Converting an Age of Sigmar Khorgorath into a Bloodthirster

For all your conversion projects.
dcrabb
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Converting an Age of Sigmar Khorgorath into a Bloodthirster

Post by dcrabb » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:37 pm

I bought a Finecast bloodthirster which can with an extra head and a AOS box set with the Khorgorath and thought I could convert the Khorgorath into a bloodthrister with a simple head swap and some Hive tyrant wings I got off of ebay. It needs some greenstuff work around where the wings join the shoulders but I otherwise I think it works. If I had some Bloodthirster weapons bits I'd swap them out too but that will have to wait.

What do you guys think.

ImageP1020722 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

ImageP1020723 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

ImageP1020724 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

ImageP1020725 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Converting an Age of Sigmar Khorgorath into a Bloodthirster

Post by genso6 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:24 pm

Looking great so far! I personally think it's a good balance between the muscular figure of the older model but with the better proportions of the newer thirster...and without the somewhat ridiculous flight pattern that gives it a ton of extra height.

I'm sure you could ebay or bitz trade some of the leftover weapons from someone's GW thirster to get a loadout for your conversion. Keep up the progress!
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points