Tails of Thabow.

For all your conversion projects.
Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Tails of Thabow.

Post by Thabow » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 am

true.....good points.

what I'm looking for mostly right now is ideas, cause w\once it's together thats it.

as for painting it I need to decide if it's a space marine rig or an IG rig, I'm leaning towards marines but the problem then is which chapter. this project like the rest of my bigger project will go up for sale when I'm done so I need to decide which painting scheme has the best chance.

i'll wait to post anymore pics until it's all together, which might be a bit cause I need plasticard which I can't find locally anywhere.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 am

Wow, that's a huge project! If you're going to sell it, I'd recommend advertising it as a great scenerie for an "armies on parade" piece!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Thabow
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:11 pm

the end goal as with all my projects,...

side note, I sold three big pieces this week and now I sad, cause one of them I've had for three years, and now my display case which I use to sell futre projects to clients is half empty...sad Thabow.

sad Thabow want to buy two heldrakes for $130 and build something crazy? yes sir Thabow does.

back on subject, all my projects are for sale and are now build with the end game being to sell them and when I'm done the one I've already decided and said that it will be worth $1000 and I'm going to keep working and adding to it until it is. But your right i think the best chance is sell it as a peice of scenery but your not paying that much to have a fancy building, you'll be paying to have another one of a kind never to be reproduced model, and the guys my age who grew up with this hobby will pay to be that one in a million.....so tired, three kids, no sleep giant landship away!!!

on and I want to fit 100 space marines inside and out of sight, that's one of the goals.

I should list my goals.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:10 am

This sounds like a job that might drive you crazy. If you don't add anything to your thread, I'll just assume that your project broke you. :wink:

Nonetheless, you're building a really impressive vehicle/ piece of terrain there!
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 pm

oh no boys, I found the tracks in Calgary and the plasticard in a creppy basement.....evil laugh......mohhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:22 pm

so there's the plasticard

which isn't enough

there's were more pics of the progress, but sadly a simple friend of mine tried to pick up the middle section AFTER!!! I told him not to because it wasn't glued down, thus when he did, he dropped it then picked up the broken pieces and drop them again,. before he got a third chance I stepped between him and the model, thus until I fix it there's no point in showing pics.

but I did get most of the work done to the track sections.

going to stop until I get the rest of the bitz I'm waiting on and go back to some commission work...sigh.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:42 pm

you know I should be thankful for all the commission work I get and I am, but it just makes my projects take that much longer.

found a guy on Kijiji today selling some necramoda plates (which is what I built the first level out of) and if I can talk him into shipping them which he doesn't want to, then I'm going to DOUBLE the size of this project. oohh you think i won't? you should scroll up...

I also sat down and figured out what i want to do with this project.

1) enough room to conceal 100 space marines
2) model must be at least 35 inches long and 26 inches tall
3) model must have 50 external weapon systems
4) model will include landing space for a flyer
5) model will be built to be deconstructable.
6) model will include
Assembly bay
Armoury
Bridge
Cargo bay
Engine room
Holding cell
Med bay
Laboratory
chapel
weapons storage
mess hall
dorm

and that's it....for now

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:28 pm

I see a man with a plan.

Perhaps you should consider using some of GWs industrial scenery kits, like the Thermic Plasma Regulators or the Haemotrope Eeactors.
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm

lol,

creepy, I just got off the GW site where I was looking at those.....

in the meantime I found a set of sector imperialis objectives

and it's all going to get used somewhere. I will however have my eyes and ears open for more sets. because once this is done I'm moving on to a warlord titan and it's never too soon to start collecting bitz...

back to work

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:09 pm

just an update tonight, got three commissions to work on this week so nothing exciting there, but, I have three packages coming in one from Ontario, one from Alberta and I ...lost track of where the third one is coming from, but in those packages should be everything I need to get to the 65% mark.

I also finally got my two heldrakes and I'm shocked by how few bitz there are, not sure what I'm going to do with them, if I had two more I'd paint them up as the four horsemen and put berserkers on their back with heavy weapons sadly I only have the two.

more to come.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:29 am

arrggghghhghghgh..

why do the dark gods mess with me so much?

got the land raider tracks yesterday in the mail which would be great if they were infact land raider tracks and not rhino tracks......sigh...

back to looking for tracks

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:16 am

this was another week full of commission work

which sucked cause I finally got some of the bitz I needed for the Landship so when I was done I did some work to the landship and was actually pretty happy in getting all the floor done on the first level...

...ahh crap no pics...back in a min..

someone asked that I put a stripper pole in the land ship. and I did.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:08 pm

alright so...

first off I did the math and these three forward sections can each hold 35 space marines which means there's room for 105 of them, so there's one goal met.

and then a couple of pics of me putting the bottom on, the fantasy moving trays ended up being perfect.

keep in mind this is still only the forward half of the total ship

and then some pics of the inside, there's sooo much room.

and finally the stripper pole

next week I've got two new box sets coming in, one is a container terrain set and the other is a imperial sector set again both brand new and both going completly into this project,. the week after i have a drop pod three rhinos and a IG tank coming in and again all mean for this project. may the Dark gods continue to bless this project.

more to come.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 pm

two days away from getting the box that will let me finish the front end, very excited

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am

so I got my big box...and this is what was in it.

including a land raider and 25 marines new on spru it also had these.

and this is where it's at, at the moment, there will be changes

but I had to stop and go back to my commission work, but I did get a chance to bang these out real quick and they sold sox hours after the base was dried...bammmmmm.

are hell talons a thing? if not they are now. I told the guy I would get them painted before christmas so I'll post pics when they're done.

did I mention my love of bitz bashing?

more to come.

Return to “Wargaming Conversion Work”