Chaos Conversion Contest

For all your conversion projects.
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Chaos Conversion Contest

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 pm

A...challenge? Hmm. I'll take it! I am always up for a challenge!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

teleri
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: ... somewere,earth,the milkyway,the galactic universe,... mmmm cookies!!!

Post by teleri » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:12 am

ok... ill give it a try...
is it ok if i go and buy a chaos box and mix some bits with my other bits? because i dont have any chaos stuff...i was going to buy the box anyway(and a box of spacewolves so i can have two units of 13th company storm claws! by kit bashing)

teleri xb
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.Put him on your
(")_(") signature to help him on his way to
world domination

Xb

Joetrillion
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Joetrillion » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:21 am

Zeruel how long will the contest last because if it lasts over xmas i might be able to make something.

Choco
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Choco » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:08 am

Looking forward though can we make a Daemon Prince???

Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Greywolf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:41 am

Zuruel, just so you can have maybe a broader range of participants, are you going to allow Fantasy entrants? You could do a Knight/Scorcerer. Just a suggestion. And also, I believe this should be in the modelling section. What do you think? :twisted:
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

DavicusPrime
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:48 am

Wish I had more WIP pics of my Plague Lord... But then I only used bits from 2 different kits to make him. Too bad. :P Instead I'll post a pic as inspiration for the rest of y'all.

The wierd part about this model is I ended up needing a loyalist noggin (the half bionic one) to make this model. There are no bare faced noggins in the chaos marine sprues, all of them have rebreathers on. The rest is regular chaos marine and greenstuff. Since I took this pic I've added a daemon weapon in place of the P-sword (actually the D-Weapon has the P-Weapon inside of it). I hope to get some paint on him soon.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

teleri
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: ... somewere,earth,the milkyway,the galactic universe,... mmmm cookies!!!

Post by teleri » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:19 pm

how are you painting the?(what scheme are you doing them?)
because... well i was just wandering. because... if your doing them(at least one) night lord... omg!!!
lol it dosn't matter ether-way so...
lol the most irrelevant question in the world!!!
speak soon

teleri xb
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.Put him on your
(")_(") signature to help him on his way to
world domination

Xb

gwarfan
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by gwarfan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Do you have to have WIP pics? I just finished a Sorcerer using different parts but I dont take WIP pics.
Funny thing about weekends when your unemployed, they don't mean quite so much. Except you get hang out with your workin' friends.
Primus

Joetrillion
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joetrillion » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:01 pm

gwarfan wrote:Do you have to have WIP pics? I just finished a Sorcerer using different parts but I dont take WIP pics.
If you could which i dont think you can i would have posted my chaos biker lord i forgot to take pics of (Couldnt find the USB connecter for my camera)due to that im going to have to wait and buy some things :( .

Joetrillion
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joetrillion » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:35 am

Yeah i agree Zeruel its good to try make something cheaply then spend 6-12 pounds on a single metal mini im always making chaos lords i currently have 8 of them. :twisted:

ironfaith
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by ironfaith » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:14 pm

I dont play chaos, but ive got an emperors champion (oop) that im not doing anything with...

I too shall join in this lil endevor

//edit

awe... id otn have enough bitz fo to add on
looks like ive only got zee green stuffz
I aim to misbehave.

Fire Harte
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #5Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Fire Harte » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Warsmith it is for me!!

Fire Harte
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #5Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Fire Harte » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:12 pm

I have already started work, but there may be more than three frames used I assure you.

falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:58 am

This seems cool. I think I will try to enter this with maybe a Tzeentch Lord on Disc.

Had a question though - does the model need to be primed/painted? or should it be just raw after the conversion?

falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 am

alright looks like I have alot of work ahead of me....atleast I know what I will be doing - now its just a matter doing it lol...oh and what happened to deathscythe?? :|

oh damn....just went back and read the first post - sorry I just forgot about the 3 pics thing since I read this topic a while back before starting chaos....guess that my question was already answered from the beginning....anyways I guess now everyone can have a crack at me for being blind...lol.. :P