It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

First off, watch this video:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/wa ... -challenge

Second, if you want to join in, make a new topic stating your goals, methods, and a before picture (if you dare).

You can also post a video response here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsoOzlC84UM

Happy weightlossing!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:41 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Suggestion: Let's keep this forum year round as a way for people to stay motivated, especially during the long winter months. Push-ups and sit-ups can go a long way to keeping you healthy when combined with diet.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:50 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Great Idea! i'm up for it :mrgreen: Might include raising my marks in school too....

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Can I gain weight instead? Seriously I need it.

Justice will be painful!

It will be...

DELICIOUS!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:24 am 
First post! Good job, now post more...

Matt is the ultimate MWGamer! >:0
Superior! ...to "dave", who's okay i guess :/
Mike is pretty awesome too :)
In fact Mike is the best
Second to Matt
Who is the great
though Mike is going to win
Mike is champ.

Just typed a decent length article
pressed submit
was sent to login page
panicked
pressed return
sent to page expired page
panicked

its gone now
oh well
nuts

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:20 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Har har! It's awesome to weigh 72/73 kilo and you can eat everything without gaining weight :mrgreen:

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:22 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges
good luck, i am fine for a 13 year old, 43kg, feels ood.
... :mrgreen:

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:04 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Personally, I think that MWG should have issued some kind of warning. Losing weight too fast isn't all good, especially for young people (who the warning really should be for)

If you want a really good tip though here it is: My dad´s a doctor, not a dietist of some sort, but he meets people and see some of them changing their way of life from time to time.
Those who have lost weight for real are those who have quited crap-food, candy, soda etc. Combined with a decent (if you have some weight you are most likely to relativly untrained) amount of training you should be good to go.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:29 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

actually I must go to the other way, I have to gain something around 20-25 pounds, but good luck to all involved!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:16 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Greetings fellow Wargammers from Scandinavia, Denmark.

I like your initiativ and are very much game.

I myself are weighing in at around 100kg=220lbs (I think) and almost 2,0 meter.
(How tall are you Matt?)

Visit my topic to see how I'm planing to loose 15-20kg in 3 months.

See you all and best of luck to every one who join.

Orkz : +10.000 points
Eldar: around 5.000points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ive already made myself a challenge, ive lost 15 pound in 1 month.

The only trick i can say is less soda beverage and more water. Also playing in a league of baseball and Volleyball dosent hurt.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

I myself need to gain weight, but still the above comment holds true workout preferably a sport that is fun, for me it football and dead weight lifting at the time. Of course more water and sodium.

My goal is to gain ten pounds how though I do not know really. Other than eat more protein.

At 6ft 2 inches and weight of 145 pounds I believe its possible.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:34 pm 

Hey guys.

First off congrats on taking up the challenge to get in shape. For us older dogs (I'm 32) it gets harder and harder to stay at your goal weight. Every year we get more lazy and tend to eat the same as we did when we were 18-20.

I just want to give you guys one tip that will really kick start your weight loss. Remove 90-100% of the processed sugars from your diet(Sodas, Candy, Pure Cane Sugar, 'Sweetened' foods & drinks) and replace them with natural sugars (Fruits and nuts). That way you are still satisfying your sweet tooth and at the same time getting more balance in your diet. Also DON'T eat these fruits past lunch time! NO SUGER FOR DINNER!! That is the worst time for it, because then you go to sleep and don't use ANY of the energy it produces, thus turning it to stored energy (fat).

Good luck and remember, take it one meal at a time and the weight will come off!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Remember, it's not just pounds (or kilos) that you should be counting. Check you BMI (Body Mass Index) and see how much of that is actually fat. BMI is not the same as % body fat, but is a good number to work with. If you strength train (weights, push-ups) while trying to lose fat (changing diet and doing cardio), your weight may not actually drop so much as change percentages (fat v. muscle). For example, a month ago my body fat was 23%. I weighed 200 pounds and I am just under 6' tall. Tomorrow I measure my body fat again (skin calipers) to see what fat I've lost, but my weight training program means I've probably gained some lean muscle as I was losing fat, so the scale won't tell the whole story.

A BMI of 18-24 for a non-athletic adult is relatively healthy. People who work out intensely (athletes, bodybuilders, etc.) might have a much lower BMI. For example, washboard abs require a body fat percentage of 7% or less. So if you want a "six-pack", it's cardio/fat loss that gets you there, not sit-ups. Do sit-ups anyway, though. They're good for you! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:08 pm 

Great work Matt, Dave, and Mike!

It's to bad that I am 3 months late as I could have helped you 3 a great deal as I am a certified personal trainer and I could have answered any questions you had/have.

@bighara. BMI is the worst thing in the world to check when you are trying to lose weight. The only reason why people use it is because it is what doctors tell us is the way to see if you're at a healthy weight or not, but it is completely crap.

example: 2 people each weigh 200 lbs and are both 6'0". Difference is one is very athletic and in great shape with low fat percentage, and the other is not athletic and isn't active and has a very high fat percentage. Now if you go by BMI they are both at BMI 27 (overweight). Moral is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go by your BMI!

Matt, Dave, and Mike; if you are thinking about starting the challenge again PM me and I can help you guys a great deal!

Peace 8)

High Elves = 1000 pts

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next