Smartah's Challenge - 15lbs

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Smartah's Challenge - 15lbs

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 am

still its more than id say over 60% of the US so good job XD and i think you should go for the gym membership you seem truely motivated to keep this going so go for it and im sure being able to have access to a gym you can do your work outs even in bad weather?
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:15 am

Okay, it's another beautiful day today but it started off so bad! Ugh! Anyway I decided that I'm going to have a look at the gyms around here. We have four, but only two have pools, so I figure the others aren't even a consideration seeing as I hate lifting weights and I want to focus on swimming. So that leaves the YMCA and the Rec Plex. But first, I need to get a new suit, the other one is a bit saggy from too much use! Hopefully I can get all of this done before I have to go back to school for my second class (and pay my parking ticket because I forgot my stupid parking permit)
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:54 am

well good luck ^^ and im sure the new suit will look great on you X3
are you going to bike to wich ever place you end up choosing :o?

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:32 am

fluffyfen wrote:well good luck ^^ and im sure the new suit will look great on you X3
are you going to bike to wich ever place you end up choosing :o?
I would if people knew how to drive like they had any sanity. Unfortunately the roads are just too dangerous to bike :( As for the suit it was a very depressing hour of trying them on -.- Got one that has a snazzy design though.

I went to the Rec Plex, and the facilities are very impressive. The staff however is not. I was handed a brochure and was sent on my way. Next will be the Y, but that'll have to wait until my second class is over
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 am

well i dont think roads here are any better but thats also due to insane bikers but anyway im sorry that hour had to be depressing for you x.x well if the Y is anything like the ones here the staff will be on your business and bother you every 5 minutes so i hope its better over there ^^

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 am

Okay, here is the lowdown on the gyms:

Rec Plex
+ Amazing Facility (50m lap pool anyone?)
+ Convenient Location
+ Offers a huge variety of Group Classes like Yoga and Pilates
+ Smells like pool
- Crappy customer service
- High facility fee

YMCA
+ Good customer service
+ Ability to waive joiners(facility) fee at another Y if I move
- Children, everywhere you look, including the lap pool
- Not as conveniently located
- Higher monthly fees
- Smells like children and sweat

It seems The Rec Plex is the way to go for me.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah I'd go recplex, children your not related to (and even then) suck.... :twisted:
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 am

i agree and im jelous i wana go to a place like that <.<

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 am

Wanted to give you my final recipe for a delicious all fruit and some veggie smoothie. It's very yummy

1c. frozen strawberries
1/2c. frozen pineapple
1 banana
2 large scoops of vanilla yogurt (activia, thanks again Mike)
About 1c. V8 VFusion Peach Mango
blend, done!

If you're wondering where the veggies are, they're in the V8. A full serving of fruits and veggies in every 8 ounce glass, and it tastes delicious. If you're against V8, Orange Juice works well too. Because I use frozen fruit, I don't have to add ice cubes or anything like that. I have a thing against ice cubes in anything. So aside from the yogurt, it's 100% Fruits and veggies :D How great is that?

Some random things I think are interesting:
- If you get sunburned and get sun poisoning, rub plain yogurt on the burned and poisoned area and it'll relieve the prickles
- If you're breaking out, cut a fresh strawberry in half, rub it on your face and let it dry, wash off once dry. It acts as an astringent of sorts and dries up the zitty area. Oh don't do this if you're allergic to strawberries...
- Stung by a bee? Make sure the stinger is out and put toothpaste on the stung area, it relieves the pain and throbbing slightly, but with a bee sting, anything helps
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:10 am

well ...<.< ~ looks for a strawberry~

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Okay, quick update time

I am still maintaining 150. It's frustrating as anything but I am thankful for my improved lung health. It's been very humid here and I can feel that horrible tickle in my lungs again. Been coughing a bit more but it's not bad. I would hate to have dealt with the humidity with my run down lungs!

School has taken my freetime away from me. I have at least one test every day, Thursday I will have a final and an additional test, and two tomorrow as well, so studying is all I can really do! I am thrilled that I have not gained because of this.

I am happy with how my daily routine has changed in regards to food. I am eating much healthier and I'm enjoying it. I have very few slip ups, and if I do I regulate the rest of the food I eat for the rest of the day or during the day if I'm planning on something special (pizza).

The Rec plex, well that is something I still need to decide on. I am, hopefully with some luck on my side, planning on moving in august after my classes are finished. I'm not sure how smart it would be to get any kind of membership if I only plan to stay here a couple more months. We'll see how it goes in a couple months
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

KieTHJaCk
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by KieTHJaCk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:34 am

I guess it'll be a few days on the tower of power, balance ball and treadmill. But treadmilling it is SO boring. That and I have the biggest craving for the girl scout cookies I found. Darn you girl scouts!