"Valnir the Reaper" conversion help (oldschool Warhammer Fantasy character)

For all your conversion projects.
PrinceofMagnificence
Now we're getting somewhere...

"Valnir the Reaper" conversion help (oldschool Warhammer Fantasy character)

Post by PrinceofMagnificence » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi guys/gals,
I'm brand new to this forum. I made an account because none of my friends (including myself) have any expertise in Warhammer or making miniatures. That said, I would like to create a Valnir the Reaper miniature so that I can display him next to my other Warhammer fantasy characters like Prince Sigvald and Throgg. Valnir the Reaper is an oldschool character from the old 5th edition codex for "Champions of Chaos" (published in 1998). He also reprises his role in the End Times. You can read about him (and see his picture) here: http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/ ... the_Reaper

How would you go guys go about making a conversion of one? His staff looks pretty tricky especially. I basically need serious help gathering all of the necessary parts, and then I can pretty much go from there. Someone suggested using a current Chaos Lord, and then going from there (like replacing his head for starters). Sorry for the noobness here lol
"Handsome and deadly."

blood-angels
Bronze Vault Member

Re: "Valnir the Reaper" conversion help (oldschool Warhammer Fantasy character)

Post by blood-angels » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 am

start by looking for bits that is simmular to what he got and bodys that got the same stance, might need some sculpting with greenstuff (as an example) for the robe.
on a side note the staff he got looks like the one the leader of the cult of the damed uses in "mordheim city of the damed" game.
white scars: 2000p+ almost all painted
Ironjawz AoS: 2100p. painted 100%
few other projects too

PrinceofMagnificence

Post by PrinceofMagnificence » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:41 am

thanks, I'll check out the "greenstuff" - and you're right about the staff! :D
"Handsome and deadly."

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Oh! I'm glad I'm not alone in remembering this supplement and the cool heroes that were in it. Honestly, I have to say that, except Valkia, the named characters of this book were way cooler than the 8Th edition or the cartoon villain AoS ones. I never had any love for the current Nurgle models and characters or that Villitch model for Tzeentch. Both Valnir and Aekold were much cooler in concept and look. I'm looking foward for your conversion. For the flail, I believe there are two handed ones in either the Chaos Marauders or the mounted Marauders box (maybe both). It might be worthwhile to check if they would do for your purpose.
[+] Expand
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

PrinceofMagnificence

Post by PrinceofMagnificence » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:Oh! I'm glad I'm not alone in remembering this supplement and the cool heroes that were in it. Honestly, I have to say that, except Valkia, the named characters of this book were way cooler than the 8Th edition or the cartoon villain AoS ones. I never had any love for the current Nurgle models and characters or that Villitch model for Tzeentch. Both Valnir and Aekold were much cooler in concept and look. I'm looking foward for your conversion. For the flail, I believe there are two handed ones in either the Chaos Marauders or the mounted Marauders box (maybe both). It might be worthwhile to check if they would do for your purpose.
[+] Expand
YES, Aekold! Another amazing one! I love the 5th edition codex :D

I plan to post pics! I've commissioned someone to do the work for me, and I shall post the pics when he finishes. Should take a month or so, I'm guessing. I can't wait to share!
"Handsome and deadly."