Tails of Thabow.

For all your conversion projects.
Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Tails of Thabow.

Post by Thabow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 am

here is the titan primed black.

and a pic of it on my table.

had some friends over for a game last night, one guy had 2000 points in Necrons and the other had 2500 in Tau and they were going to use the titan but decided not to after they looked up it's stats and found out it had 70 wounds.

started painting it last night.

Thabow
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 am

I just found out what a forgeworld Warlord goes for......I think i may have under charged,.

but i have renewed hope that if anything I'm not asking enough for the land ship.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 pm

I think the Titan is an easier sale than the land ship because it's something that has established rules. Frankly the land ship is so big that on most tables it's just going to end up being (really expensive) terrain.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 am

agreed, but there are people who will buy it for the sake of having it. I'm sure.

miniwargames maybe....?

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:43 am

the client wants blue and gold so here it is so far, planning on finishing it by the weekend,.

and because of the blue, I'm going to change the plasma weapon to green instead.

more to come.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:52 am

should be done the titan by sunday, pics then

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:21 pm

finished the crab monster today, put alot of time into this one, more then I usually do for something this simple, even sent it out to get some free hand work done which wasn't cheap but it will be worth it. pics flying through the air now.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:25 pm

almost forgot,

I finished the front end of the tank this week too. mostly detail work at this point on the top section.

the focus now is building up the weapons systems, need 50 of them, got 8 so far.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:30 pm

here's the first couple of pics.

grrrr, no full frontals

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:46 pm

and here's some front shots.

thoughts?

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:04 pm

So let me tell you about this box.

It started last week when one of my top clients asked if I would be willing to paint a five man unit for his custodies army. I said of course. It will only take an afternoon.

An hour later the same client asked if he could add some more models and of course I said ok but then he started sending me pics and then more pics and I had to start a list. By the end of it. There were three armies worth of models and the bitz to go with them and the price for the commission had gotten to almost $1000. My standard rate for basic models is $3 to $10. Large peices are $10 to $50 Just to give you an idea of how much there was.

But then he wanted to bring the price down and started offering NIB items, some of which I knew I could trade or sell on so I said ok and we got the price down to $700.

And that's where the importance of the box comes in cause in order to ship everything in one go the client needed a box that ended up costing $1500 in insurance and $200 to ship. ...and it's on its way. Seven days and counting.

If you love this hobby as much as I do then you love getting warhammer in the mail as much as info and this is it. This is the biggest box of warhammer I'll ever see on my life and I can't wait.

Keep in mind it means I'll be neck deep in commission work for the next couple of months but it's still exciting. And because I'm not the smartest cookie in the cookie jar I've also taken on three more commission jobs since accepting this one so i think its far to say I'm full time now cause I spend 2 to 4 hours everyday working on commission work.

Huh...a big box of warhammer....and that's how I became a full time commission painter. Strange. ...

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:41 am

I think your "Crab-Knight" is a pretty cool conversion! Though I'd always be afraid of breaking off these tentacles.

Wow, that sounds like a hell of a lot to assemble and to paint for the coming months! You must post a picture of the opened box once it arrives! Is it still fun to you to paint things or is it more of a chore?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 pm

most painters, players and modelers are the same in the sense that it takes us forever to finish anything, but if your getting payed to do the work you have to approach like a job, putting in regular hours and making sure something is finished everyday, I also try to move from one project to the next and back again so I don't get bored with the work. Thats why /i haven't posted pics of the titan yet, I have one more other job to finish first and then the titan and then a heldrake for a buddy but then I'm already to get going on this giant box.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 am

I was just told that the box is here in NB....

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by Mach-Ten » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:39 am

Thabow wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 am
I was just told that the box is here in NB....
see you in the summer ... hf