Trukk Conversion? Trukk Conversion!

For all your conversion projects.
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Trukk Conversion? Trukk Conversion!

Post by Guildenstern » Tue May 17, 2016 7:30 pm

very cool Sperian!! beautiful

a hot screwdriver?! wtf lol

does that mean plastic melty glue won't work?

also, I'm pretty excited I have some sorry looking old Ork Trukks from ebay coming in that I'm a canabalize or maybe add on to, depends what state they're really in when they arrive

Definitely looking for that kit, I'm pretty sure I saw one in Hobby Lobby (I have to stop myself from buying other model kits all the time lol I already have about 5 planes and 3 cars I haven't got to ><)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue May 17, 2016 10:45 pm

The old Trukks make great buggies!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue May 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Still trying to get the wheels off hah so not much WIP atm

but I did find this: http://zinge.co.uk/index.php?route=prod ... th=109_124

drools! haven't bought anything from them but tank tracks n wheels and other bits?? I think I'm in love :D

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon May 30, 2016 5:48 pm

So between the idea of using the ghostark almost prow like pieces in an orky thing - I decided to try to build at least one special "trukk" (or it might turn into a battlewagon due to size have to see how it goes during the actual construction process).

So got this off pinterst via google:

So what I'm thinking of doing is taking sprue as the wood, probably the necron bits for the prow and stern or for the ribs itself, not sure yet. Then I just need to add wheels, yes wheels, probably a sail, a gunner, a few more bazillion orky whatnots and maybe some oars, which I'm thinking of making out of sprue and a shield or other metal bit on the end (could also just be used for the rudder)

hopefully in a day or two I'll have some drawings and stuff together

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:11 pm

Took a break from the terrain a bit, while it air dries so I can prime. Was waaaaay too humid to prime today so I may end up airbrushing them. Anyway, put this together:

extended back for a trukk, thinking about giving it an open tail gate, and a gunner but we'll see. Gonna use some of my extra tires for it (hence needing it to be longer, or they'd really not fit).

Really annoyed tho, broke another drill bit >< on plasticard of all things. Sigh. Gonna see if I can hit up Harbor Freight tomorrow and replace it.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:18 am

Always love seeing the beginning of a conversion!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Rain Rain Go Away Come Again.. you know what, don't. Don't come again. I'm trying to freakin prime here GA!

Argh. I'll probably end up airbrush priming, I just don't have a dedicated area to do that in and it means cleaning my desk... which is an undertaking in and of itself lol

So I was playing around with bits and came up with this, going to change it a bit tho. After I started looking at where the cab would go I realized, duh no room for the engine. So I'll add a bit of sprue (That's that part sitting in front of the picture of the trukk atm) and that should give me enough room to build a cab and engine compartment. I think I'll pull the engine out of one of my model cars maybe. Rather than use the engine bits I have with the trukk bits since the car model will be larger, I think it'll fit this fully operational battle station err Trukk better.

Meant to start on my boat conversion first! ha, great plans gang oft agley.

Drive shaft mostly built, engine in, back wheels are temporarily on, as are the front. Still need to afix cab and the bed permanently. Deciding where to put a gun. Prolly also will put wheel wells of some sort on, would really like a ram on the front... honestly I guess this thing is really a battle wagon

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:07 am

I need grot mechanics!!! grrr

no longer available on GW

I think I found some kromlech ones I like maybe.

Anyway, so couldn't sleep, plus building this thing is just too dang fun!

^^ Driver needed a boost, to see over the huge engine cowling I built

^^RIVETS!

^^ Goal! AKA back of the driver's cab - going to paint it metallic likely

^^ Pretty pleased with this, it's almost 100% how I had it in my head, a few of the louvres weren't as straight as I like, and after I put the window mesh behind it, I realized I should have turned it 45o but oh well =/

^^ Inside the Engine area... and now, this is why I want some grot mechanics! I first off had thought the engine from the car model would be larger, but it's really about the same size as a Trukk one, so then I'm like well I'm using it anyway! I have a few odds and ends to stick in, a battery etc. Hubby suggested throwing in some wires to help "orkify it" (he's getting into this I think). And I had this idea of what about a grot mechanic or two in there "fixing" it?! I just have this image of a grot in my head with a misc. bunch of wires in one hand, a wrench in the other, and a quizzical expression, while this Trukk's rollin down the highway lmao

current undercarriage - while the wheels are still off so I can work on stuffs, the big ones fit on the back 'axle' (Wyrd has a lovely sprue bit that was just the right size to help me make something that would let the wheels still roll). The differential's a little small tbh... but I couldn't see resizing it, without maybe putting it in a square box and that just wouldn't be the same. The front wheel assembly still needs a way to attach to the front - besides me simply gluing it on I mean. I'd like to see if I can come up with a gimbal but I dunno that may be too much for me. If I can, the front wheels would turn.

Hubby's all like "how does it steer?" I said, "Orks". lol cuz I don't have realistic steering... engineers! he would have probably put rack and pinion in. That's a bit too realistic for me.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:47 am

I love what you've got so far, I can tell you are having fun :)

You may want to look at some of the crew for the new Ork Gunz or Stompa if you can find the bits on eBay.