Tails of Thabow.

For all your conversion projects.
Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Tails of Thabow.

Post by Thabow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 am

ummmm,,

ok, so I promised that when I got close to 10,000 views on this thread that I would finish the land ship, but that a couple of weeks ago when we were still in the 7000's, and somehow I checked today and as of this post it's at 9998, how did that happen? either way I'm going to contact my clients who I' working for now and tell them I'm going to take a quick side trip to finish the land ship cause I have everything I need, so next post by me will have the finished, (not painted) land ship.

more to come...

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:25 am

I blame bots.

Thabow
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:32 pm

lol, couldn't be my talented bitz bashing?

either way it motivated me to stay up till 3am last night and finish the ship, well 98% of it. now I got to assemble the full company of marines and it's all done, pics up tonight,

YEAHHHHH it's done.

and here's what I've also been working on, got the phone pics sending again, the gold guys and pirates are commission jobs.

this is the start to my next big project.

and this is a guard army I'm starting. the goal is 100 tanks.

Land ship pics tonight got to base the whole thing so it matches.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 am

I'm realizing now that ten pics aren't enough to explain this project in full so I'll have to get more, in the meantime here's basically the final build of the Mourning Spear.

I'll add more pics and the write up once I get a chance to do it. but for now I'll just say I'm glad it's done and here's hoping I can find a buyer cause it takes up far too much room.

here it is with the top taken off.

and here's one to show size, thats a rhino and Raider parked next to it.

more to come...

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 am

Thabow wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:32 pm
and this is a guard army I'm starting. the goal is 100 tanks.
OK, I'm going to ask the (perhaps) obvious question: why? What circumstance can you foresee that would allow you to field a hundred tanks at once? How often is the circumstance likely to occur? Does the frequency of its occurrence justify the associated expenditure of time and money? Are you buying/assembling/painting that many tanks just so that you have enough of any single variety to cover all your needs for smaller games? Would you perhaps not be better served by purchasing far fewer tanks but taking the time to magnetize or modularize all of the options (main gun, hull weapon, detachable sponsons, etc) such that if you wanted to field 20 Punishers at once (which is still an absurd number of tanks usable only in the context of an Apocalypse game) you could do so?

I mean, it's your money, but excess for the sake of excess itself is not endearing. You could collect and/or paint entire other armies that you might actually use rather than 85 tanks that are going to spend the vast majority of time sitting on a shelf.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:01 pm

lol,

you guys are the first to see the finished landship and the tanks are what you ask about? I do enjoy myself here.

to answer the question of why 100 tanks? those were all good points but I don't even game anymore haven't in over a decade or more but I do like doing all the things I couldn't afford to do as a kid AND, and this is important, thanks to my connections as a commission painter and trader, I very seldom pay full price for anything and that bitz collection was a perfect example,

anyway why 100 tanks?

this is why..

I'm going to build this for my game room, along with the mega fortress I've already started, but when I do this it will be bigger because why would you ever do anything but...

more to come.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Ah, OK, you're a diorama guy, not a gamer. Got it. Objection withdrawn.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 pm

I used to compete in the monthly diorama contest here on mini til they stopped doing it, haven't done any in awhile with the exception of one I'm doing now for a customer.

those tanks I got with reality easy, so now i want to see how many more i can get doing the same thing, I guess we'll find out.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:10 pm

I was thinking I was going to start the next Titan last night but I've got so much work to finish before I start anything new for myself...sigh....

more to come.

oh and I offered the Land ship to Minwar games, no reply yet.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:37 pm

well I offered the land ship to mini war games but got no reply, oh well back to work,

lots done this week, pics soon

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 am

sorry gents I've been meaning to post pics of the new stuff I'm working on but my Airsoft field got wiped out by recently flooding and all the tiny bit of extra time I have has been going to fixing it.

soon though...soooonnn

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am

argh...man it's geting harder and harder to hold my ground some days, maybe I should go back to my own planet for a break.

but here's some of the stuff I've been working on,

thats the base for a Diorama that I'm working on for a client in London, so close to done..

thats an alpha legion tank for the same client.

and some fancy bases I did up in an afternoon after being asked for some examples of my basing.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri May 11, 2018 7:32 am

and here's one of the reasons I'm so behind in my work, this is what's left of my airsoft field,

it's a 17 acre field and every single barrel, tire and camo net is on the ground under a few inches of crap.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Fri May 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Man, I miss playing airsoft.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 am

then you should enjoy these pics,

thats the ANB clubhouse, also where I keep all my gear.

and do you guys remember the Angry Marines army I started last year? did I mention that?

well let's just say I found them in a box and sent them to Montreal and and some point....they'll come back.