Arhurt's Projects - Necrons, Chaos and occasional Infinity

For all your conversion projects.
arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Arhurt's Projects - Necrons, Chaos and occasional Infinity

Post by arhurts » Tue May 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi all.

I've been posting all around the web and it never occured to me to sign up and start posting over here. I thoroughly enjoy watching the battle reports on their youtube channel and it felt like I could start sharing some of my work here too.

Couple yers ago I started building my necron force. My main goal was to never waste a single bit by producing all vehicle/infantry options available on the double-purpose kits GW puts out.

You can check my Full army status as of March on my Blog, on my first . If you are curious, you can see some of my plans on my [url=https://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/ ... lanos.html]Plans... post

Below are some of my Army's conversions highlights for reference:

My first Crypteks, supposedly a Cryptek of Destruction and a Cryptek of Eternity, but now just bland Crypteks from the new codex (boooo).

An unique Lychguard that uses a Crypto-hammer and dispersion shield, inspired by Tyler Mane's Ajax in the movie Troy.

My Deathmark squad, represented by T'akard with his sniper-drones.

My rendition of the Tomb Blade.

My version of the Ghost Ark, an Invasion Orb that, instead of repairing warriors on the field, teleports them back to the tombworld and simply deploys more and more warriors, endlessly.

My Catacomb Command Barge, called a Reaper Regalia that only an Overlord is able to properly control.

I have since added many more units and conversions that haven't really gone through proper photo sessions yet. Below you can see my Canoptek Harvest with my kitbashed Spider, converted Wraiths and enhanced Swarms.

I also worked on some Praetorians and a Heavy Destroyer. The Praetorians have cast pieces to not waste all the juicy bits, mainly the chest, tails and staffs have been house-cast using instamold. The Heavy Destroyer gun is also cast using the same technique.

I'm currently finishing up a second squad of Praetorians, a Triarch Stalker and a Destroyer Lord.

I'm also finishing up my old Canoptek Tentilla (counts-as Doomsday Ark) as it has been sitting unfinished for quite a while.

Hope you enjoy my work and I'll keep this thread update as I advance!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Arhurt's Projects - Necrons, Chaos and occasional Infinity

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed May 24, 2017 3:48 am

You did some really cool conversions! I especially like the sniper guy and the "Tentilla" thing in the last picture. The Tentilla has a really cool "moving" feel to it, as if it just broke through the ground in order to annihilate the intruders of the tomb world.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Wed May 24, 2017 10:11 am

LordMcAllister wrote:You did some really cool conversions! I especially like the sniper guy and the "Tentilla" thing in the last picture. The Tentilla has a really cool "moving" feel to it, as if it just broke through the ground in order to annihilate the intruders of the tomb world.
Thanks man! I really like the Tentilla as well (thats a scientific term for a type of tentacle, I believe. Sounded cryptek-y enough for me). It was actually one of the first things I did for this army as I wanted to double down on the number of things I'd get from a basic Battleforce box.

It actually evoloved into me planning an entire giant "canoptek squid" using the Monolith as a head, burrying the tentacles on the earth, and the different vehicles around it being the many different tentacles surfacing. Check out my sketches:

ImageImage

This way, a Monolith flanked by two Annihilation Barges and Two Doomsday Arks looks like a creepy final boss of some sort! I just need to figure out how to fit it all under a list =P

Right now the praetorian forge is hot as ever cranking out the second unit.

I'm also finishing more scarabs, a necron Destroyer Lord and Heavy Destroyer and the Triarch Stalker. I'm getting everyone to the pre-wash status as I'm running out of the Blue Shade from Vallejo and have to both maximize its use and make sure I get the most impacted miniatures washed first. That means the Stalker may sit unfinished for a while as I think it's more important to have a consistent look throughout my infantry line.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed May 24, 2017 3:29 pm

I love your conversions! I especially like these metal tentacles. It makes them look very alien and terrifying like Necrons should be!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Fri May 26, 2017 4:21 pm

I also really dig your conversions, Necrons are usually posed very motionlessly but you've brought life to these guys.

your paint scheme on the other hand reminds me of these guys.

but you can't argue that the army stands out and that's a big part of this hobby,

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 am

Thabow wrote:I also really dig your conversions, Necrons are usually posed very motionlessly but you've brought life to these guys.

your paint scheme on the other hand reminds me of these guys.

but you can't argue that the army stands out and that's a big part of this hobby,
Heh, I won't argue with that. Painting has never been my forte. I'll probabbly come back and add more color to these guys in the future, but for now I'm just getting a playable force on the table!

I've finished the two Heavy Destroyers and the Destroyer Lord! I did a last-minute change to him and added the extra sword. I think it adds character and makes he feel very menacing like this. I also made it so his Grav-platform is reeling back to simulate him stopping at the last minute to deliver his sword cut!

I've also finihsed assembling the last remaining five Praetorians.

I'm holding back from finishing the Stalker and Scarabs because I fear I'll run out of Blue Wassh. So tense! I've already ordered some, but getting things delivered to Brazil is always prone to nasty surprizes!

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 am

I'm finally finished with the Army and have had a few games already. I feel happy about the list and though it's not an ace tier list it should do well in the tournament if I don't make any huge mistakes.

First off, let me share a few pictures of the massed forces for this 1850pts list.

The Destroyer lord leads the Canoptek Wraith unit across the battlefield.

My Zealous Tomb Spider bursts forth from the Ground with repair sub-routines. In the background, the Canoptek Tentilla heavy artillery piece.

The Dakhma Judicators, a caste of warrior-crypteks that wield the fearsome Rod of the Covenants and oversee that the Canoptek constructs oft he Dynasty are performing as intended on the battlefield.

Dakhma Immortals are the elite infantry of the army.

Autharok on his Reaper Raiment commands the forces of Dakhma at the very front of the battle.

The Dakhma Stalker and Heavy Destroyers secure the backline and provide supporting fire for the foot infantry in the mid-field.

Dakhma Canoptek Scarabs show the progress and experiments of the Dakhma Crypteks in their search of the perfect killing machine.

Nasayan, the reaper is the fearsome leader of the Destroyer Cult of Dakhma.

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 am

Below are a couple pictures of two games I played against a friend's Ynnari.

The first one was a total victory as my Scarabs held his deathstar into a crater for the entiraty of the game. The praetorians flew about the board hunting down the scattered units of Eldar and the only unfortunate event was the fact that the Avatar of Ynnead dropped right behind my main formation!

The second game was much more brutal and I lost due to a mistake I will not repeat! I basically over-extended my Tomb Blades and that let him connect after a soulburst move and start the chain. The MvPs of that game were still the Scarabs tying up his deathstar, but the Avatar managed to kill the Wraiths, Destroyer Lord and Command Barge. Was a great game.

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:46 am

And now for something new!

I'm building my wife's Tzeench army and wanted to make several custom pieces. I've started a few of them already.

This is going to be a Flying Demon Prince. The theme is a gigantic two-headed pink horror bird guy syrfing atop a huge screamer.

This is my version of the changeling. I'm still working on the cloack and third arm.

And finally a herald of tzeench that is a huge fan of Kairos and wants to be like him (sans wings) so he sprouted a second head and stole a magic book. There is still tons of work to make on this guy but I plan the book to have an eye popping out of the middle of the page spread.

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:21 pm

Here's a quick sneak peek at something new...

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 am

The big day is very near and I'm packing my army for the trip. But I took some moments to capture some pictures of it for you!

Below are my 1850pts of battle ready Necrons. The list is a 7th edition Decurion and a CAD with a canoptek harvest and sentry pylons. The big structure is a void shield generator to protect the pylons a bit on the first turn, should I lose initiative.

Hope you enjoy!

Leading the army is my "objective 1", a cute baby wraith.

My scarab swarms are meant to be real swarms!

The Destroyer lord Nassayan leads the force, eager to prove his value to Autharok.

Autharok is here to report back to his Nemesor how his new weapons fare in battle. He oversees all from atop his reaper raiment.

The three Canoptek Tentilla (counts as Sentry Pylons) will see real battle for the first time. They are simply the tentacles of something gar sinister lurking underground...

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 am

I had the privilege to play at the Rumble in the Jungle III 40k event organized by the Painting Frog here in Brazil.

It was a farewell event to 7th edition. My list was as follows:
Decurion
Reclamation Legion
- Overlord on CCB (WS/PS)
- 5 Gauss Immortals
- 10 Warriors
- 10 Warriors
- 3 Tesla Tomb Blades (SL/SV)
- 3 Tesla Tomb Blades (SL/SV)
Canoptek Harvest
- Canoptek Spyder
- 3 Canoptek Wraiths (TB)
- 4 Canoptek Scarabs
Combined Arms Detachment
- Destroyer Lord (PS/Mastercrafted WS)
- Sentry Pylon (FDR)
- Sentry Pylon (FDR)
- Sentry Pylon (FDR)
- 5 Tesla Immortals
- 5 Gauss Immortals
- Void Shield Generator (3x void shields)

Some extra pictures at my blog Wargaming Rebel.

I was able to secure 2nd place as best general, 1st place as most impressive army and that net me the General Champion of the event trophy!

Round 1 vs Blood Angels
MVP: Pylons, eating away the entirey of his armor and the contents within.
Memorable moment: Immortals glancing down the Dread.
Result: Total Victory

Round 2 vs Innari
MVP: Scarabs tying up his deathstar for most of the game.
Second MVP: A Tyranid spire that funneled his Deathstar into scarab wall!
Memorable Moment: Splitting his forces across the table to deny Soulburst actions and my opponent complaining that I hadn't killed any of his units at key points to deny that as well!

Round 3 vs Space Marines
MVP: Autharok on his Reaper Raiment, charging again and again to try and keep some slim chance of victory after losing all three artillery pieces on round 1.
Memorable moment: That initial bike engagement. It caught me by surprize and cost me the game. Well played Khan!
Result: Total Defeat

Round 4 vs Black Templars
MVP: Sentry Pylons, eating all his soft armor support (land raiders are tough) and clearing away every last one of the Black Templar assault mob.
Memorable Moment: Nassayan Charge on assault Terminators, cutting them down to the last man in a single round of combat.

Round 5 vs T'au
MVP: Void Shield Generator for eating the entirety of his first round of shooting and forcing Farsight and his Killsquad to deal with it on Turn 2.
Memorable moment: Turn 2 Necron Assault Phase when every warrior available multi-charged several Tau Suits, negating their threat, at the same time the two Tomb Blade units across the field charged even more T'au suits. We remaigned locked in combat to the very end.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Congrats on your win(s)!

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 am

Munin wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 pm
Congrats on your win(s)!
Thanks! it was quite a blast and a worthy farewell BURN AND NEVER COME BACK to 7th edition.

I haven't had much time for posting news, but I've been slow and steadily progressing with my wife's Chaos forces. Some pieces below.

A Giant Chaos Spawn made for a mix of Reaper Bones figures and then some modelling on my part.

A Tzeench High-sorceress (counts-as Herald of Tzeench). The GW line really lacks on female characters and Tzeench offers a good opportunity to add some. She'll have a flying young dragon swirling around her robes as well. The model is a headswapp of some sort of mummy and a drow queen from Reaper Bones.

My version of the Changeling. I love the official model but I had this cool Bones figure and wanted to save a few bucks, it came out just great and well... anything really can fit that character.

Another Herald of Tzeench. This one was a Pink Horror who was in Kairos Fateweaver's pocket as he was cast into the well of eternity. He suffered a similar fate to that of Kairos grew two vulture heads just like him. Unfortunately, unlike the wizened Lord of Change, this poor fella only talks non-sense, but one head speaks everything the other does, only spelling everything backwards.

arhurts
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by arhurts » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Long time since my last post. Things have been moving.

I've had time to put some more color in more demons for my wife's army:

I also got some Gauss Pylon Counts-as from TTCombat finished for my crons:

As well as finishing a set of hills and cliffs so we can play at home when we don't feel like going over to the club.

More pics of the table, as well as its building process, here: https://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/ ... ished.html