I felt good after (mentally, not physically) so it's totally worth it. :D
Eh, it's difficult to see sometimes though :P And I did it for 16 mins today, normally it's tougher for me to start things then to see them through so if I can just develope a habit, i think I can keep doing it and improve to being something more useful then just 15-20 mins.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon