It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:38 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I've let emotional ups and downs in my personal life be an excuse for not taking care of myself over the last year or so. I'm breaking that habit now.

My Goals:
1) Drop 30 pounds in the next 3 months.
2) Drop from a tight 34" waist to a comfortable 32" waist.
3) Complete the Greater Niagara Circle Route in a single day.

The GNCR is a 140km (!87 mile) paved trail that goes through the whole Niagara Region. Last year I completed 102km in a single day, and it's my ambition to conquer the entire path and make it home again under my own power.

The Plan:
1) Lots of dietary changes. I'm dropping my morning coffee (mostly due to the cream and sugar), replacing pop with water, fruit juice, or green tea.
2) More salad and fresh fruit. It's a great time of year for this.
3) Riding my bike daily. I'd like to ride back and forth to the office, but I'm usually carrying all my paints, brushes, sculpting tools, and a few models - so this will have to be either before or after work. At a minimum, I want to do 5km each day, and at least 40km each weekend.
4) Drinking *lots* of water.

The Reward:
1) New Models? I already have plenty of those that need paint... so maybe that's not the best idea! Maybe the new Necron stuff will hit around the time I'm done ;)
2) Feeling better about myself.
3) Beating Matt and Dave ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Best of luck Mike :D

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:51 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
3) Beating Matt and Dave ;)

Yes. Good luck!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:37 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Hmm, I should totally crank out my bike when I've done nothing in a day...

Also, remember, give yourself a rest period and count your calories. You can't merely change what you eat, you have to watch quantity. You can eat a lot and have minimal calories or eat a little and crank out 3000 calories.

Depends on your intake and quality.

Also, fat burn is all in the cardio... no muscle training here, just heart pumping, lung straining, and leg burning action... wow... that came out pretty dirty... sorry.

Uhm... but, getting muscles is sexy, so, protein. Watch your carbs, keep it low.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:56 pm 

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck :mrgreen: I might try biking to MWG some day if I get a bike that can carry my army lol :)

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Are you walking, running, blading, or riding your bike through the Greater Niagara Circle Route?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Don't worry DarkKnightFXR, I'm no stranger to weight loss. I'm well aware of *how* to eat healthy and exercise better, I just haven't put it into practice the last while. I was 240 pounds about 4 years ago when I started working with Matt (before MWG existed and I worked with him on his other business) and after making some lifestyle changes at that time, I dropped to my current weight floating between 200 and 210 and have held there pretty consistently... I've been as low as 192 at times over the last 2 years, but haven't made the right changes in my life to make it stick.

commodore96 wrote:
Are you walking, running, blading, or riding your bike through the Greater Niagara Circle Route?

Biking it - no way I'd be able to walk or run 140km in a single day :)

By the way, biked 15km tonight, totaling about 45 minutes. The speed isn't quite there yet, but it should be in a few more weeks.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:12 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Biking it - no way I'd be able to walk or run 140km in a single day :)

By the way, biked 15km tonight, totaling about 45 minutes. The speed isn't quite there yet, but it should be in a few more weeks.

You'll get there :) !! I have always wanted to bike it, but I need to get my passport renewed. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:51 pm 

One quick thing i'd like to point out.

Fruit can be the devil in dieting ... If your sole purpose is to lose weight fruit is not really a great option. High in calories (all the natural sugars) and not very filling. Try instead to find snacks high in protein and fiber, one of my favorites is greek yogurt with ground roasted flax. If you plan to eat fruit as a staple just make sure to count your calories, it can really add a lot of calories if you don't keep track.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:02 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Best of luck Mike!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:29 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

p-90x has some great workouts you can do at home say before you go to bed. Started it and stopped way before the 90 days where up. I Might start it back up. Working EMS can breed some bad eating habits.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:19 pm 
The Duckiest!

MadMedek wrote:
p-90x has some great workouts you can do at home say before you go to bed. Started it and stopped way before the 90 days where up. I Might start it back up. Working EMS can breed some bad eating habits.

I'm well aware - I've got P90X and have done it many times.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:45 pm 
The Duckiest!

Biked over 16km today, the first half in the rain, the second half carrying 20 pounds of groceries. Damn that felt good :D

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
I've let emotional ups and downs in my personal life be an excuse for not taking care of myself over the last year or so. I'm breaking that habit now.

My Goals:
1) Drop 30 pounds in the next 3 months.
2) Drop from a tight 34" waist to a comfortable 32" waist.
3) Complete the Greater Niagara Circle Route in a single day.

The GNCR is a 140km (!87 mile) paved trail that goes through the whole Niagara Region. Last year I completed 102km in a single day, and it's my ambition to conquer the entire path and make it home again under my own power.

The Plan:
1) Lots of dietary changes. I'm dropping my morning coffee (mostly due to the cream and sugar), replacing pop with water, fruit juice, or green tea.
2) More salad and fresh fruit. It's a great time of year for this.
3) Riding my bike daily. I'd like to ride back and forth to the office, but I'm usually carrying all my paints, brushes, sculpting tools, and a few models - so this will have to be either before or after work. At a minimum, I want to do 5km each day, and at least 40km each weekend.
4) Drinking *lots* of water.

The Reward:
1) New Models? I already have plenty of those that need paint... so maybe that's not the best idea! Maybe the new Necron stuff will hit around the time I'm done ;)
2) Feeling better about myself.
3) Beating Up Matt and Dave ;)

Fixed and GL Ducky

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Well done Mike :) Good on you!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next