Hoard O'Bits

For all your conversion projects.
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Hoard O'Bits

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Has anyone had any problems with Hoard O'Bits? This past 16th I bought a few terminator bits, and I did the payment via paypal (I have the purchase ID and transaction ID), and I've heard nothing. I've already asked twice through their messaging system and I've heard not a peep from them, and I just emailed them. Hopefully third time is the charm.

Even if the bits are unavailable, or something happened to the order, I would very much love to know what is going on, it's frustrating to no end.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Hoard O'Bits

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:37 pm

I've heard a lot of bad things about his customer service on Dakka Dakka and on the comments on Ebay. What I heard is that when the package is lost (or not having been sent at all) or if the bits are damaged and that you do complain to him, he will mostly deny anything happened and if you persist, he will black list you, pretending that you are trying to cheat him, and no longer have any business with you. People who had problems with him usually will just open a dispute with Paypal because he's just too stubborn and paranoid. But that's what I heard and not what I experienced since after having reading this, I simply elect to just not buy my bits there. So, if he persists not answering, I think you should not hesitate to open a dispute with Paypal.

For your next purchases, I would suggest you bits-world on Ebay. They're very professional and the prices are fair. At some point, I had purchased a set of special weapons from the Chaos Raptors kit and there was a plasma gun missing. I sent them pictures of it missing and they promptly sent me a full replacement kit (not just the missing weapon) and even gave me a special code to have a price reduction of 20% on my next purchase on their main website (normally, it's 10%)!

Another good seller is window-box, but the prices are a bit higher. I never had problems with them and it's a good site to find very particular bits like a specific bit that you want. By example, I needed a specific hellblade from the Bloodletter kit and I found it here.

I hope you will get your bits or a refund quickly.
Last edited by Kovlovsky on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Oh man, I saw those complaint on Dakka Dakka, and judging by the date, I thought it was settled by now. I hope things are alright, but I'll definitely not buy from them anymore :(.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Ooh that's not good :(

I've heard the same things as Kov has re: Hoard O'bits. Now I've not had a problem but I don't buy *that* much from him. I use bits world more I think.

And yes, open a dispute in paypal would be my advice as well =/ Good luck mate!

Also there's http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/warhammer- ... s-c-6.html which has been recommended to me from a friend (I've not personally used him, but he's got a good rep from what I gather)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Well, that is sad. I guess if by the end of the month I get no mention of anything, I'll just dispute the purchase in paypal, and shop someplace else. And in other news, some bits I bought earlier this year on Forge World did not make it either :(. The good news is that they told me they might be able to re-send them, but I'll have to ask them to ship them to a different address.

Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:17 am

this is why you always keep your bitz....

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Yeah. Although in this case is to get bits I didn't have in the first place, heheh :p .

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm

So, as a bit of an update, the guy did email me and told he'd look up what is going on (I'm hoping this next week i'll finally get the order shipped), but I will definitely look for the rest of the bits in ebay/Bits and kits. But, as a silver lining, the bits I ordered from Puppets War did arrive, alongside the magnets, so I will put them on hold until I get the rest of the stuff.

Return to “Wargaming Conversion Work”