Smartah's Challenge - 15lbs

From May 24th to August 24th, Matthew, Dave, and Mike are going to lose 30 pounds each. Join in on the "fun" here and get healthy!
Sunstar
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: Smartah's Challenge - 15lbs

Post by Sunstar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:11 pm

2 pounds in a week? that's pretty healthy actually. I'd not push it too much more unless a quack says you can. :/ Good luck. I like your reward system. :3
"Yes, right. You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehical mode when he could have flight." -Starscream

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks! You made me feel a bit better :) I'm dying to get back in the pool, but I have to get a gym membership to do so ugh. Just got back from washing the cars. Man I love it when the weather lets me do that!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Today I have a small brag. Small, but it means a lot to me!

First I need to tell you how bad my lungs have gotten. I don't smoke, I think it's a disgusting habit, but I did live with a woman who smoked nearly 2 packs a day and that started all of this garbage. This was while I was living in Canada. After numerous colds and flus including swine and norwalk, I moved back home to Wisconsin last August. In December I got a lovely upper respiratory infection that included the awesomeness of coughing up blood and breaking (yes breaking) a rib because I was coughing so much and so hard. All of this lasted until about March-April. So now, I am basically a wheezy asthmatic.

Okay, story over. I need to build up my lung capacity again so I don't freak out because I can't breathe. I've been avoiding the inhaler when I get a bit wheezy and I think that's helping out a lot.

The Brag: I rode my bike for about 7-8 miles at a nice clip, anywhere from 9-about 14 mph. When I got home I was winded and shaky but I was not wheezing at all. YAY!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Amael
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Amael » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Those are some serious Bragging Rights Smartah :) Well done!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Kudos on the awesome ride! Just got back from mine for the night :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Sunstar
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sunstar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Fantastic! I had a neighbour who smoked cartons a month.... horrible habit. I've had swine flu, and that was no walk in the park.

Good luck and keep riding.
"Yes, right. You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehical mode when he could have flight." -Starscream

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks guys! I totally earned my Popsicle tonight. Just got back from about a 3 mile walk :D Not even winded, though my butt is twitching. :shock:

And swine flu was not fun at all. I highly recommend not getting it. Though the Norwalk virus was worse in a lot of respects.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:00 pm

I earned my popsicle last night, but I didn't take it! another 3 mile walk :)

Today I woke up with a stomach ache and dizziness. I went to school with a bottle of apple juice and it actually made the dizziness worse. I'm pretty happy I made it hope without an accident. Grabbed my breakfast of cereal and felt a little better but my tummy was still sloshy. Fell asleep on the couch at 1, woke up at 2 with the room spinning around. I hate being dizzy. After some lemonade and crackers, I'm still feeling a bit dizzy but certainly not as bad. I highly doubt I'll be exercising today :(
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I hope you're feeling better Smartah! I've had a few dizzy moments this week, though they've been very brief, and I'm not sure why at all.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks! Yeah I'm feeling much better. That entire day was just horrible, might have just been a bug or something who knows. Weighed in today and I'm still a solid 150 -.- I'm not going to worry about it too much. Went for another walk in really hot humid weather and had no breathing problems, so I suppose I should just focus on my lungs first before my fat ;)

I will be bringing my old dog to Big Star for lunch today. He's going into the vet for his teeth to be cleaned, and I'm a bit concerned about the anesthesia so I figure why not give him a special treat and me too. I'm sure you have no idea what Big Star is, so I'll tell you! They have the BEST cheeseburger sliders, rootbeer and fries in Kenosha. They are only open during the summer months so it's always a treat to go. Might try to grab a bike ride too to burn some of that off, hopefully before it starts storming.

Oh and Mike, Thank you so much for the activia recommendation in your "this is what I eat for breakfast and lunch" vid. My stomach hasn't been half as bad as it normally is so maybe it's working huh? It's pretty tasty too!

**Edit** Got home after eating and decided to go on a very fast bike ride. So my area is really hilly and I decided to just to the 3 mile walk route I do almost nightly now. I decided to really push myself and I was going about 13-15mph average sometimes as slow as 11 or as fast as 21mph. The first stretch is easy, down hill! After some flat road, another hill, this time going up. Luckily I got another down hill rest the rest of the way was not as fun. Up hill after a short level ground, another up hill then a nice long level ride. Then another hill and soon after another, both going up. I now hate up hills and so do my legs. Down hills are still so much fun. Though I really wonder how I did this day in and day out as a kid without a sore tush. Granted I did have great abs as a kid too. I wonder where those went
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

WillCarter
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by WillCarter » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:49 am

Great stuff so far :) keep at it and you will succeed

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Today I have been so good when it comes to food. My cravings for cake have gone away!

Breakfast: My usual, a bowl of frosted mini wheats and activia. I tried the blueberry today and it is my new favorite.
Lunch: Tuna on toasted 8 grain, a big bowl of raspberries, strawberries and a banana, a glass of V8 VFusion, and some pistachios. I love pistachios, but I can't ever stop after a few, so it ended up being like a handful >.>
Dinner: I have no idea what I'm going to want for dinner. Last night's dinner was delicious though. Mmmm Qdoba nekkid veggie burrito with queso.

We had a nasty storm last night, tornado warnings and everything (not that anyone around here listens to the warnings) and the power was out until super early this morning. The temperature went from a sticky 90-95 with near 100% humidity to a very cool 55. I am thinking I might set up the tower of power today and see how bad I am at it now. The act of getting it ready will be a workout in its self! I might go for a ride, but the wind is pretty fierce, rattling the windows even so we'll see. Maybe I'll do my super fast but super short ride again today.

**Edit** Also I went shopping today for food. It's no wonder why people pick out the crappy food to eat. The good stuff is so much more expensive! I got enough Activia to last me for about 2 weeks, 2 big bags of frozen fruit, 2 containers of strawberries, 2 containers of raspberries, a cantaloupe, more cereal, 2 things of V8 , tuna and pb&j. Over $70 for that. I could have gotten that as much junk food for half the price!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:08 am

It's a gorgeous day today and we have a bike trail that runs about 5 miles to a not so great area in Illinois but I figure it's daytime so let's do it! The trail is probably about 2 miles from my house so after a quick breakfast I'm going to get ready and head out and hopefully get home before I have to go to work.

**Edit** Just got back from a 15 mile adventure on the bike trail
Last edited by Smartah on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 am

good job on your whole turn around for your health ^^ ive heard correct me if im wrong but its harder for women to loose weight? and what i hate is that id love to go bike riding i use to almost every day when i lived by the beach riding along the paths close to the shore line was amazing but then i moved and my mom wont let me out alone because i live in a dangerous area -.- and its so hard for me to change my diet especially when my mom buys terrible food for my siblings so i had managed to cut out snacks between meals and and cut soda consumnption to about 1 every other day so enough ranting about my life good job smartah :D i wish i could have u around to push my butt around to do everything your doing XD
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:30 am

I'm honestly not doing as much as I should, so that's probably why I'm not losing as much as I want. I really should take the plunge and get a gym membership so I can swim. But I agree, the buddy system is a good motivator.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar