Tails of Thabow.

For all your conversion projects.
Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Tails of Thabow.

Post by Thabow » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:22 pm

you joke, but wait til you see what's in this thing.

and it's still not here, so I called canada post and they said it's out for delivery but where no one can say??

Thabow
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:57 am

waited by the door all day and it never showed up, no idea why it's been in Fredericton for two days now.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 am

so the box got here and the same day two friends stopped over to see what was in it so the box got ripped up before I could get a pic but here's some pics of what was in it.

in all there was a necron army a blood angels army a death company force four knights six tanks six dreadnoughts and stuff I'm forgetting. so here's my big job for the next month or two.

but it's not news anymore....the finished titan is.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 am

we had a couple storm days here this week so I took the time to finish this guy and get him out of the way.

and that's more or less it, I want to do a light high lighting and add some transfers but it's pretty much done. The buyer is super excited to get it and I'm super excited to start the next project.

now let me tell you about this bitz box I just bought...ah crap the 2 year old is fighting zombies, I'll be back.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:23 am

alright so...

I've got a pair of bitz boxes coming in from London Ontario and the two of them together weigh just over 50 pounds and cost about $80 to ship, to give you an idea of the size. From the pictures, you can see Zombies, lord of the rings stuff, IG stuff, orks, Tau, tanks, terrain and enough bitz to kill a Tau or two. how much did it cost? ....nothing. not a single cent, the reason being I was lucky enough to have a client who lives in the same area and who was willing to go over and pick the bitz up and then mail them to me and since I'm already working on a big project for this same client, he just asked to take it off the cost of the commission so again it cost me nothing,...

oh Friday the pair were still in Ontario but according to the post office tracking system they are now in Fredericton NB, but for some reason wont be out for delivery until Wednesday>? no matter they're here and some day this week I'm going to get them, put the kids to bed early and have me a good old fashion Bitz hunt. Can't wait to see what's in there. my early estimates are between $500 and $800 on the flip value.

So Robert in London, if your reading this, thanks again so much, I'll be putting some extra love into your commission.

pictures soon.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

seven hours it took me and a friend to break down the box into something that looks like an organized mess. Pics and a list tonight.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 am

so it took two full days to get all that stuff some what organized but here it is, the bitz lot.

this lot almost doubles what I have for bitz now and in all it included.

Lord of the rings box sets
Lord of the rights blister packs
Lord of the rings pewter models
Hero's of the space marines box set
50 imperial guard troopers
40 other imperial guard models
Bitz for two land raiders
1 leman Russ complete
2 chrimeras incomplete
Bag of flock
Sand
46 half sprus
Four sentials
Three land speeders
6 space marine bikes
Box of tau bitz
Box of chaos marines
Box of OOP pewter eldar
8 wraight guard
4 warlocks
Box of zombies about 60
2 mixed pewter boxes
Ork trucks and buggies
2 boxes of ork warriors
Box of round bases
Biz of square bases
2 boxes of scenery or diromra parts
8 gaunts
Box of wheels different sizes
Box of pewter space marines
Box of plastic marines
Box of fanasty empire and wood elves
4 boxes of lose bitz

About 80% of this whole lot is either bare plastic or pewter and OOP or incomplete.

and this morning while waiting to take the kids to school I banged out this little side project from the Ork bitz.

I'm expecting to get about 25 more buggies and bikes and carts out of this lot so there's good news.

so.. as always, more to come.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:55 am

mannnnn, what a week,

my mother goes into the hospital for Pneumonia

I get a 2400 plumbing bill.

then a 1200 power bill..

and then the titan arrives at its new owner house, he sets it up, something happens and onto the floor it goes getting broken into several pieces.

what a week.

in the meantime I took a couple of hours yesterday and sorted through the Ork bitz, then I thought I wonder if this is an army>?

turns out it was, including bikes wartracks trucks buggies and a custom war wagon.

and I worked out the value, if I can find time to paint the whole thing up, I think i can get between 6 and 8 hundred for it, it's worth over 7 just to buy.

I also talked to the guy the bitz collection came from and it turns out that he originally bought it from a guy at a flee market for .......$40.

next, I'm wondering if there's an IG army in there too?

more to come.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:59 pm

thanks to you guys making the effort to take an interest in my crazy, this thread has almost caught up to the How to Remove Paint from Miniatures Metal and Plastic thread, just under 800 views to go and I'll be as popular as the information ones needs in order to remove paint, yeah for me!!

so I'm making my goal to finish the build section of the land ship and post it as the 10000 view, in the meantime I have a stupid amount of paid work to get done first.

thanks again.

more to come.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:03 am

That there is a lot 'o bits!

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 am

there were almost two full armies of Orks and IG, but the rest is just parts which is all I was hoping for, now what to use them for?

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:51 pm

haven't been sleeping so I got some extra work done.

this knight isn't new he used to be green now he's red with a new base

and there's this heldrake I did for a friend.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:28 pm

so over the last two weeks, I've picked up an IG army with about 20 tanks and the orks plus now a good size genestealers cult army, why??

your guess is as good as mine.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 am

happy Easter everybody.

and here's to all the other dads who just feed their kids a bunch of chocolate at 8 in the morning.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:24 am

so I've been busy, but for some reason the pics I'mk emailing myself aren't showing up, I'll figure it out...