Ximmons AM Conversion

For all your conversion projects.
Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Ximmons AM Conversion

Post by Ximmons » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:06 am

I was looking to pick up a taurox on the cheap and found just the chasis on ebay for around $13. I could not pass this up but it came without the treads. After a few iterations I designed and printed the axles and wheels below. I will be coming back to this from time to time with new ideas and creations. For anyone with a 3D printer I have posted my design online for download. No reason i should have all the fun and that tracked variant was well.. ugly. Input is appreciated! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1671651

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Ximmons AM Conversion

Post by Ximmons » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Ya that was my thought immediately on seeing the tuck. Even a half track varient looks a ton better. I guess the Imperium just has a fascination with treads. Other then the forgeworld buggy i can not think of anything that has wheels...

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Ximmons AM Conversion

Post by Ximmons » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Finished the paint job on the truck and the tires turned out just like I was hoping.
Best I can do for now. I hate external links. http://imgur.com/a/XperQ

Edit: hmm cant seem to post the image or delete the post so ... yup ill try again later